Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I Liked Throwing Things

     Right now, I'm talking to Brother. I have just come to the realization that I really had nothing to do when I was little. My family didn't believe in sitting in front of the TV or playing video games for hours on end, so we didn't have any of that stuff.

     (For any young readers who can't imagine life without electronics, take a deep breath to stop the shock and panic. Are you breathing again? Good. Now, go outside and play with a Frisbee or play tag or something. It's actually a lot more fun than sitting on your butt for five hours, staring at a screen.)

     The thing is, the more I think about it, the more I realize that I didn't even really play with toys. I mean, I would play with Barbies (before I had my intense and unreasonable fear of living dolls, which I actually still have). I also loved stuffed animals (still do, actually). But I didn't play with most toys, at least not when I was outside playing with my friend who lived across the street. Except for a toy cat; that thing went everywhere with me.

     This all started because Brother said he heard a weird water dripping sound in his new house. It's slowly driving him insane, or to be more accurate, even more insane than he already is. Before he told me it was coming from an interior wall, I suggested it was the neighboring teenager who he has yet to me. I suggested that she was throwing rocks at the wall.

Brother: I HAVE THIS STUPID FUCKING TAPPING NOISE BEHIND THE WALL IN FRONT OF Brother: ME ALL THE TIME OMG WHY

Brother: IT'S LIKE WATER DROPS OR THE HOUSE SETTLING
Brother: STOP IIIIIIIIIIIT
Rachel: Maybe it's that teenager next door neighbor throwing rocks at your wall?
Brother: no it's somewhere next to/behind my bathroom and my parents bathroom
Rachel: oh
Brother: why would they throw rocks at my wall
Rachel: Entertainment
Rachel: To get your attention
Rachel: To destroy your wall
Brother: oh
Brother: yeah
Rachel: To see how far they can throw rocks
Rachel: To see how much the rock will break
Rachel: um
Rachel: To see if it is, in fact, a rock
Rachel: I'm running out of ideas, but I did half that shit when there was nothing else to do xD
Brother: lmao
Rachel: I was a deprived child xD
Rachel: And we had a lot of really big rocks and side walk all along the house
Rachel: OH
Rachel: To see if they could make a spark!
Rachel: That was one of my favorites
Rachel: I liked fire a lot

     The more I think about it, the more I think that I just loved to throw things. We would freeze water bottles so that they would melt and be cold until we drank them while playing outside. Couldn't get the lid of? Throw that thing until the lid burst off. Knowing now that the sharp and flying pieces of plastic could have taken an eye out, I consider myself very lucky.

     Big bug? Throw something at it. Mean person? Throw something at them. Boredom? Pick up the closest, non-breakable thing, and throw it until another source of entertainment came along.

     What about now, you ask? I still like throwing things. If I actually cared about sports, I would totally become a baseball pitcher. Unless my views change, I'll just have to buy a tennis ball to throw at the wall of my new house when I have nothing else to do.

2 comments:

  1. Throwing stuff is great. I just get stressed when I have to catch stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I never found catching stuff that fun either. I was always scared I was going to miss and get smacked in the face or something.

      Delete