Thursday, February 9, 2012

Starting My Blog

     I've been considering starting a blog on and off for quite some time, but I never got around to it. Either something came up or I decided against it or I just forgot about it. About a week ago, I decided it was something that I really wanted to do, so I started attempting to think of names. Since I am terrible at thinking of names, I asked two of my best friends to help.

     I have three best friends that are my second family. They're not really related to me but I love them as much as if they were. Sis is the oldest of us. Sissi is a little younger than I am. Brother is a little bit younger than that. My name is the only one you'll see in this blog and that's what I call them usually anyways.

     Anyways, like I was saying, I asked Sissi and Brother for their help. It only took Brother a few minutes to come up with a name a few days ago. We all liked it and planned that I would use it. Last night, I decided I would go ahead and make the account today because I'm getting very close to doing grown-up things (like working and moving) which will not leave very much time for the things I'm about to tell you about.

     I understand that a lot of URL's are used by other people, so I can't use them. I'm totally cool with that. Good for you people, making your URL's for your blogs and websites and such! What drove me crazy was that I spent two hours trying different names that Sissi and Brother suggested for me (along with the few I could think of). I would list a few of them (since we had some pretty darn funny one's) but I'm not sure the user/owner of the URL would appreciate that very much.

     After two long hours of suggesting names and laughing at each other, Sissi finally suggested my URL. It's from an old term, "When a lion is sleeping, let him sleep." Basically, what she told me it means is, "If it's not broke, don't fix it." It seemed to fit with, well, everything. Plus, it's just good advice!

     Eventually, it was decided that this would be my URL, but then I needed to make my AdSense account. (On that note: There are not currently ads on this blog but there will be within a few days. I will get paid for you clicking on the ad but I do not request nor encourage your ad clicking, unless you actually are interested in it. Don't do it for me. I already have a job and I'm going to take on a second in the semi-near future.)

     It took me about five minutes to fill out the application. I clicked the little button to send the application. Nope! Apparently, the state I live in is not in America. Last time I checked, I was an American citizen, but I guess that changed. After playing around for nearly half an hour, changing the way I typed things and such, I finally discovered the issue. My state's initials are what they were requesting, not to type it all out. I'm not sure if my beginning of a headache was at fault or if it was just a derpy fail.

     Finally! I had created my URL and gotten my AdSense account made! It took nearly about two and a half hours, but I (well, we, since Brother and Sissi were very helpful) had finally done it!

     Then it was time to edit the blog layout and my profile. I'm terrible with electronics (keep in mind, I know what a blog is, as opposed to my mom who still doesn't understand so I don't belong in the Stone Age, as I told her this morning). I took and passed my highschool computer class with an A, but none of it taught me anything about how to deal with blog layouts.

     It didn't take me very long to write up the profile. It's not very hard to name bands or things I like to do. Though I love reading, a lot of it is online. There are even more books that I haven't read in a long time, so I lack the ability to remember the title or author. That was the biggest problem I had so I thought, "Oh hey, this is easy! Perhaps my luck is turning around!"

     Nope!

     It was then time to edit the blog layout, with my lack of computer knowledge and a laggy laptop since my pets decided to mess with the modem cords today. For a while, I thought I was doing pretty well. It seemed pretty easy, which is not something I often say about technological things that are new to me. The more I messed with it, the more difficult it got, but the blog was starting to look pretty cool.

     By the time I was done, I was very happy with the finished product. However, my brain was unhappy with the amount of brain power and thinking that I forced it to do. It wasn't quite a migraine level, but it did feel like I had a bunch of screaming second graders playing a loud game of basketball with the buzzer continuously going off, in my head. But hey, at least it wasn't a migraine.

     I showed the finished product to Brother and Sissi, both of whom seemed to like it, and decided it was time to write my first blog entry. The screaming second graders enjoying their buzzer-filled basketball game seemed to disagree. Luckily, the severity of the headache didn't last long, but it hasn't gone away yet either. I have to do one other thing before I will officially call my day productive, so here I am.

     I know there's not much here now and this isn't the funniest thing ever, but it will get better. I work as a babysitter and I have many animals. One day, I'm planning on opening a home daycare, but that's still a while away. I'm redoing (painting, laying down floor, putting up a wall, installing three doors, etc) a trailer right next door to my mom's (where we both currently live) that I'll be moving into, before I can open the daycare.

     Along with my line of work and insane critters, I'm also related to people that I believe lost their minds upon birth. The only way anyone can possibly friends with me is if, they too, are insane. Can you imagine how crazy my second family is? They had to get passed the "Wow, this chick is crazy" line of thoughts, the simple crazy friend stage, and right into the "haha We are insane enough to belong to this family!" stage. If you take all of that and put it in a blender, that's what this blog is about. I'm just trying to find the words to tell you about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment