Sunday, March 18, 2012

What A Great Party

     I just got back from The Youngest's first birthday party. Both my mom and I were invited and I was even allowed to bring The Stud Dog, since it was at a public park and he's too little to be left alone. Shorty and her husband were invited too but they were running late so we took the pinata for them.

     I've mentioned before that I'm not very good with meeting new people or holding conversations. I never know what to say, no matter how badly I want to speak to the person. I'm much better over text (this includes phone and computer) than I am talking to somebody on the phone, in person, or even over a webcam. Why is this? I do not know. I'm just a very quiet and shy person, nearly all the time.

     When I'm with my second family or my mom, I do not shut up. I become the loud girl that makes everyone for the next two miles turn and stare. The same thing happens when I am angry. If I am mad, all hell will break loose. I am not afraid to stand up for myself and I am an over protective mama bear with a bad case of PMS when somebody messes with anyone I love.

     The point of all that is that I was actually speaking to people at the party. I was trying really, really, REALLY hard to make good impressions. I smiled. I held conversations. I let people play with and pet the puppy and thanked them when they called him cute. I offered to help with things where I could. When Boss Lady stood up and announced, "THIS IS THE NEW BABYSITTER. HER NAME IS RACHEL.", instead of freaking out and getting shy, I smiled, waved, and said "hi" to everyone. You get the idea, I'm sure.

     One lady, who I may mention in a future post but I could possibly never see again so I won't give her a name yet, pulled me aside to talk to me. She asked me if I was still in school (an online school) and if I was babysitting full time (yes and whenever I am needed). Then she asked if we could trade phone numbers before one of us left so that she could call me to watch her three kids on a weekend sometime.

     Being very freaking excited, I said yes. She disappeared like half an hour later but her kids were still there. I spent over an hour looking for her but without any luck. Her kids were still there when we left and I'm hoping that she'll ask Boss Lady to get in contact with me because even watching her kids once a month would help me a lot.

     Not long after that, Boss Lady was trying to eat so I offered to help with The Youngest. She passed the baby to me and several people at the party were like, "WHO IS THAT?" and "IS SHE EVEN ALLOWED TO HOLD THE BABY?" Boss Lady was quick to say, "This is the babysitter" to the people she overheard but there were still people questioning me.

     Thank you for your concern, but considering that the baby's mother handing her to me, I'm going to have to go with a "No shit Sherlock" answer. Thank you, dear assholes, but I have more authority over the baby than you do. I didn't go for the cake and food that you were hovering around. I didn't go to gossip or brag about the gift I got.

     I went to celebrate The Youngest's first birthday and feel very fucking honored to have even been invited. I tried hard to impress you and all you could think of was if I, the babysitter, would be allowed to hold the child I babysit. Please explain your logic to me. And next time, if you want to say something about me, grow a pair say it to my fucking face.

     To my readers (if there are any?), I apologize for the large amount of rants and anger lately. I try to make happy posts but this place is sort of becoming a public journal to me. I get to say whatever I want and I get to let the anger off my chest instead of bottling it up. I would also like to sincerely thank you for reading. You have no idea how good it makes me feel to see that I have had more page views or a new comment. Comments make my whole week.

2 comments:

  1. Try not to take those people's comments too seriously. As long as you are walking tall and proud, those people don't matter.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your comment and literally said "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" out loud. Then I told my mom what you said and she said the same thing. haha

      Thank you so much for commenting. It honestly made me feel a lot better to know that somebody I don't really know took the time to read a long ranting complaint and then even commented with such nice words. You have no idea. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

      Delete