Saturday, April 7, 2012

Are Your Eyes Bleeding Yet?

     This is the first post I'm actually attempting to add illustrations to. (Well, besides this one, but that wasn't planned ahead of time. The pictures just inspired the post rather than me getting the idea for the post before the idea for the pictures.) I am not an artist. I am absolutely terrible at art. However, I figured that the people of the internet (you), might enjoy laughing at my attempt to draw out some things.

     Two days ago, I was getting ready for work. This usually involves a shower, doing my hair and make-up, loading myself up with jewelry (a total of five earrings, a nose ring, two bracelets, two rings, and the cross neckless I never take off), brushing my teeth, introducing my neighbors to some awesome music, and tripping over animals countless times. However, there was something else that took place that day.

     As soon as I stepped out of the shower and wrapped myself in a towel, a huge spider ran out from under the towel I was standing on. Like I have mentioned about a million times, I have a phobia of spiders. I strongly dislike them. When I squish them, I go a little psychopath-ish and over kill them. Especially with big spiders, like that one was.


     No, that is not a tick. I know it looks like one, but that is a spider, as I have labeled it. Also, please note how much bigger the spider is than the nickel. That may be a little exaggerated to somebody without a phobia of spiders..

     That is also not a tick. It's a spider with fangs. I tried to draw a mouth full of teeth but I wasn't able to do so. Anyways, to somebody with a phobia of a spider, that is what it feels like. Even though it's probably more like this:
     But you know what, I have a spider phobia. It felt like the second picture. It got even worse when I realized I didn't have a shoe in the bathroom. I still don't know why I even looked. Why would I bring a shoe into the bathroom? Maybe it was the spider induced panic that made me look?

     Anyways, since I didn't have a spider weapon in the bathroom, I opened the door to grab a shoe that was close to the bathroom. When I got back, it ran behind the toilet and disappeared. I avoided the bathroom for the rest of the time before I had to leave. I even used a tiny hand held mirror for make-up and checked my clothes for the spider.

     After I left, I forgot all about it. I didn't even remember when I got off of work and went to the bathroom. It was only after I was about to leave the bathroom that I remembered the spider and freaked out a little bit, before checking my feet to make sure it hadn't decided to hitch a ride.

     A few hours later, it made another appearance. On the ceiling above Momma's head. Since it wasn't above my head, I was pretty calm (I love you Momma!). But it still had to be squished and she was closer and  braver.

     I told Momma that the spider was nearly the line on the ceiling. She looked everywhere except the line, until she was directly under it. I told her to look up and then she actually freaked out and jumped away. Then she bravely picked up an empty tissue box and squashed the spider.

P.S. If your eyes aren't bleeding and you think I could continue to attempt to illustrate some posts, please tell me! This is sort of a trial run for me so your opinions are needed!

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your illustrations. It makes it more personal.

    I actually have a tarantula for a pet. He's not very cuddly, but we love him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm smiling so much right now, you don't even know.

      Oh gosh. Do you actually hold him or do you leave him in the tank?

      Delete
  2. I'm not afraid of spiders, but anything scurrying out from under my towel would make me jump.

    I love all illustrated blog posts! I wonder, though, if you could make the pictures bigger. It's hard to see the details because they're quite small.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am stuck using my mom's phone because my internet is down so I do not know for sure, but they should become larger if you click on them. I will check it out as soon as I can.

      Delete