Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Blah Blah Blah

     I'm sorry to say that I probably won't have my own entertaining post this week. I have to work every day and on Wednesday, I have to work from 8:00 am until around 10:00 pm. Guys, I'm going to be so tired. I'm going to need soda or en energy drink or a frappuccino or an adrenaline shot or something.

     Since I have to start getting ready for work soon, I thought I'd leave you with a little update about how work is going and what I've been up to and blah blah blah, I'm sure you totally care about all of this. You're probably just skimming through for a picture.

     The Youngest actually loves me now. Seriously. She runs to me to be picked up or fed and she'll only come to me to go up and down the porch steps. She practically demands my hand by just holding her's out and looking at me like, "Bitch, we are going up/down those stairs. Let's go." But it's super cute. Unfortunately, I have to sing her to sleep every night because she won't go to sleep without music and all of her battery powered lullaby toys died. I've song Edelweiss more than I care to think. (It's an actual German lullaby, made famous by The Sound of Music.)

     The Middle Child is starting to try to rebel against what I ask him to do. For instance, he'll "forget" what he was doing, argue, or just not listen. Last night, after arguing with him for half an hour, I decided I needed to let Boss Man know what's going on. Hopefully that will be taken care of but I wouldn't be surprised if he currently holds a grudge against me. I mean, overall, he's well behaved, but when I need him to do something because my hands are full with his baby sister (literally, it takes two hands to hold her securely), then he does need to listen. I still feel like a snitch though and that's not a good feeling.

     The Oldest has probably been the only one keeping me sane though. He likes to play jokes (like when he took my phone from The Youngest last night and I had to wrestle it from him and his brother- all in fun, mind you) but listens and has also been by my side when trying to keep the other two happy and well-behaved. Granted, he'll do whatever he can to not do his homework, but what kid wouldn't?

     Wednesday will be the first day I'm completely alone with The Youngest, while the boys are at school, so I need you guys to wish me luck. I'm not sure having her at the park really counts because she was so easily distracted by everything. At home, everything reminds her of her family. Also, I'm really scared she's going to bite me. She does that sometimes when she's hungry and you're not feeding her fast enough. Her teeth are painful and they scare me.

     Night before last, I started reading The Hunger Games. Over all, I was actually pretty impressed by the book. I read until five in the morning yesterday before I realized the time and then realized I probably had to work. As soon as I got home (and chased down The Kitten, who got loose and scratched the hell out of my toes), I finished off the book.

     This book is not for young audiences or people who get overly emotional when reading. Being one of the latter (well, technically I'm both, but I mean children shouldn't read it), I had a few moments where my eyes got all watery and I was basically like, "NOOOOO. WHYYYYY? D=" even though I didn't stop reading.

     This weekend, I plan on reading Catching Fire and Mockingjay. I'll probably give a short review of each book, just because I don't think I'll have anything else to write about. I was told that as soon as the second one ends, you just have to read the third because of something that she wouldn't tell me. So yeah, I have to wait to read it because I do not have the ability to put down a good book.

     Also, I haven't seen the movie yet, so don't any of you leave spoilers about the sequels or the movie. I want to be able to see all that for myself. (And I'm sure you all have some sort of spoiler considering, besides my mom, I'm the last person to read/see The Hunger Games. I won't let her watch/read it though. Soooo not her type of book/movie.)

     Since this was basically me babbling about stuff that really isn't too entertaining, you should check out Guest Post Saturday because you could make this blog more interesting once a week while I'm trying to find caffeine or a nap. You should also check out Brother's guest post in Edition One.


P.S. Those are shapes the computer provided. I didn't really have anything to draw so I figured adding random shapes would work.

6 comments:

  1. Random shapes to go with the random blog It works.

    Hang in there with the kids. It gets easier. Some think the young stage is easier, but I found the opposite to be true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha My thoughts exactly!

      Thanks though. It's nice to know that it'll get easier eventually. (=

      Delete
  2. I TOLD YOU THEY WERE AMAZING. =] The second book is my favorite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU DID. I never doubted you. haha You're the second to say that the second book is the best but I guess I'll find that out later.

      Now get on MSN!!!

      Delete
    2. Sorry, I had to take a shower. I'm on now, but not for long. I have to be up for work in like five hours. lol

      Delete