Wednesday, April 11, 2012

lolwut

     This was an intended post for a couple of days ago, but I got really busy and then my internet went out. (The Stud Dog thought it would be a good idea to chew the modem cord. I disagreed. He still doesn't want to believe me)

     I've mentioned the website Tumblr before, but I didn't really think that I would have anything to say about it. Last time, I didn't mention that the account is actually shared between Sissi and I. A while ago, I was writing a story (similar to this, but only focused on certain types of events), and one (now ex) friend told me that I should make the Tumblr account to keep any readers (haha, only my friends, who I had to actually tell) updated about when I would post it and such.

     I eventually stopped posting the story online and took it all down, because the site was having a lot of trouble with plagiarism. I wasn't so much worried about the story as I was worried about the poems I had also posted, but I didn't think that I should take any chances. But I kept the Tumblr account because I had nothing else to do and they have some really, really beautiful pictures on there, along with some sweet people. I'm 99% sure Sissi forgot about it though.

     Now, I am by no means "Tumblr famous". I have roughly fifty followers on there and while I love them to death, they never send me messages. Ever. That's okay. I understand. No big deal. I just think it's awesome when somebody reblogs something that I posted.

     However, a few days ago, I logged in to see that I actually had an anonymous message waiting for me. I prepared myself for the worst, since usually the writers behind such mail are rather cruel. (Click the above link, if you don't believe me.) Then I saw this:
[It Reads:
Anonymous asked: I love you and your posts, but i think you need a new layout.
I replied with: Well, thank you for the compliments, but the layout isn't going to be changing anytime soon. If it does, it will be because that is what my "sister" and I agree on.]

     For some reason, this is really fucking hilarious to me. Every time I think about it or look at it, I can't help but crack up laughing. I don't know why it's so funny. It just is.

     Don't get me wrong, I love the compliment part of their message to me and I do appreciate them, but to me it sounds like, "I love the stuff you reblog from other people but I hate your layout". It seems more like they were trying to be nice about saying my layout sucks (which is doesn't, thank you very much) rather than that they actually like my blog.

     But hey, I still think it's hilarious.

8 comments:

  1. I have no clue what Tumblr is. I've never checked it out but perhaps I will just to stalk you ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tumblr is a whole other type of blogging site. Mainly pictures and gifs. I forgot to mention it, but 3,000 followers is considered a small amount on there. haha

      And hey, I thought we were already stalking each other! lol

      Delete
  2. I've been intrigued by tumblr. I love to share blog posts that I love...but in the end, I decided that it was easier to just post links once a week on my regular blog. (Not that I'm posted any links this month, but still...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I would do that, but there are just too many posts to keep up with on here. That's why I just recommend blogs instead.

      As for Tumblr, I don't spend a lot of time on it and I just sort of scroll through it and post the pictures that really catch my eye.

      Delete
  3. I still haven't used Tumblr. I am just never sure if I want to start another social media page.

    I tagged you on my blog today. If you want to play, the questions are on my latest post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started it long before I started this blog, which is probably the only reason I have it (not to say it's a bad site, it's just a lot of work to keep up with a blog on it's own). I want to say it would be about a year and a half ago and I've only had this blog a couple of months, but my timing could be off. haha

      Also, thank you so much for the tag! I'm going to go post now. I am sooooo excited and happy. haha

      Delete
  4. I think I have a Tumblr, but I never get on on. I am just not a religious poster. I have no motivation whatsoever. lol. I miss you Get on MSN sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh! I would tackle hug you if I could! I've missed you!

      I have to restart my computer because MSN isn't working, but I'll do that right now. If you see this, STAY ONLINE.

      Delete