Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Don't Forget

     Okay, so, I have two announcements that I would like to make. Well, one is an announcement and the other is a sort of reminder, but that doesn't really matter. Well, there's also a third but that's more of an apology so yeah.

     The announcement is that November 19 - 23 is Anti-Bullying Week. I have given myself a challenge to do a different post every day for that week, to maybe help bring awareness and explain just how bad it really is. I also have an idea that one of my friend's [who shall get the credit, if it works out] gave me to actually do something with the schools, but I haven't even begun to look into that yet, since school doesn't start until August. I would like to challenge all of you to do something that week to help bring awareness. Maybe write a blog post about what you've gone through or seen? Maybe just talking to your kids?

     [Disclaimer: Unfortunately, do to some news stories, I have to put this here. I do not encourage or endorse any harmful way to bring awareness. Please, keep your ideas sane and reasonable.]


     I will be putting up a new page at the beginning of that week for a list of all blog links sent to me about your stories for however you choose to help bring awareness. I will also be including them into a post at the end of that week. I really hope you choose to participate and I will be posting reminders about once a month about this.

     The reminder is that I am always looking for people to post on Guest Post Saturday. It doesn't matter if you've never done a guest post before, I would love to see what you have to come up with. You can email them to me whenever at pertinax_puella@hotmail.com and I will put it up on the first available Saturday.

     The apology is that I'm not doing a real post today. For some reason, my laptop is being bitchy and doesn't want to let me access the pictures on my phone that I took as proof when I took Momma to the movies on Saturday. Also, I can barely sit up and keep my eyes open and all I want to do is curl up into the fetal position and sleep. Probably a bad state to be in when trying to write an amusing post. I'm really sorry guys. =/


4 comments:

  1. Your 'unreal' posts are much more posty than my 'unreal' posts lol. Thanks for letting us know about Anti-Bullying Week - I'll think about it and get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Thanks. xD It started off being part of a real post but then I just couldn't bring myself to sit up anymore. haha

      Thank you for at least considering it. It really means a lot. (=

      Delete
  2. LOL Well, kudos to you for trying to bring awareness to bullying. It's something that needs to be addressed. I'll try to make a bullying related post during that week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. (=

      Delete