Saturday, June 16, 2012

Guest Post Saturday: Edition Eight

     I know this is late, sorry! It's been a long and busy day. On the bright side, I haven't been bored! Anyways, the amazing Ashley of My Fight Inside has agreed to do another guest post! If you want to do a guest post please go here to find out everything you need and send a post to pertinax_puella@hotmail.com.

Hello everyone!

It is Ashley again. (Yes, the one who was drunk.) Rachel asked me to make a guest post, and I could not refuse. This one is mainly going to be a rant of the complications of trying to get your license renewed. I lost my wallet about a month ago, so I needed to go replace my license. I set my alarm extra early, so I could get to DPS and hopefully beat the lines. Well, the alarm did not go off, and instead of an early start, I got there around 10 AM.

The line was to the door. So, I waited, and after about thirty minutes, I was at the first part of my long battle to get my license. I explained to the lady that I had lost my wallet, and I did not have license, and I needed to replace it. I gave her my social card, and she told me that I needed second form of identification. A birth certificate or something. By this point I was frustrated because I had waited in line for thirty minutes, and was being told I had to go all the way home (which I live 30 minutes away) and then come back.

I walked out the door, and into my car, and began driving home. Well, I guess I was going too fast in a parking lot, because a police officer flashed his lights at me, and I was pulled over. He asked for my license, and I told him that I had lost it, and I was trying to get a new one. He then said, 'Well, why are you leaving if you need to get a license.' I then explained to him that apparently the government likes to make it hell to get your license and a social card is not good enough identification.

Needless to say, the cop did let me go without a ticket. I drove home and back to the DPS which the line was even longer than before. This time I was in the first line for about 45 minutes. When I gave my proper identification, she gave me a number, and told me they would call me up. I waited an hour and a half before they called me. When I pulled out my checkbook to pay, they told me they did not accept checks. Because I lost my wallet, I did not have my debit card.

So, I had to get out of line, go to a store and use my ATM card to pull money out. When I got back to the DPS I had to wait again in line, and do the whole process over again. I spent my WHOLE day getting a license, and was not at all happy. =/
I know this was probably super boring, but I felt like I needed to rant. 0.o

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh the deliciousness of all the red tape! Still, you didn't have it too bad. The only photo id I have is my passport - and whenever I try and use it in the States they look confused... and as though they don't know what to do with it. After going through it a few times - they usually hand it back and ask, "Don't you have a library card or something?"

    What??? Yes. I've just handed them the best form of photo id and they ask for a library card.... *sigh* lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously. I was so frustrated. It wasted my time, gas, and money. =/ I was not very happy after I finished.

      Delete
    2. This stuff makes me getting my ID sound easy, even though we were sent away once, it took six months to find a place to get a copy of my birth certificate, and it was pure luck I had my insurance card for my last form of identification.

      Delete
  2. LMAO So you spent your day standing in 3 times and talking to a cop? Was the cop at least hot?? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jax! Lol... you've hit upon the perfect question! How did I lose focus and miss the obvious? Maybe I'm dehydrated or something lol

      Delete
    2. lol Better go drink some water, Lady. We don't want you forgetting important questions!

      Delete