Saturday, June 23, 2012

Guest Post Saturday: Edition Nine

     I know, it's Sunday, technically! I'm so so so so sorry! I had somebody lined up to do a guest post since Thursday and she was supposed to write it Friday night but she had some drama happen and never sent it like she was supposed to. Sissi found out about half an hour ago and offered to write a guest post for me. She's just that fucking amazing. If you want to write a guest post, please go here and send me an email to pertinax_puella@hotmail.com.

Hi guys!! You've met me before. Rachel has mentioned me more than a few times; I'm Sissi. I'd like to talk to you for a little bit. I apologize that this will not be posted on Saturday, but that is Rachel's story to tell, so I'll let her do just that.

I'd like to tell you about my best friend, my sister; she's a great person. You know her pretty well, I guess, but not as well as I do (sorry! Maybe you will one day. It's a treat.)I have known Rachel for upwards of six years. I've known her longer than I've known anybody else; she has seen every side of me, every phase I've gone through growing up. I am a few years younger than she is; I'd like to think you would all agree with me if I was to tell you that a year ( or rather, a few years ) is a relatively short amount of time. I'd also like to think you would all agree with me if I was to tell you that a lot of things can happen in several hundred days.

Rachel was introduced to me by my best friend at the time, and while we got along very well (when I first met her, I admired and looked up to her so much.) There was some drama going on, some very funny and yet convoluted drama that will not be gone into here because that is a very, very long story, so Rachel and I talked every single day. We continued to talk every single day for a several weeks, and eventually months. Also eventually, we began talking on the phone every night. You know how it is-- there's nothing to talk about, but somehow you and your friend manage to talk and talk and talk all night long. There's no helping it.

This went on for a very long time; I was in school, and it progressively got harder and harder. Rachel had her own things to deal with at home (after we fought through a very tough part of it side by side.) We lost some friends, gained some others, and then lost the majority of them. We were still there though (as was Brother, if I could add! He's great. Everybody loves Brother) and we would be for a long time. We still are.I'm just sort of gushing feelings right now. Six years is a lot to write about, but I'm afraid I don't have the time (or the space?) to do it.

Occasionally, I would disappear for weeks at a time. There would be several excuses, some of which were benign, some of which were a little worse (none of which I will go into now, either, because that isn't what this is about.) Excuse the language, but I feel pretty shitty? I mean, these guys (there were several of us, but it has dwindled down to virtually the three of us, and Rachel's mother whom I love, love, love) spent over three years talking to me, a young, angst little girl who didn't know what she wanted. They had always been there for me, and while I would sometimes not hear for them for a few days, they came back. I didn't. I accidentally grew apart from everyone, and sometimes I would come back for a little bit, but I would disappear easily again. It wasn't brought up very much, but it happened, and I acknowledge that. I'm sorry, Rachel.

Rachel never gave up on me; if anyone tried contacting me, it was always her, and I could never thank her enough. You guys see little bits of her life every week; I gladly see her every day, and I will gladly say that she is my role model, even now. She's my big sister, and she always will be. There's no way around it, Rachel <3 I love you.

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and heartfelt post! I've been wondering who 'Sissi' is for a while now - I must have missed her proper introduction by joining your blog late... but this answers everything!

    Sissi, great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've talked about Sissi since the first post. haha

      This post actually made me cry when I read it and she only wrote it in like fifteen minutes! As far as I'm concerned, we're really sisters and I love her more than I can tell you.

      I'll be sure to pass the message to her though. (=

      Delete
  2. I feel as if the older we get, the more our groups of friends seem to dwindle down. You learn who your closest friends are and hold them real tight. Your family becomes your other best friends. Your co-workers turn into your "other" friends. Either way, life's a blast!

    Great last minute guest post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what we've been experiencing, I think, and Sissi isn't even out of highschool yet. We've known each other for six years and our groups of friends have almost completely changed, for one reason or another, but we're even better friends than before.

      I'll be sure to pass on the message when I talk to her next. (=

      Delete
  3. "To Miss Bozo: Tell her thanks, and I'm glad for the feedback! I've read a few of her blog posts, and I think it's really interesting c:

    To Miss Jax: Tell her also thanks and she's exactly right. But you never know where a new friend is going to come from either!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sissi! Glad you enjoy my blog - and, as I mentioned there this morning, your latest bit of feedback (via Rachel) is about to get some attention! ;-)

      Delete