Saturday, June 2, 2012

We Interrupt Guest Post Saturday...

     Normally on Saturdays, I post guest posts that you send me. This is called Guest Post Saturday. (If you're interested in doing a guest post, please go here for everything you need and send me an email at pertinax_puella@hotmail.com.) But there has been an interruption in the guests posts because of something that has had me smiling all day.

     Are you ready for the exciting news?

     Are you?

     I GOT MY VERY FIRST AWARD.



     Lady in Red (formerly known as Bozo) from A Bozo's Abbozzo awarded me with the Kreativ Blogger Award. I honestly cannot tell you guys how thankful I am and how happy this made me. In order to really accept the award, I have to post and follow the rules.

1) Thank and link back to the awarding blog.
2) Answer the seven questions about yourself.
3) Provide ten random factoids about yourself.
4) Hand on the award to seven deserving others.


     I already thanked Lady, many times but, just because I'm so excited and happy...

I thought the red colors would be appropriate because of her name.
        On to the questions!

1) What is your favorite song?
     I don't really have a favorite song, not exactly. I have more song obsessions that can last from a week to months at a time, where I cannot listen to that song enough. If I had to pick one song, it would be Don't Take The Girl by Tim McGraw, which I fell in love with when I was two.

     Lately, I've been listening to Good Girl by Carrie Underwood, Nanana and The Sharpest Lives by My Chemical Romance (they're my favorite band, if that means anything haha), Cheater Cheater by Joey and Rory, No Matter What by Papa Roach, and Skyscraper by Demi Lovato (yes, Demi Lovato, the Disney star- I don't hate Disney stars for their careers; leave me now if you must).

2) What is your favorite desert?
     Um... Ice cream? Usually with candy mixed in. I'm not good at picking one. Even when I go buy ice cream, I always end up with two scoops.

3) What do you do when you are upset?
     Upset? Is that angry, sad, both?

     When I'm angry, I either get really, really quiet and start texting people who will let me bitch until I fall asleep (literally) or I curse the person out for fucking up so bad (which rarely ever happens, and happens even less when I actually swear at them).

     When I'm sad, I tend to blast music, especially my latest song obsessions. Then I'll either go to sleep, text people so they'll talk about something to distract me, or text and then sleep. (I'm aware I sound like I'm always on my phone and I usually am. haha)

4) Which is your favorite pet?
     Whichever one is behaving. I'm not even kidding. I honestly love all of my animals equally but I will like whichever one is behaving the best at the moment more than the others.

5) Which do you prefer, white or whole wheat?
     White bread all the way. I don't like the way wheat tastes most of the time, which kinda sucks because I do try to eat (somewhat) healthy.

6) What is your biggest fear?
     I've mentioned my phobias of storms and spiders before. I don't remember if I've said it, but I'm scared of clowns, living dolls (or dolls in general, since you know, they could be alive), blood, the dark, and a few other things. But my biggest fear is losing the people I love. It terrifies me beyond all else.

7) What is your attitude mostly?
     Laid back, smart ass, shy with random outbursts (like song, dance, yelling something to scare people). Sometimes I get really hyper and then I'm not very shy but mostly a smart ass with the random outbursts that aren't so random. And I'm a bitch, but I think everyone knew that?

     Factoids!


1) To date, I've had pet cats, dogs, fish, turtles, tarantulas (technically, they were my dad's), snakes, frog, ducks, geese, gerbils, guinea pigs, hamsters, firebelly salamander, ghost shrimp, snails (water and land), birds, and a bunny. I'm not sure if that's all.

2) I never had my own phone until I was almost sixteen and I'm on my sixth phone and second phone number. (Don't look at me like that, only two had to be replaced, the rest were upgrades.)

3) Since the age of twelve I've dyed my hair blond, blond with light brown highlights, blond with dark brown streaks, blond with dark purple-red streaks, blond with a blue streak, dirty blond/light brown, four shades of red, red brown, red brown with black and red highlights, brown with black highlights, and most recently (as of Thursday) black with bright red and dark purple highlights. That's not even attempting the repeats, hair cuts, or the time I got a perm.

4) My piercings include one in my nose, two in each earlobe, and one in my upper right ear cartilage (there used to be one in the left, but it got infected and required my medic aunt, my dad, two pairs of pliers, and half a bottle of rubbing alcohol to get out- I didn't cry). I've been considering a belly ring, tongue ring, and tattoos but I have yet to decide if I want (or have the courage) to get them.

5) I've been in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Illinois, Indiana, Arkansas and Georgia. That includes traveling and living.

6) I have an obsession with Disney movies, especially the classics. If it's Disney movie related, I will freak the fuck out. The Lion King is my favorite, including the sequels (well, more the second than the third). I'm rebuilding my collection from tapes to DVDs. My money is going there instead of to buy furniture like it should be.

7) When I was little, I collected Puffkins. My mom worked at a zoo and they were sold in the gift shop. We would also check the stores in the mall known to sell them. Every single week. My first one was called Lancaster the Lion. We would decorate the house with them, according to the correct holiday. According to my mom, I had 120 something at last count, and it was an odd number. We lost them in a move.

8) Every day I go out, I wear a black and blue bracelet from TWOLHA, a bracelet almost identical to one that Sissi has (we made them together last summer, but mine broke, so it's only mostly the same now), a pretty heart ring my mom gave me for Christmas, a silver ring my dad got me with my name carved into it, a golden cross neckless that was given to me by a good friend at a church camp a few years ago, and earrings in my piercings (purple in my nose [I want to trade it for silver], silver in my ears- either studs or hoops).

9) I'm sorry that these facts aren't very interesting. I find listening facts about myself hard. I don't know if this counts as a fact but I don't know what else to put, so let's say it does.

10) When I was in 7th grade, I participated in a fashion show at the school. The guy who was supposed to walk with me left me in the middle of the floor/stage by myself when I wasn't halfway through the turn I was supposed to do. I guess that counts as an embarrassing moment (you're welcome, Lady! haha).

     And the award goes to...


1) My Toddler is a Supervillain

2) 1., b., Platypus

3) My Fight Inside

4) Crack You Whip

5) Touch of Embellishment

6) The Train's Whistle

7) Clay Baboons

     I'm not sure if everyone on that list even does the award thing and I know that some of them don't have very many posts. But this is about who deserves it and I love all of those blogs, so I guess all that's left is to pass on the news to them! (Well, and figure out how to put the award on my actual blog, not just in a post. haha)

12 comments:

  1. Wow I am honored!!! My first award!!! Also the first comment!!! You have done really well with this!!! I had to read it three times just to make surekee that I didnt miss anything...keep up the good work. Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Thank you so much and you are more than welcome. (= You really do deserve it.

      Delete
  2. You're welcome (again! lol). It was so much fun to read about you! I never would have guessed all the different colours you've dyed your hair...! Sounds like so much fun :) How about you post a picture of the back of your head so that we can see the latest results? :)

    I like Disney too - and especially the classics. Also, I read a biography about Walt Disney and he was a fascinating character! A real positive force who made things happen even when they seemed impossible.

    Really happy that you're enjoying this award so much - and thank you for the red thank you message! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I'm not sure if I named them all, but I think I did! The back didn't come out as well as the front (the dye was burning my head, so we had to take it off) but I'm supposed to go back for a (free) touch up and I'll take a picture after that!

      I've never read the biography about Walt Disney but I think I will now! Did you read a book or did you read it somewhere online?

      haha Of course!

      Delete
    2. I look forward to the pictures! :)

      I read a regular book version of it - but there may be others online.

      Delete
    3. I'll have to look it up when I'm done going through my list of almost thirty blogs to check out. xD I am so behind on my reading material!

      Delete
  3. Thank you! Glad to see you have been to Louisiana. I am not able to pass on awards because I average receiving 3-5 a month and it would be all of my posts if I did, but thanks again for it and throw a rock at me if you ever pass back through Louisiana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Well, you deserve the awards!

      What part of Louisanna do you live in, if you don't mind me asking?

      Delete
  4. Thank you!!!!!! This means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Of course! <3 I only gave it to deserving blogs and you were certainly one of them!

      Delete