Friday, July 20, 2012

Car Name

     Okay guys, yesterday I asked for help naming my mom's car. You can submit as many names as you want and the name will be randomly selected to make it fair. The winner gets to pick the topic for Thursday's post, since I'm broke and can't currently afford a real prize. (Would it help if I said I would give you full credit?)

     Obviously I should have given you more information about the car because you're all asking me questions. It is a tan 1999 Ford Contour. It runs very smoothly and it quite easy to drive, though it currently has a oil leak that might crack the headgasket. Or that's what Mom said? I don't really know. I don't speak car. The gender is totally up to you, but I have a picture for you!

     I was asked about the car's personality and I would have to say it's very loyal and strong, kind of a smart ass, and most certainly under-appreciated (which might be why it's having mechanical issues). It does more than just transporting us places, such as holding a bunch of shit for my house or that Mom needs at both home and work, helping me learn to drive, and providing a kick-ass radio.

     Just comment with any name or names you have and I will randomly choose one on Monday.

     Now, onto some less happy stuff.

     I have the news on (because of Momma) and they're talking about the shootings at the movie theater in Aurora, Colorado. When I woke up, all I heard was that there was a shooting at the Batman premier and I didn't know where or when it was. Even though I knew where my poor friend who works at WalMart was last night, the first thing I thought was that he was in the theater, because he goes to see all the superhero movies and stuff. It was terrifying beyond words.

     I can't even imagine what they went through and what they're going through. I don't really know what to say about it, but I just wanted to say that my prayers are with everyone there. I hope that there's some sort of fund to make sure everyone gets the help they need, especially all those children who will have even less understanding than the adults, but I'm honestly just happy so many people made it out alive.

13 comments:

  1. I agree with you Rachel about the Colorado shooting. My heart goes out to all of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off I want to say that I was up about 3 this morning and heard the terrible news!!! Prayers and thoughts go out to all the families involved!!

    YAAHHHHH I got the first comment again!!! (thanks for reading mine today as well)

    Name of the car in question is Brown Buick Bomber (that's a huge score in scattergories!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well mom beat me to it!!!! Dang it, maybe I should type faster!!! LOL

      Delete
    2. haha Better write up some more blog posts, to get some more practice typing!

      And thanks you for the name! haha

      Delete
  3. Okay, now knowing more about the car, I would say, "Jan Brady"...underappreciated, has 'issues', loyal and a little plain :)

    Yes, those killings were so sad. I can't fathom being in a theater and just sitting there with nowhere to run to avoid the gunman. Terrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I will add that to the list of names that I will randomly select from on Monday.

      Neither can I. And I can't imagine having my friends or family or kids (not that I have kids) with me that I would be trying to protect.

      Delete
  4. How about Jazz for short of Jasmine :) Funky, pretty, and full of personality ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha I love that name. It makes me think of the princess from Aladdin, who fits your description of the name perfectly. I guess we'll found out tomorrow though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ford actually spent $6 billion developing this new "World Car", which was the 1999 Ford Contour. This car comes in two flavors: the entry-level LX and the performance-heavy SE, if I'm not mistaken. The Colorado shooting was a real tragedy, Rachel. I’m just glad that the person responsible has already been apprehended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know anything like that about the car. I also have no idea which version it would be. haha That's pretty cool though; thanks for sharing.

      And I agree. I'm glad they caught the guy who did it so fast. Who knows what else he could have done otherwise?

      Delete