Thursday, July 19, 2012

I Feel Like A News Reporter

     This isn't really a real post today. Well, it kinda is and you should read it, but it doesn't really have any stories or pictures or anything. I haven't really had anything happen and my collection of pictures/conversations is not yet big enough for a post. So I'm just going to ramble a bit.

     I promised to keep you guys updated on my job search and so far, I haven't had any luck. Hopefully, I'll hear back from a restaurant that's just opening up, because I think I have a pretty decent shot at that. (When I went for an application, the lady was on the phone for like twenty minutes and was impressed by how patient I am [hahahahahahahhaha] and said she would tell her boss to keep an eye out for my application, but I had to apply online.) Unfortunately, it wouldn't send for like two and a half days, so I can only hope there are still openings.

     Next up on today's new, we are having issues with the car. Mr Fix-It is changing out the spark-plugs and giving it a tune-up, in hopes that will fix the way it stalls out every time you step on the brake for too long. (I'm the one who discovered that, while I was driving. It was not fun.) For some reason, that made Momma want to name the car and that oh so important task has been placed in my hands. So, naturally, I'm passing off that responsibility to people much more fitted for the job. Yep. You guys get to pick. Submit whatever name (or names) you like and I'll randomly select the winner on next Monday. (Hey, if you want to make it a contest, I'll even let you pick what topic I'll write about next Thursday. Sorry, I'm too broke to send a real prize.)

     And, I have two last little bits of news. My dear friend Mercedes and I have started a little project. We have a shared blog that started off with the idea of photography and then took on a life of it's own, with tips and how-to's and recipes and a bunch of other shit. We're just getting started, but if you like that kind of stuff, you should check it out.

     And finally, this is a monthly reminder that Anti-Bullying Week is November 19-23. I'm working on a project to help bring awareness to it and as I mentioned here. I'd like you all to do the same, but keep things sane and reasonable. And if you want, you should invite your followers to do the same. Anyone to sends me the links to their post(s) will be featured in a post and on a page I will be adding. You must send me the post or I won't know to add it.


     Since this was a sucky post, I will leave you with a poem my mom just wrote about how there is no teriyaki beef jerky at the gas station for me and how sad that makes me. (Not really, but I do want some.)

Oh, woe is me
I have no teriyaki
It is a sad day for me
After I pee
I will climb a tree
And cry for teriyaki
And pray for its return to me
This is my ode to teriyaki
Sad, sad day for me

14 comments:

  1. SCREAMING rachel baby i love your mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. WOW, um, what the fuck? Fine, I love YOUR mom but I don't love YOU either, Sissi.

      Delete
  3. Good luck on the restaurant job!

    We need more info about the car! What make/model? Size? Color? All VERY important in chosing a name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Thank you!

      It's a tan 1999 Buick Contour. You should be able to Google it, if you need a visual picture or something.

      Delete
  4. Ford Contour not Skylark

    Love you too Sissi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...She pointed out AFTER I said I was going to delete my other comment and fix my mistake.

      Delete
  5. The only name is Bert! I love naming things Bert lol... and I adore that poem! It's poetry at its finest! Definitely good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha The first entry in the Car Naming Contest-Ish Type Thingy!

      I thought it was pretty funny. xD She likes making poems, especially about peeing...

      Delete
  6. I love spontaneous poems. I do that all of the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I'll have to see if I can get her to come up with some more.

      Delete
  7. Hmm...let's see if I can think of a good name. My current car is Susie, my old car was Gracie, and the one I had for only a day until it broke down was Mona. LMAO

    We need to know more about the car to properly name it. What's the color? What's her personality like? How old is she??? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Cute names.

      I made a post with all her info since I didn't give enough info.

      Delete