Monday, July 16, 2012

Random Shit

     Alright dudes, I'm going to start off with explaining why I didn't post on Saturday. For my new readers, I accept guest posts every Saturday and give credit to the writers'. I really enjoy doing this because it really helps promote traffic between blogs and it's a lot of fun to see what ya'll can come up with.

     However, the past four weeks have resulted in a promise for a post and either the original writer bailing, sending the post on Sunday instead of Saturday, or shit coming up. So from now on, I'll post when somebody (that's you, the reader) sends me a post at pertinax_puella@hotmail.com. If I don't have a post in my email, there won't be a post that Saturday.

     Now, I have to ask you guys for some help. As most of you probably know, I'm struggling to find a new job since Boss Man and Boss Lady fucked me over and I do not want to have to go back to work for them (even if I love the kids). Does anyone have advice to help me fill out applications to make more people interested or how to find jobs (besides checking the newspaper online or hitting up places with "Now Hiring" signs hanging on the window)? I'd really appreciate it.

     And, since I know you all came for something besides that, I have a little video for you. A couple days ago, I was driving Momma around the trailer park she manages (yes, I know, she is a brave woman). Then we saw a couple of guys trying to remove a tree with a chainsaw and a van. So I put the car in park and pulled out my camera phone.

     It could either be genius or a disaster. Let's watch, boys and girls!


     [Disclaimer: I just feel the need to add here, that it's probably a better idea to call somebody to remove the tree or using the proper tools, if you have the proper knowledge, instead of looking around and grabbing whatever shit might work. Just sayin'.]

8 comments:

  1. My trailer park is mostly Hispanics from Mexico, a couple of them from Puerto Rico. Anyways I like they way they work, they don't stop and say " hey I don't have, I don't have that..." and leave things undone. This video you just watched says yay they did what they set out to do. They don't get enough credit for what they can do I'm proud of the them for the work they have done all around their home it's the best it's looked in years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's actually serious. She brags about them all the time.

      Delete
  2. I think the best way to find a job is with a legitimate staffing agency. Try calling local large businesses and ask them what staffing agencies they use. You may find something great that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea. I will have to try that. Thank you Jax!

      (Also, your new picture is pretty.)

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Rachel!!

      Yes, let us know how it goes :) I've heard people having the greatest success this way. Another method is to join a temp agency and eventually get picked up as a permanent hire.

      Delete
    3. Those are some really great ideas! I'm going to try that at the beginning of next week, since I have a couple applications in that I'm supposed to hear back from by Friday.

      I'll be sure to post if I have any interviews and especially if I get a job. (=

      Delete
  3. Sometimes just looking at the websites of the stores you would like to work in is helpful, as they might list openings that you won't see online or in papers.

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete