Monday, July 9, 2012

Remember That Post I Was Supposed To Write?

     You know, the one about when I took Momma to the movies to see Rock of Ages for her birthday, even though it was ten days late? Well, nearly a month later, I finally got my phone and laptop to cooperate so I could get the pictures from that day so I could show you everything!

     First of all, for those of you who have not seen this movie, it was a fucking musical. Yes, a musical. Where people spontaneously burst into song and dance. We discovered this in the very first scene where it started off with a girl sitting in a bus, singing along to her tape player, and then BAM THE ENTIRE FUCKING BUS IS SINGING ALONG. Not even kidding.

     Well, since it was 80's music and Mom loves 80's music (and I like a lot of it) we decided to stick it out and see what it had to offer. After all, Tim Burton's Corpse Bride and A Nightmare Before Christmas were decent musicals, as well as West Side Story (well, I only like the music and dancing from that because it makes me laugh) so we were like, "Eh, why not? Paid fifteen dollars, plus snacks, so we should at least try."

     Let me just say this... It is not a PG 13 movie as it claimed to be. There was a little girl with her... Well, we don't know who he was with. He appeared to be an uncle but whatever, that's not the point. She was only like nine or ten. I'm eighteen years old and I was scarred for life by some of the... pervertedness. I can't imagine the nightmares that poor child is going to have after seeing some of that shit.

     I've never seen Russel Brand in anything or really know anything about him, but he was probably the best part of the movie (besides the music, which was pretty bad ass). His character made everything hilarious and I was really impressed since I've heard a bunch of bad stuff about him.

     What a crappy movie review, eh? Well, I'm not a movie reviewer so I don't have to write a good one. Besides, we all know you came to find out if Momma snuck bacon into the theater like she promised she was going to do.

Yes. She did sneak in bacon.

And I snuck in a candy bar.

I also snuck in root beer.
      We actually paid for popcorn, a giant pretzel with nacho cheese, and a hot dog each. We had yet to eat and it was nearly three in the afternoon. Except for the popcorn, we finished everything before the movie was over. I spent a good portion of the movie fishing popcorn out of my shirt/bra because Momma has really good aim.
That is Chinese hot tea because Sissi had no idea what it was and it is amazing.
     After the movie, we went out for Chinese (yes, more food). While we were eating, I kept smelling popcorn and I think it was me, since I had little pieces of popcorn in my hair still.

     Wow. Okay. So this post was a lot shorter than I thought it would be but yeah, I don't really have anything else to say at the moment. Most of that day consisted of "What the fuck is up with that? Is that a musical? Holy shit I think it is." and "Momma! Hide your friggen bacon so we don't get kicked out!"

14 comments:

  1. Russell Brand is amazing! You should check out some of his stand up. He has this whole coming across as an idiot thing but when you listen to what he's actually saying you realise he's incredibly clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know he did stand up! I will have to check it out, for sure. Is it online, on Netflix...?

      Delete
  2. I actually love musicals, but this one doesn't really interest me much. And now that you've given your review, I'm more sure than ever that I don't want to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea it was a musical or even what it was about, but we wanted to see what was up with all the 80's music in the commercials and stuff. Surprise! haha Russell Brand's comments (and the music) made it worth it to celebrate Momma's birthday but I would only spend a few dollars to actually buy it (like 5 dollars). It wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen, by a long shot, but it was far from the best as well. There was so much music, it could probably almost be played as a CD.

      Delete
  3. The picture of the candy bar threw me off a bit! Bacon in a theater? Your mom totally rocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if she was gonna sneak in food, so was I! haha And yes, bacon in the theater. It was too dark to take a picture in the theater itself, else I would have.

      And with everyone always saying how awesome Momma is, she's going to get a big head! haha

      Delete
  4. Thank you Crack You Whip!!

    I do not have a big head! I have alot of hair!! And the next movie we go see I will smuggle a slice of stuffed (topped with bacon of course) pizza from the mall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a big head!
      .......................
      And little arms!

      Delete
  5. Sneaking in food at the movies is an American tradition. They charge too much at the counter. One XL drink of soda 6 dollars...but they remind you that you have 1 free refill...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? And what about that HUGE large tub that would take an entire army to eat that costs like 10 dollars but you get as many free refills as you want?

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you guys had a blast!! I'm still cracking up that someone sneaks bacon into the movies. hahaha I had no idea that happens ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Neither did I. But she never does what anyone expects (unless she forgets something in which case she ALWAYS says "Shit, I forgot").

      Delete
  7. Good Job Dear! i enjoyed seeing it,

    Mwaks!


    If you have a minute, please check out my blog and follow me if you liked it. I'll appreciate it so much! Thanks!


    Blow a Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have a really long list of blogs that I keep promising myself (and everyone I'll check out) but I'll see what I can do.

      Delete