Monday, July 30, 2012

Surprise?

     Let's start off with some news, shall we? I had an interview last week with Mr Fix-It's and Boss Man's boss, to work as a waitress in the restaurant they work in. Apparently, the owner who interviewed me loved how honest I was ("Do you currently have a job?" "Honestly, I have no idea. I'm Boss Man's babysitter but I don't even know what's going on with that.") and wanted to hire me on the spot.

     Unfortunately, the restaurant serves alcohol and where I live, you have to be nineteen to work in a place that serves it, but my birthday is in two months. His personal rules are that you have to be twenty-one to bring it to the table, but that's totally fine because you can trade off with another waitress (you do a favor for them, they do a favor for you). So, on my nineteenth birthday, Mr Fix-It has to tell him to pull my application, I have to have another interview with the owner and at least one of the managers, but I'll have a job as of late September. He even gave me a menu to study so that I can cut training time in half.

     Next up in my news, is that we recently had two fires. The outlets were overloaded by the fridge and window a/c unit being plugged into the same one (by an idiot) and one of them caught on fire and blew the fuse. Mom turned it back on and the outlet caught on fire again. So we didn't have power in about half of our house for a few days and now it seems to be fixed. So, I'm sorry that I haven't really been commenting much on your blogs or my replies were short, but I was using my phone since last Thursday morning.

     Jax asked me a question in my last post that I promised to answer, in detail, here. The question was, "I love how you have such a practical career dream!! It's something that is so specific that it will be easy to work up towards. All you need is a great marketing plan and some investors. Have you taken any steps towards it yet?"

     I have taken some minor steps, such as researching things that I will need and making plans to begin. However, I haven't taken any major steps yet. I can't even open a daycare until I turn nineteen, graduate highschool (which I need a math tutor and a fixed printer to do), have full medical exams to make sure I won't suddenly keel over and die in front of a bunch of kids, take 48 hours of childcare/CPR/first aid classes (it might be 24 hours?), be approved by inspectors, and a few other things. I won't be able to have any ability to get most of this done at the moment.

     I also don't have anyone who is going to invest for me. To put it bluntly, the only college fund I ever even had was $300 dollars saved by Grandma, who then spent it all on new clothes (her closet 10 feet by 10 feet and absolutely full, plus she had clothes in the other closets in her house) because she got a new job. There isn't any money for me to have anyone invest and I doubt they would if they could, since they don't think it's a real job. It's going to take me years to save all the money for me to do this, but you know what? If I can do it on my own, then I can prove I can show them all that I will make something of myself.

     Right now, it's all about earning my diploma with the highest grade possible and saving money so that I can begin to take the other steps. But that's okay because at least I know what I want and where I'm going, which is a lot more than I had a year ago.

     Now... I've been keeping a secret from you all... (Jax, please don't hurt me!)

     Do you remember this post? Where I mentioned a friend who works in WalMart? Well... Here's what's going on with that. He's not just a friend. He's been one of my best friends (no, he's not Brother, that's just gross) for about two years and earlier this month, he asked me to be his girlfriend. I didn't tell Momma right away and she's the only blood-relative who reads this blog so I couldn't put it up on here yet. I told her over the weekend and she's totally cool with it (maybe a little nosy...) so I figured it was time to share with you guys since I promised him that I would start writing about him more.

     Now before you all form an angry mob, let me also add that my own family (except Momma) doesn't even know. So you guys are pretty special even though I'm not going to go into a shitton of details at the moment because I'm sleepy and I want to see what kind of questions you guys are going to have (since I just know you're going to ask something haha).

     My original plan was to write all of that stuff and end it with when Momma and I went to the mall yesterday, but that's a lot of information to throw out there and I'm having a hard time focusing enough to make that just work into an awesome post. So yeah, surprise? haha

P.S. Check out the new blog I share with Mercedes at this link.

16 comments:

  1. Haha why did I get put in your labels? I'm not complaining, just curious and YAY for boyfriends and jobs! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put you in the label because I talked about you! haha

      And yes, yay. xD

      Delete
  2. Wow, there is so much in this post to comment on! First of all, good job on getting the waitress position lined up!

    As far as your goal of owning a daycare, that is a great plan, to take it one step at a time. You'll be able to do it, I know you will.

    And, wow, you sneaky girl! A boyfriend! How fun, I'm happy for you. I hope he is sweet and treats you really well. Anything you want to share about him, I'd love to hear, 'cause I'm super nosy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha That's why I decided to cut off the post, since there were so many subjects!

      Thank you! I was so scared for the interview but the guy was super nice.

      And thank you again! It's going to take me a few years but I'm excited for it. I'll be able to say I did it all on my own and be able to be proud of it.

      hahaha He makes me smile and laugh all the time and is really sweet. I'm sure I'll be talking about him a lot more soon.

      Delete
  3. Hello there Rachel, I happen to stumble upon your page a few weeks back and I must say a lot has happened since I last read your blog, but all I can say is congrats. It's good to see things are coming around for you and I hope everything continues to go good for you. You deserve to have some happiness to make your gloom go away and hopefully the gloom will go away for good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there mysterious stranger. I'm glad you stumbled upon my blog and I hope you like it. A lot has happened in a short amount of time but things really are going a lot better than before. Everyone deserves to have happiness in their life, including you. The less gloom there is and the more happiness there is, the better.

      Delete
  4. Well seeing as I'm talked about and haven't spoken I guess I can say hi and stuff since apparently Rachel calls it blog stalking if I don't leave a comment and show some love for my girl xP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, for anyone reading my comments, you can guess who this is. lol

      And yes, it is blog stalking if you don't leave a comment. I guess that means you better start commenting on every post, or I'll have to call you a stalker boyfriend. xD

      Delete
    2. yeah yeah yeah, I'll try to leave a comment on every post after this one, but no promises. Since we're on the topic of that I think it's kinda ironic you would call me a stalker boyfriend since wolves stalk their prey in the dead of night. lol

      Delete
    3. My gosh. Add that to the fact that you're crazy and it just makes sense. What the fuck. lol

      Delete
  5. You got a BOYFRIEND and you didn't share with the class?? Tisk, tisk!! Girl, that's what private e-mail is for. hahaha

    Glad to hear that you're taking steps toward your dream! Thanks for answering my question :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I'm sorry Jax! I knew I was going to be in trouble with you. haha

      Thank you and no problem. (= I'm happy to answer any questions you have.

      Delete
    2. hahaha Well, it was a light scolding! You aren't in that much trouble. LOL Just don't let it happen again ;) lol

      Delete
    3. lol Yes ma'am. I don't want to get in serious trouble with you. haha

      Delete
  6. Hope everything works out with the job! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete