Sunday, September 30, 2012

Anti-Bulllying Week Reminder

     I know this is still early, but I thought I would write a quick post to remind everyone about Anti-Bullying Week this year. It takes place in November from the 19th to the 23rd so mark your calendars. Somebody has agreed to post the link to this post on Twitter for their followers, to help tell people about this, so I'm going to explain what I'll be doing and what I'm inviting everyone else to do. If you want to post this for your own followers, I can't tell you how much I would appreciate it.

     It's pretty obvious that bullying is bad, but most people don't even realize just how bad it is. Maybe it's because they're not in that situation themselves. Maybe it's because they work so hard to ignore it and forget because it's so horrible. I don't know. What I do know, is that being bullied is hell and that it has to stop... And that that entire paragraph sounds like an advertisement for something. I guess it is.

     I'm inviting all of my followers to write a post about it. Even something simple like "Bullying is bad. Don't do it." can help somebody out. If you aren't a follower of mine (which you totally should be since I have a kickass blog, just saying) then I still want to invite you to speak out.

     Sunday of that week, I'll be writing a final reminder that it's time to start posting.

     Monday of that week, I'll be writing about the statistics and various other facts.

     Tuesday of that week, I'll be writing about different types of bullying.

     Wednesday of that week, I'll be writing about how it can literally affect anyone.

     Thursday of that week, I'll tell part one of my story.

     Friday of that week, I'll tell the second part of my story.

     Saturday of that week, I'm going to make a list of every post that has participated in this.

     Since I can't give everyone a hug and a puppy as a thank you for taking some of your time to help, I'm also going to make a new page where everyone who participates will have the post and their blog linked to. Please, keep in mind that I probably won't know if you posted unless you tell me. You can do that by emailing me at pertinax_puella@hotmail.com or Tweeting me @WhenALionSleeps. Any link left in the comments section will be deleted.

     I'm not asking for a huge big deal and a post every day. I'm just asking that you take ten minutes, one day during that week, to say something about why bullying is bad... or even just saying that it's bad. It's really all about letting people know that it is a problem and it can't be ignored.


**Due to news stories talking about people going overboard, trying to stop bulling, I feel the need to put a disclaimer here. I do NOT encourage, endorse, or support anyone doing anything illegal, harmful, criminal, violent, or dangerous activity. This is about stopping people from being hurt. This is NOT about hurting anyone in any way, shape, or form. Any links involving anyone going over the top and handling things inappropriately will not be posted on my blog, Twitter, or anywhere else by myself. If I find a link that involves anything inappropriate, I will delete it, and if possible, I will report it.**

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder! I'll be posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. haha But thank you so much for posting!

      Delete
  2. That's not a bad idea. Maybe we can post something about this... funny without being disrespectful. We'll see if we can come up with anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You two have a lot of followers that will read what you have to say, so that makes me really excited!

      Delete
  3. Not a bad idea, I have plenty of stories from my past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you have stories about something like this, but I really appreciate the fact that you're even considering writing about it.

      Delete
  4. Thank you, I'll be taking part in this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really excited that you'll be joining in!

      Delete
  5. I'll post something. I was bullied in junior high and can relate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry that you were bullied in junior high. Thank you for agreeing to post something though. It means a lot.

      Delete
  6. I think this is wonderful what you are doing!! People are always going to be a victim of bullying no matter how perfect they are. I'll be making a post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really hoping that even just one person can be helped by this and with so many people joining in, I think we can help even more. (= Thank you for agreeing to post!

      Delete
  7. This is wonderful and amazing, and I <3 your bravery in speaking out.

    ReplyDelete