Thursday, September 6, 2012

He Has Another Post

     On a normal Thursday, this post would be all about me and whatever stupid shit that happens to me or that I've found. But today is a special Thursday. Today is my boyfriend's 26th birthday. That means he gets another post all to himself because he's special and awesome like that.

     Honestly, this post was a pain in the ass to come up with. I had no idea where to start and nothing seemed good enough. It was over done or dumb or just not good at all. So, I asked a couple people if they had ideas that would be really awesome and would be good enough to celebrate that Wolfie is getting old(er). The only answer I got was, "Do something really sweet and romantic!"

     Let's stop and think about that. When was the like time I was sweet? Have I ever done anything romantic? I mean, really people? Do you even know me? He's the really sweet, romantic one. I talk about him enough, ya'll should know this. (If you didn't: Wolfie is the really sweet romantic one.)

     This is my best try at being romantic:

You would be surprised how many pictures there are of heart shaped bacon.
     I know, it's kind of sad. But that's one of the things that's so great. We balance each other out so we aren't those overly-cheesy couples you see on Facebook (Wolfie will really know what I mean since we're discussing it as I type this). What I lack in the ability to be sweet and romantic, he makes up for. But he's also as much of a smartass (and as awesome) as I am (which, honestly, is rare to come by... the smartass part; I'm not going to be that arrogant about being awesome on here).

    So, I think I'll just cut to the chase and be serious, since I don't really have that many jokes or puns that are birthday-friendly and since a certain awesome smartass birthday boy is texting me right now and distracting me from focusing on this post because he wants to talk on the phone.

    You thanked me for always being there for you on Facebook, but I never thanked you for the same thing. You're one of the few people who can actually make me smile and laugh and feel happy when that's the exact opposite of what I was feeling. You've always been there for me, probably more than I have been for you (remember when Pawpaw was in the hospital and I needed somebody to talk to and you didn't really know me but listened anyways? or all the times something has irritated me so you let me rant and curse until I feel better? or when I get bad news and just want to cry?). You always put me first and try to take care of me before yourself. So, thank you for always being there. I'm really lucky to have you.

     I love you. Happy birthday.

P.S. I will also make you bacon whenever I make you pancakes.

P.S. #2 I called him before posting this to tell him happy birthday. So we get off the phone and he  automatically sends me a text, "Thank you sweetie. I can always count on you to make me smile." I really wasn't kidding about him being the sweet, romantic one.

14 comments:

  1. You really know how to make a guy feel loved, even though you said you don't know how to be sweet this right here is pretty sweet to me and I'll always remember this day. Thanks again for being the best girlfriend I could ever ask for and I love you too.

    P.S. We have a deal as long as there will be syrup on the bacon too ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And there you go again, making me smile at how sweet you're being. You're really proving my point. =P But I'm glad you like it. x3

      P.S. Holy crap I thought I was the only one who did that?

      Delete
  2. I'd take heart shaped bacon over mushy Facebook crap any day. BTW, when I see couples continually post stuff on Facebook like "Oh we're so perfect together, I couldn't live without X, he's my other half," all I can think of is, "My relationship is mediocre, but I do this so other people won't think I'm unhappy!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha Right!? Mushy Facebook posts are like "....Why are you trying so hard? Are you trying to show that they're taken because you're unreasonably jealous? Are you trying to prove to your family that the person you're in a relationship is, in fact, real?"

      Delete
  3. I would love the bacon hearts or bacon anything really. I agree on the mushy stuff. Red and I can get pretty mushy with each other, but it doesn't need to be splattered all over the internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Everyone loves bacon! I don't care how mushy anyone is when they're together, as long as I don't have to watch it. I don't even like chick flicks so why would I want to see stuff twice as mushy on my news feed?

      Delete
  4. Oh, you are too sweet! Just in your own way. I loved this, because it was so real. And yes, he seems like a really special guy.

    Happy Birthday to Wolfie! Enjoy your bacon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. x3 Thank you. I'm glad you liked it. And yes, he is pretty special. haha

      I'll be sure to tell him. (=

      Delete
  5. Thank you Kianwi and i actually prefer Wolfy or wolf, Rachel has been calling me wolfie and it looks weird lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet. Happy birthday to your boyfriend! I cannot deal with mushy lovey stuff on Facebook. My guy and I don't even acknowledge each other on Facebook. Facebook is for friends we never see anymore. If one of us wants to say something sweet to the other...we just say it. Crazy, I know. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. x3 I told him so he might come comment later? I'm not really sure. haha

      Exactly! The message I mentioned from him on Facebook is the only time we've ever publicly acknowledged each other, besides liking a something or a smartass comment, which don't count as being mushy because it's not. lol For me, Facebook is a way to upload pictures so I don't have to send them to thirty people who want to see.

      Delete
  7. I dunno you sometimes send me things first on my phone before putting them on facebook and sometimes videos too lol, oh yeah I'm here by the way and thanks for the happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But that doesn't really count though because it's usually pictures or videos of me being dumb.

      Also, I got an email saying you commented but then I had to go accept the comment on my blog because it said you were spam. lol

      Delete