Monday, September 10, 2012

Threes A Charm

     Okay, before I get to the main part of the post, I'm just adding a couple things real quick. Today is Suicide Awareness Day (world wide) and this week is Suicide Awareness Week. To help show your support, you can wear orange or click the link to find out what else you can do.

     Also, I'm still randomly editing the blog layout a little bit at a time. Last night, I moved the list of blogs I follow and read from the side panel to it's own page. I have a really long list of blogs to check out, so whenever I get around to them, they'll be added at the bottom. If you check out the page and don't like the description or what a different credit, you can comment, use my Twitter (@whenalionsleeps), or even send me an email (pertinax_puella@hotmail.com).

     Now, onto the fun stuff. Kianwi from Simply She Goes has given me my THIRD award (the second award she's given me, actually).

     The Laine Blogger Award is apparently a beauty blogger award? I'm not a beauty blogger (I probably say "fuck" too much to be one if I tried haha) but I'm going to accept it anyway because it makes me happy and smiley and OMG I GOT A THIRD AWARD!!! THANK YOU KIANWI!!!

     As with every award (that I know of) there are some rules to accept it. So far, they're the most simple and easiest to follow that I've seen. Mostly because it's not asking me to list random facts about myself, like my first award and my second award.

1) Answer the questions (the ones I answer).
2) Pass the award on to five other bloggers.


     Pretty simple, right? Well, it would be, except that I don't know five people to give the award to (since most people I follow don't do the award thing or Kianwi already gave it to them!). So, here's what I'm going to do (by totally breaking the rules, but so did she by giving it to more than five people!):

     If you follow my blog, wished Brother, Wolfy, or Momma a happy birthday, and have a blog, you just got yourself an award. Don't remember? Click their names to go to their respective birthday posts and find out if you got the award. Commented twice? You get the award double. Commented three times? You get the award triple.

     Congrats to all of the winners, which I am too lazy to make a list of (you can tell me in the comment section if you won or not), but now it's time for the questions.

1) What is your current beauty obsession?

     I would have to say the Dove products. I recently bought the (intensive care) shampoo, conditioner, and deep conditioner and I love it so much. It's really helping my poor, tortured hair out. Yesterday, I got some of their (deep moisturizing) soap and (creamy oil) lotion, and I've only used those once each but I absolutely love them. I have a difficult time finding the right products because my skin is so dry (psoriasis) and my hair is so damaged (everything has been done to it) but I love it so much.

2) What is one beauty product you wish you owned?

     I basically have what I want for beauty products, though there is something else that I love. It's a type of eyeshadow called Warpaint Beauty that I bought at Hot Topic because it was pretty and on sale. Sadly, they're mostly selling it online now, so it's going to be a pain in the ass to buy more.

Hey, I have a birthday coming up at in like two weeks.
Anybody want to buy me a present?
I like this tan, light browns, soft blues, and light grays.
Bonus picture of all the shit I put on my face when I go places.
Well, the lipgloss is only when my hair is up.
That eyeshadow on top is good, but I want to replace it with the Warpaint Beauty eyeshadows.
Also, one of those eyeliners is dark blue and the other is black (it depends on the day which one I wear).

3) What is your favorite topic to read about?

     Um... In general or...? For beauty stuff, I like to learn new tricks on how to do things (especially curling hair since I can't do that at all) but I don't read that much beauty stuff. In general, I want something that can make me laugh.

4) What inspired you to become a blogger?

     Well, I always liked writing and I've always been told that I should write a book about all the crazy stuff that happens but honestly, I don't remember most of it the next day. I've had journals and stuff that I've written stuff in but I always lose it or I'm scared somebody is going to read it. So far I haven't found a way to misplace my blog and by putting it out in the open, I'm forcing myself not to care what somebody thinks, even though I'm not giving away most of my secrets either. Also, Allie Brosh from Hyperbole and a Half is fucking hilarious and made me want to make people laugh as hard as I did when I read her posts (probably not possible, but whatever, at least I'm trying).

5) What nail polish are you wearing now?

My fingers don't have any polish, but these are my toes.
I apologize for my ugly, red toes on a beauty award post but I had been walking all day and wanted to take the picture so I could just sit down.
Also, I do my own nails. No time or money for manicures or pedicures. (And I don't like people touching my feet. It makes me twitchy.)

The silver is called "Pure Ice" and the color is "Silver Mercedes".
The black is called "Art Decal" and is just... black?
The clear is from Sally Hanson and is just clear?
   
     Well, you know what to do to find out if you're a winner too. And Kiawni, thank you soooo much for this award. I really can't believe I've gotten my third award and two from the same person. I really means a lot.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on another much deserved award! As a guy, I don't really understand any of those beauty products, so I'm assuming we won't be seeing pictures of you any time soon with actual warpaint on, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      haha Well, I don't post pictures of my face on here, anyways, but I probably won't be wearing actual warpaint. At least, I really hope not.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the award. And I checked out your blogging friends page. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I worked hard on the new page and I was hoping it would come out well. (=

      Delete
  3. Good job on the questions! It's a well-deserved award.

    I haven't actually ever tried the Dove shampoos, so I'll have to check them out. They're nice and inexpensive :)

    I love your nails! How fun. I like to do different colors and patterns, so I'll have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you again for the award. x3

      I love them so much. By far, my favorite brand of products that I've ever tried.

      Thanks! They were supposed to be like tiger stripes, and thin, but the polish was running off the brush too fast. lol

      Delete