Sunday, November 18, 2012

Anti Bullying Week 2012: The Beginning/Final Reminder

     You've probably guessed it by the title, but Anti Bullying Week is finally here! This is the final reminder that I'll be posting about it this year, so you better go write up a post! Let me set some things straight and give ya'll some details first, and hopefully you guys will join in.

     When I wrote a post inviting you guys to do it a couple of months ago, I was corrected about the date. Everything I found was November 19-23 was Anti Bullying Week, but I received an email from a lady telling me that October is Anti Bullying Month and October 10 is Unity Day. So next year, my post will actually be on Unity Day, but it was too late to change the dates since I had already posted and it would mean all of the posts would be last minute. That mean this year, it's a little late, but it's the meaning that really counts, right?

     As I mentioned before, if you email the link to your post to me, I will put it on a new page on my blog and a post on Saturday night as my way to thank you. You will have full credit with your name, your blog, the specific post list, and anything else you wish to have. You can email me at pertinax_puella@hotmail.com. If you don't email me, I may not know about your post, so please please please, remember to email me the link so I can thank you. I would love for you to invite your followers to join in and I post their links and stuff too, if they email me so that I'll know.

     I'm not going to go into details about what I'll be posting about this week, but the exact topic changes from day to day. Thursday and Friday will have a two part post that share the topic, but otherwise, it'll be different so you won't just be reading the same thing in different words every day.

     This is taking place during NaBloPoMo and that means I'll kind of be taking a break from it, but not really. It's "cheating" to post a prewritten or already scheduled post, but in all fairness, I haven't been able to write all of the posts. If I have started them, I wasn't able to finish them, so I'll be doing that and continuing the editing process all week. I would rather fail the challenge anyways, than not speak about this.

     I guess that's all I really have to say at the moment but I really hope you guys will just write one little post. I honestly just want somebody to speak out about it and maybe help one person. That's what I want to accomplish with this. So you should help me.



**Due to news stories talking about people going overboard, trying to stop bulling, I feel the need to put a disclaimer here. I do NOT encourage, endorse, or support anyone doing anything illegal, harmful, criminal, violent, or dangerous activity. This is about stopping people from being hurt. This is NOT about hurting anyone in any way, shape, or form. Any links involving anyone going over the top and handling things inappropriately will not be posted on my blog, Twitter, or anywhere else by myself. If I find a link that involves anything inappropriate, I will delete it, and if possible, I will report it. Also, I am not an expert on this matter. I have included the links to the sources I got my information from and give full credit to whoever did the actual research, that I am using here.**

6 comments:

  1. You know, I'd love to do a bullying post, but no matter how much I think about it, there's no way to make it funny without coming across as making fun of bullying or bullying victims, which isn't all that funny. We do support your cause though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate the thought. Thank you for your support and even considering it. Honestly, I had a feeling that you guys wouldn't be able to make a funny post about it since it's just not a funny topic, but if anyone would have been able to do it, it would have been you two. Thank you though.

      Delete
  2. I also support your cause! I think you're doing a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad for the reminder, because of course, I forgot :) It's the perfect week to do it, though, since I am need of post ideas! I had been thinking about what I would do for this week, so I'm already further ahead than most of my other posts this month! I'll probably post it on Wednesday or Thursday. Is that okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Yay! I'm glad that the timing worked out so well! Its helping me too, since even though I know what I want to write, I haven't written all of it yet. (Its one of those things where I write, edit, sigh, cry, and delete everything because I want it to be perfect. haha)

      Those days are totally fine with me! Any day this week works out. (= My last post won't go up until late Saturday night when all of the links are sent to me. (If anyone else is still going to do it.)

      Delete