Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Apparently, I'm Accepting Advertisements Now (For Money)

     If you've checked out my other pages or you've been a reader for a long time, you'll know that I like having guest posts on my blog. I haven't had any in months though (and I guess I can't really accept them during the NaBloPoMo challenge, but that literally ends on this Saturday so let me know if you're interested).

     Last night, I was checking my email and I was surprised when I had two emails from somebody with the title "Do you need a guest post author for your blog?" I clicked on the first one and this is pretty much what I was greeted with:


     As you can see, I have to work tomorrow and Emily's birthday is coming up. I use my phone calender to keep up with things so since my phone is hooked up to it, I get emails too. As you can also see, I got five emails within the first fifty-eight minutes. The last one came after I had sent my reply:


     Honestly, I do like having guest posts because I love seeing what people can come up with. But what they were asking for was nothing more than a free advertisement. Um, no. As of now, I charge $30 a follower but that's subject to change. So if you want an advertisement, feel free to email me about it, but you better be ready to pay me.

     By the way, I haven't heard back from Yasir. That's a little disappointing. I could really use the $750.

8 comments:

  1. Ha, ha, funny :) Man, that's a great idea, charging per follower. And I could use the cash, too! Feel free to give Yasir my email address ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Thank you! I wasn't really sure of the going rate so I improvised. If he emails me again, I'll pass your message along. lol

      Delete
  2. YES!!! That would be over $3000 for me. Now to just find someone who would pay it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I'm sure you'll find somebody who would be willing to pay it. That's a lot of money but for somebody who's rich, that's like pocket change, so that's who you should ask.

      Delete
  3. That stuff is so lame, even if it would be nice to make some money blogging ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, we get these all the time. I love that they always say "Dear web admin." Yeah, because that wasn't copy and pasted a million times.

    The creative ones are the ones that actually acknowledge something about your site. Which makes it even weirder for us.

    "Hi, we sell cement mixers! We noticed that you draw MSPaint comics about beer, and we think you're a perfect fit for our company!"

    Uh... what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha I've never gotten them before. I usually get people emailing me like, "Hi, I'm a little old lady who has a ten million dollars in the bank and if you give me one million dollars, I'll split my fortune with you!" I just block those. But I figure, if I keep telling the people looking for advertisements that I'm charging money, eventually somebody will write me a check.

      Delete