Thursday, November 1, 2012

NaBloPoMo: First Day

     Considering the fact I just started a new job that is very physically draining, I have to study the handbook and menu until I can name everything and that is very mentally draining, two of my coworkers are complete jerks and that is very emotionally draining, and I'm recovering from a concussion that is fucking with my memory and still causing bad headaches... I figured, what better time to take on a challenge that involves writing a post every single day for the month of November?

     Basically, NaBloPoMo means "National Blog Posting Month". It's a sort of spin off of NaNoWriMo which is "National Novel Writing Month". I want to know how anyone can write a 50,000+ word novel in the time span of thirty days. Firstly, holy shit, somebody actually did that? Secondly, tell me your secrets!

     To be honest, later this month when I do the week of posts for Anti Bullying (you can read about my idea here and feel free to join in- if nothing else, it'll take one of your posts up for this month!) Some of that has already been prewritten but I haven't written out all of it yet. That's kind of cheating to make sure I have a post every day, but I'll be editing until I post so that has to count for something!

     If you're interested in joining in, sign up here at BlogHer and then link up with Yeah Write here. (I totally didn't understand that "Yeah Write" sounds like "Yeah Right" until I told my mom that I was confused by how to link up with them about fifteen minutes ago.)

     I doubt this, but if anyone is like me and never linked up to Year Write before, then here's what you do (since I had to ask Miss Kianwi for help). Scroll down until after the list of members that have linked up. Click the button that says "Add your link" and fill out everything on there. Before you can submit it, you'll need to put the NaBloPoMo 2012 button either on your sidebar (which is preferred) or on your blog post and have already published it. I didn't know that and it gave me issues.

     Well, I guess that about sums up this post. I'll post at some point tomorrow and probably tell you about work or something. I don't know yet. In the mean time, check out this Halloween post about me and Mom hanging out in allegedly haunted places and this Halloween post Mom and I going to allegedly haunted places and being stupid and almost getting in trouble with a cop.

8 comments:

  1. Good job! This is going to be a fun month! Or a crazy one. Either way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy! I'm usually posting 4 days a week so definitely a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only post twice a week! This is certainly going to be a challenge at some points but I'm looking forward to it.

      Delete
  3. I'm new at Yeah Write too!! I'm hoping that NaBloPoMo is crazy inspiring fun, not crazy tear my hair out weeping at 11:59 pm because I've missed the deadline. We'll see.
    Looking forward to your anti-bullying post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I totally agree! I almost forgot my post for today but that was pretty easy to come up with. Hopefully, it'll still be just as easy at the end of the month. Good luck with your posts this month!

      Delete
  4. I've entered with Yeah Write several times in the past, but this is my first time doing the NaBloPoMo.

    BlogHer will not harass you. We either pull it off or we don't, but it should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a lot of fun so far. I'm going to miss the challenge when it's done.

      Delete