Friday, November 30, 2012

NaBloPoMo Is Over

     I'm done with the challenge. I had to write a post every single day for the entire month of November and I have done that! It's a little shocking, actually. I took on the challenge while starting a new job and recovering from a concussion, so I thought I would fail by the second week. I almost failed on the second day, when I forgot to post until an hour before midnight.

     There were a lot of days, where I really struggled with what to say. I went from posting twice a week, to posting seven days a week for an entire month. It wasn't as easy as I thought it might be but it was still fun. It was a real challenge, which is probably one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much.

     Anti Bullying Week fell right in the middle of November, but I was putting off writing those posts because of how emotional they were, so I didn't really cheat on the challenge. Even if I would have had to, I would have posted prewritten posts during that week, since it's a really important topic. Luckily, I put important things off so I was able to just write them up on the write day (with the research I had previously done).

     Now that NaBloPoMo is over, I'm actually kind of sad. As difficult as it was at some points, this was really a lot of fun. I'm going to miss it and I totally plan on taking part in it again next November. In April, there is an A-Z Challenge that I just found out about, that I also plan on taking part in. The goal of that is to write a post every day, except Sundays, according to the alphabet. (A for __; B for __)

     Until then, unless I find out about another blogging challenge, I'll go back to posting every Monday and Thursday, with possible guest posts on Saturdays. It'll be a lot easier to post so much less but I'm really going to miss the challenge, so if anyone wants to challenge me to do something, feel free to do so.


     As for my rowmates (or romies), from Yeah Write during this, I'm really sorry if I haven't kept up with the comments on your blogs. I really haven't had time to go to so many blogs and leave comments. But! I'm going to be checking out every blog that has commented on mine and there is about a 99% chance that I'll end up following you. I just need some time to get around to everyone on my list.

     I guess I'll see ya'll on Monday.

6 comments:

  1. Good job! We did it :) It really is hard to believe we did it every day! But we sure did ;) I'm glad I did it, but I'm fairly sure I won't be doing that A to Z challenge...once was enough for me :) But I will happily cheer you on!

    And I just tried posting a better picture of my purple highlights :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how fast it went by! It was really a lot of fun. I can't believe a month has already passed. But yay, I'll have a cheerleader to help be complete the next challenge. lol

      Your purple hair is so great. I'm jealous of it.

      Delete
  2. Yeah. I'm already geared up and ready for the next challenge. However, I am down to the last few weeks of class and should probably concentrate on school.

    Ready for A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably should! I don't know how you managed to juggle everything.

      I'm excited for the next challenge but I need a little break first, so maybe I can think of some ideas to use. haha

      Delete
  3. That is so awesome! I could never do any sort of a challenge. Sometimes it takes me hours to write posts, so I would be crazy.

    Congrats on seeing it through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really didn't think I would be able to do it but it was a lot of fun. Your posts are a lot longer and always include pictures, so I'm surprised it doesn't take you days!

      Delete