Sunday, November 4, 2012

Shouldn't I Be Upset?

     Do ya'll remember when I talked about how angry I was because my dad was trying to force me into college and probably forgot my birthday and then when I wrote about my birthday (almost a month late) and talked about how he didn't forget but he couldn't even call me? If you don't, it's okay. You can click the links but that basically sums it all up.

     Last night, around midnight, his girlfriend texted me and literally said, "Your dad and I are having a fight. How old are you?" I texted back, "19". After about five minutes, she texted me again and said, "I just won the fight! He didn't believe me, even after I proved it to him with the calculator. He said he's gonna kill you because you're making him old. lol" Even though I pretty much guessed what happened, I asked, "What were you fighting about?" It took her a little longer to reply but she replied with, "He thought you were 18 and he says he did not authorize your last birthday. lol"

     I met this woman one time. She and my dad were already living together so I stayed with them for about two weeks... in the summer of 2011. I've spoken to her maybe four or five times since then and our exact conversations are always her saying "We love you and miss you! When are you coming back?" and me saying "I love ya'll too and I don't know yet." That's it. And yet she knows my age when my own father doesn't?

     It's reached a whole new level of pathetic-ness when I'm not even surprised by this shit anymore. I should be completely heart broken and depressed that my dad had no idea how old his only kid is but I was literally just like, "Well, fuck you too then... Wow I hope I'm a hostess tomorrow. I don't want to be a runner and have to follow the jerk."

     Earlier when I signed on to Facebook, I discovered that my aunt got married to the boyfriend that nobody even told me she had... Again, which I discovered on Facebook. In summer of 2011, she was engaged to a completely different dude who has since married some other woman... Again, which I had to find out about on Facebook.

     How much do ya'll wanna bet that when I talk to them, they're all going tell me they love me sooooo much and miss me soooo much and ask why I don't talk to them and why I don't visit them and all that other shit next time I talk to them? I can basically guarantee that will happen. Fucking liars.

P.S. I was a runner today but I had a very good day because the jerk wasn't there. Apparently, I'm very good at my job and even enjoy it when he's not patronizing me and harassing me. I even had a bunch of "guests" (we aren't allowed to say "customers") laughing and I never do that because he makes me so angry.

P.S. #2 Wow, one guy pisses me off more than my dad forgetting my age. WTF.

14 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your dad is so absent, not only physicallly, but emotionally. I think you've had to build defense mechanisms to avoid continually being hurt, which is why this didn't upset you as much as it could have. And that's a good thing, because he sure isn't going to change.

    Glad being a runner went well this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice if he could change, so I could actually have a dad, but I gave up on that a long time ago. The part I've never understood, is that I still love my dad and no matter what he's done, I can't stop. I guess that kind of makes me a bigger person than he is.

      Thanks! I had a really good day, even though I did mess up a few times (spilled oil on my hand, got mixed up the number of unsweet and sweet teas, got one too many breads for a table). The servers were all really cool about it and didn't seem to mind, so that was pretty awesome since my main trainer is always a complete jerk about it.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to hear this, not just because he can't remember your age, but because they were making such a joke out of it. Like it's supposed to be funny that she can remember it but she can't.

    On a lighter note, last year my grandma sent me a card that said Happy 21st Birthday because she couldn't remember how old I was. I'm almost 30. It's just because she's almost 90, though. I thought it was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a pretty bitchy move on their end. My dad was probably just trying to save face and look less douche-y than he really is, but that's not possible when somebody knows him.

      That's kind of adorable. At least she did remember your birthday and get you a card! Not only that, but she has legit reasons why she can't remember your age. But it's still really sweet that she at least remembered something.

      Delete
  3. Really sorry about your Dad :( Glad you are good at your job, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sucks but it's okay. It's not your fault and I'm just kind of used to it. Thank you though! I'm really happy that I'm learning the job faster than anyone thought. haha

      Delete
  4. I can totally relate. It sounds a lot like my own dad. Still, I'm sorry, but at least you realized at a much younger age than me that he won't change. I've learned to accept him the way he is, but that doesn't make it hurt any less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not always an easy thing to deal with and that's okay. It took me a long time to learn that it's okay that I still love my dad and that I don't have to hate him, even though I hate how he is. Sometimes it's better to learn at a later age and just accept it, even if you have to deal with being hurt, instead of dealing with an uncontrollable hatred that you don't know how to let go of.

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry about your dad too.

    On a lighter note it was fun watching you kick that door open at work. I still don't want to be the bitch on the other side of that door or the door itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're always sorry about my dad though.

      ...You wish Dad was the bitch on the other side of the door, or the door itself, don't you?

      Delete
  6. This makes me grateful that my children's father makes an effort even when there are times it would be easier if he didn't. I'm the birthdate douche. For all I could say negative about him he remembers the exact time both of our children were born.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He must really love your kids. It might be easier for him not to put in an effort, but the easy thing is not always the best thing.

      Delete