Monday, December 10, 2012

Half The People In Town Have Seen My Boobs

     You probably clicked the link on that, hoping that I came up with something totally crazy to get people to read my blog. Well, you would be wrong. Something happened the other day that almost killed me from how embarrassing it was. Since you guys tend to ask about embarrassing stories and I haven't figured out how to cope with this yet, I figured I'd tell ya'll what happened.

     When I went shopping for my work uniform, we found a couple of shirts that I would be allowed to wear but upon actually wearing them, I discovered my arm movement was too restricted. I'm claustrophobic so that made me crazy enough but it was also impossible to put a jacket on without making the sleeves bunch up at my elbows and rub them raw. So, I decided I needed to get a new shirt.

      The only other shirt I found was kind of low cut, but it looked enough like what the other people wear that I didn't really care. After all, I could just wear a t-shirt under it if it were a problem. Since it gets really hot in there and it's not polite to sweat all over peoples' food, I put the shirt on and bent over. I asked Mom, "Can you see anything or is this work safe?" She told me that she didn't see anything.

     I wore that shirt every day I worked (while washing it in the morning, since I hate ironing) and never thought it was a problem. I never gave it a second thought because it's pretty modest when I put it on. A lot of my jobs include bending down to pick up hot trays, or leaning over to either set a table or clean it or pass out food. That sort of thing but Mom had checked the shirt so of course nothing would cause a wardrobe malfunction.

     I noticed that a lot of women had started glaring at me, but I just assumed they were some of the prissy bitches who have never worked a day in their life. We get a lot of people like that and you can tell just by their attitude, so I didn't think too much of it.

    After a week of this, one of the servers pulled me aside after everything had slowed down. He's one of the people that actually comes up to me just to hang out and talk when there's nothing going on, so I thought that he was going to tell me something that happened at one of his tables, like he normally does.

     Nope.

     "When you leaned over earlier, I saw down your shirt."

     Have you ever had a moment when you hear something where your mind literally goes blank and then you're filled with this overwhelming embarrassment and horror? Well, that was me. Before I could even respond, the expo (the guy who puts the food on the trays for the servers/runners) called me over and told me that I needed to do something, which I sort of did in a daze because I was in shock. When I had finished, the server waved me over into the togo area where he was rolling silverware.

     "Are you mad at me?"

     I was confused by that. Honestly, I can't blame him if he saw down my shirt. I was the one who bent over. Accidents happen and I know that. "Um, no? Why?"

     "Because your face got really red."

     Well, no shit Sherlock. You would blush too if you were in my position. "That's because I'm embarrassed! If I flashed you, how many tables have I flashed? I lean over in front of guests all the time!"

     "You've flashed me like three or four times today. I wasn't sure if I should tell you because I didn't want to embarrass you or make you think that I was trying to look or anything and I didn't want to just yell it. Don't be embarrassed though. I'm in my late 20's. Its not like I've never seen it before."

     I kind of just ran away and tried to occupy myself with anything else, but we kept walking passed each other while we were doing sidework so that made it beyond awkward. Not only that, but I had to continue to lean over so I had to hold my shirt to my chest so I wouldn't flash anyone else. I did manage to thank him for telling me, since I would have never known otherwise.

     After that, I left with Mr Fix-It and he asked me what was wrong, so I explained everything to him. He told me, "Oh, I didn't want to say anything. I didn't want to make you think I was looking and you tell your mom and your mom and I would have a problem. You're a nice girl. You're a good girl. I don't want to cause problems."

     Moral of the story: Mother fucker, if you can see my boobs or any part of me that shouldn't be seen, fucking tell me.

P.S. The server really was nice about it and today at work, he acted like nothing happened. I still can't look him in the eye though.

P.S. #2 Ashley and I are having a debate. If you had to be called with a "bitch" or a "hoe", which would you prefer? Don't vote here. I'm putting a poll up on the side of my blog that will stay up until January 10th. I won't say which of us said what so it won't be biased, but go vote in the poll!

12 comments:

  1. You know, being polite kind of goes out the window when a person is asking a legitimate question. If someone asked me "Hey, can you see anything?" (like with your situation) I would answer seriously and honestly. Because you're not asking for attention, you're asking to prevent embarrassing yourself. Jeez.

    Honesty goes a long way. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom still says that she never saw anything when I asked her to check. I don't know think she would intentionally let that happen but it was an accident by all accounts. The only non-accident, was when other people saw at the restaurant and didn't say a word about it, which is pretty rude.

      Delete
  2. Nothing makes me angrier than when someone tells me something like, "Oh, your fly is down" or "oh, you have a bit of chocolate on your face," or something stupid like that, and I think, it's probably been like this all day, and I've talked to at least 10 people since then... why has no one said anything up until this point? If I see something like that on someone else, I tell them immediately. It's only common courtesy, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Its better to just tell them so they don't get embarrassed by even more people if they find out later. I don't understand why people won't just be like, "Hey, um, you might wanna check yourself out." That isn't rude; that's incredibly helpful. Unless they're like, "hhahahahhahahaha Nice bra/underwear." or something. That's a little rude.

      Delete
  3. The sad thing is, though, a lot of girls actually WANT to flash people, so your coworkers might have not said anything, because they weren't sure of your intentinons. I was just thinking about this, today, because, as I have largish tatas, have to be really careful of my tops and when I bend over. I recently, accidentally, flashed a coworker, and he got a huge grin on his face and said nothing. I keep wondering if he thought I did it on purpose. I have definitely never been a person that likes to show a lot of cleavage.

    So don't be embarrassed...you showed far less than a lot of girls show! And now you know, thanks to your nice coworker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably right. None of them know me well enough to know that I wouldn't just go around with my boobs hanging out. They've never even seen me in casual clothes to see that I only wear things that keep me covered.

      I prefer to keep my body parts covered up and I'm really uncomfortable being in a bathingsuit. I've made my dad go get me a t-shirt from inside before. haha Accidents happen but hopefully, he'll put it out of his mind and you'll be able to do the same.

      My main reassurance is that I was wearing a bra, so it's not like he would have seen everything anyways. Though I tend to wear the same one to work so he probably thinks I only have one. lol

      Delete
  4. I wouldn't worry about him. It is out of his mind. As a guy, I can assure you, we see down women's shirts all the time. Whether it is intentional or not, it happpens on a daily basis. And while most guys appreciate a peek when they get one, the image does not just float in our heads. It's there, it's gone, it's over.

    The fact that he said something to you shows genuine concern for your well-being. This will only continue to be wierd as long as you keep it that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually pretty reassuring. I've never had anything like this happen so it's pretty weird for me but I'm going to just move on and get passed it. After all, things could have been a lot worse, it's over now, and he told me so that it'll never happen again. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. I agree with Brett. They see that so much that it is nothing to them. I think the server told you as soon as he got the courage to. Make the most of it and invest in a new shirt;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I think you're right. I already invested in a new shirt. It's a t-shirt with a high collar to go under the other shirt.

      Delete
  6. I'm squirming with embarrassment on your behalf. So, so sorry that happened to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That really sucked but its over now!

      Delete