Monday, February 4, 2013

Happy Times!

     A couple months ago, I had a contest and told Brett Minor and Kianwi that they could each pick two topics for me to write about, since Bryan from A Beer For The Shower won. Brett already had one of his topics posted and Kianwi had one of her topics posted. That was a lot of links, sorry. Today, I'm tackling Brett's second topic:

"I have your second post decided. What was your happiest time? Whether it be a particular day or an entire summer, what was it and what made it so great?"

     I have wanted to post about this for a while. I really do love this topic. But, I have been thinking about it for a couple weeks and I cannot figure out what my happiest time is. I have a lot of amazing memories that made me happy, and still make me happy, and I just cannot pick one. So, these are some of my happiest times, in no particular order.

1) In January of 2011, something crappy with Sissi and she called me crying. I was on Skype with Brother, so I asked him to look up plane ticket prices from my state to her's so that I could go see her and do something to make her stop crying. The plane ticket was well over $500 and there was no way I would be able to get that money until sometime in 2012. Brother then popped in with, "I'll pay for it." Just the offer made both Sissi and I cry because it was so sweet. We told him no and there was a long drawn out process, but eventually he said his dad had a lot of frequent flier miles that he was going to give to me and basically just told me to shut up and take them. There was more crying, but it wasn't sad tears. Just the fact that, for the first time in my life, I had somebody willing to do something that big is what really gets to me.

2) In March of 2011, I got to go to Sissi's house for her spring break. I got to see her, my niece, her mom, her sister, my niece's mom, their two dogs, and one of their cats. At one point her sister's friend came to stay with them. The only male in that house was one of the dogs, which I think it pretty funny. We talked about everything, we went shopping during major sales, we watched some of our favorite movies, we ate a bunch of food, I drank all their juice, we played with our niece, we made bracelets, we Skyped with Brother almost every night, we did the tango in the middle of a store and had a sword fight with PCP pipes in another. Basically, that entire week was amazing. We still talk about it all the time. It's probably one of the happiest weeks that I've ever had.

3) In June of 2011, Sis was driving from her state to go through my state. She was with her father, her sister, and her autistic brother who is absolutely adorable. They weren't going through my town but they were only going to be about two hours away, so we decided that we should meet halfway and have dinner. Thanks to bad directions and me not being listened to, we ended up being super late so we didn't get to have that much time together. But, we still had a lot of fun. In a very short amount of time, we managed to take a bunch of pictures and even a couple videos. Since it was pretty spur of the moment, we didn't tell anyone until we were together and we stole each other's phones to text Brother and Sissi. I still find that hilarious and it was just a really good day, especially since I didn't think it would actually get to work out.

4) Last year, Wolfy told me that he loved me. I, being a dumbass, thought that he was actually joking about it. Things worked out and then in July, he asked me to be his girlfriend. Both of which are happy things, for pretty obvious reasons. In April, as I previously mentioned, I'm going to go see him for nine days. I thought about just waiting for this post until after I got back because I know that I'm going to include that visit into this list. However, I decided that I'll probably have too much to say and will turn into about ten different posts of things that happen. But you'll have to wait for the details about anything; I'm just putting it here now because we all know that I'm going to have an amazing time.

     I have a lot more happy memories, but when somebody asks me about it, these are the ones that really stand out the most as my happiest times. Ashley also wants me to go see her sometime after I go see Wolfy, so I'm sure that will make it onto the list as well. Eventually, when we're all super rich, Brother and Sissi and Sis and I all want to take a vacation together, which will probably end up on that list too.

     I'm noticing a little bit of a theme. Any time I get to see somebody that I love makes me incredibly happy and makes it one of my best memories. This list is going to get a lot longer, and there are a million other happy things I could say, but I think this post is sappy enough and I need to get to work on finishing up the research for Kianwi's post so I can post about it before I actually open the daycare I'm supposed to be writing about.

     What's your happiest memory? (And I expect an answer, damnit. This is not one of those end of blog questions that you can avoid. You have to answer.)

8 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet post, Rachel. I can read the love in between every line! My happiest memory is probably the first time I held my first little niece. She was so tiny, and she was the first baby I ever held that was "mine".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like it!

      That is such a happy memory! Thank you for telling me. You should be sure to tell her one day too.

      Delete
  2. Awesome answers. It also looks like 2011 was a great year for you.

    I have two happiest times. About a year after I went off to college and had gotten to know all my neighbors, we had formed this surrogate type of family and it was awesome. For about two years, I was the happiest I could ever remember being.

    Next would have to be this past year getting to know Red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2011 had a lot of happy times and a lot of good times. Especially after 2009 and 2010 (the year my uncle died and the year my depression hit an all time dangerous level). 2011 was a major turning point for me and I feel very blessed and very lucky to have had it.

      Those are two really sweet happy times, especially the one with Red. You should be sure to tell her that.

      Delete
  3. Seriously... I tried to cheat and vote for The Little Mermaid again, but it only lets you vote once. =[

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Sorry.

      YOU DIDN'T TELL ME YOUR HAPPIEST MEMORY ASHLEY.

      Delete
  4. Admittedly, I got warm fuzzies from reading this. I'm a people person too, and most of my fond memories involve seeing people I care about, too. I feel sorry for the people who say "My best memory was getting my new iPhone!" To me that doesn't sound like true happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got warm fuzzies? Yay!

      As for the people who's best memories involve getting things, I honestly don't think that's right. I don't think they know what its like to be truly happy. It makes me sad for them.

      Delete