Monday, March 25, 2013

A To Z Challenge

     This year, I'm going to do the A to Z Challenge for the first time. The rules are pretty simple. You have to write a post every day starting April first until the end of April, in order of the alphabet. (April first is A, April second is B, and so on.) You don't post for the challenge on Sundays, but I assume you can post outside of the challenge on Sundays. I also just found out the other day that you're supposed to visit the first five blogs that come after you on the list.

     I'm just saying this as a reminder. April 6th through April 15th, I will be out of the state to visit my boyfriend. I honestly have no idea if I'll be able to reply to all of my comments or if I'll be able to visit every single blog the day that its posted. However, I will eventually read all of the posts and comment on all of them, even if I have to catch up when I'm home.

     Also, I just wanted to say that the page of the Blogs I Read has been updated with a list at the bottom of blogs I just started reading because of the challenge. The other blogs have descriptions and names (if a name is given) but I haven't gotten to read enough posts to be able to do that with all of the new blogs. I will though, probably some time after April is over.

     In the past week, I lost a reader but then I gained three more, which really made me happy. I don't know if I'll be gaining any more readers any time soon, but I thought I might introduce myself to the new people.

     Hi. I'm Rachel. I'm nineteen. My boyfriend makes me happy. I like things that are sparkly, shiny, fluffy, cute, and/or soft. I gave up cursing for Lent (as a way to stop a bad habit) even though I'm not even Catholic. I have twenty nail polishes, plus five decoration nail polishes, and one clear nail polish but I can't even wear any of them on my fingernails because I work in a restaurant. I also work for my mom in her office now because I'm broke. Sometimes I say wise things but usually I'm just sarcastic. Oh, and I have a so called "monthly" poll with my friend Ashley but I never remember to change the poll on time. This one is about a month late already. Oops.

     On Thursday, it will be my last regular posting day before the challenge starts on Friday. I think I might end up skipping that day and just waiting for April first. I'm not sure yet. That depends on if I'm able to write the post I want to... and if I can put it in a letter instead so that I can knock that post out of the way.

     Now, I'm off to make a list of what the letters should be and add some more blogs to that list thats on my new page.


P.S. Voting in the poll makes you awesome and will (probably) prevent you from getting a concussion by my mom's giant dog.

24 comments:

  1. I have no idea why, since I've said over and over that I'm not doing it, but I signed up yesterday! I guess I just can't stand to see everyone else do it and me not. So here we go!

    I'm so excited for your trip to see Wolfie, you are going to have so much fun. I can't wait to hear about it!

    You said the challenge starts on Friday, but it doesn't start until next Monday. Maybe you know that and accidentally wrote Friday, but just wanted to make sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU SIGNED UP? Yay. That makes me happy.

      haha I can't wait. Its all I can think about.

      Oops! I was looking at the calender and I must have been looking at March instead of April!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with A-Z! I'm way too busy this year with writing deadlines to take part, but cheering on the others from the sidelines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I feel like I have a cheerleader now. haha Hopefully you can join in next year!

      Delete
  3. I'm signed up to do it for the first time too. I'm still not quite sure what I've gotten myself into.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure either but it seems like its going to be even harder than the NaBloPoMo from last November. Good luck.

      Delete
  4. For me, it's finding time to visit all the other blogs on the list that the real challenge, can be very time consuming.

    Hope you have fun with it.

    mood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does seem like it is going to be pretty difficult. I only have 12 blogs, at last count, who are participating in the challenge. Plus the other blogs who post regularly anyways. Even just that many is going to take a lot of time.

      Delete
  5. I'm signed up for my second year, and I'm taking part in a writing challenge next month as well. I'm still not sure how I'll handle it all. :)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll do great. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

      Good luck to you too!

      Delete
  6. Nice to meet you! Good luck on the challenge and enjoy your trip. If you don't get to all the blogs by the end of April, Tina and I do the Post-Challenge Road Trip, which is all about getting through the remainder of the list. So don't be too hard on yourself.

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you too! Thank you so much.

      I think I'm going to have to do something like that. There's no way I can keep up with all of the blogs.

      Delete
  7. Hey, good luck! We'd never survive A-Z. Oh, and seeing Wolfie is definitely more important than blog reading, so have a lot of fun and stay off the computer if you can. It's good for you! We're looking forward to hearing about everything when you're back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm exciting about the challenge, but I'm way more excited to see Wolfy. Just a few more days and I'll be there! I'm sure I'll have tons of stories for when I'm back.

      Delete
  8. Actually, I believe you are supposed to visit five blogs A DAY during the challenge. You start with the five that are listed after you. If you visit five a day then you will meet at least 150 new bloggers over the course of the month, which is only 10% of the total participants.

    I am ready to go. This will be my first year and I am very excited...and scared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh. Five a day? That's even more than I realized. I have no idea how anyone can do this challenge. Its barely day one and I'm freaking out.

      Good luck. I think you are waaaaaaaaaaay more prepared than I am.

      Delete
    2. I'm psyched. The first post just went up. OOH-RAH!!!

      Delete
    3. Thats awesome! I'm going to read it later today, when its not almost one in the morning.

      Delete
  9. This is my second year in the challenge and I really loved it last year. I almost decided not to go on with it this year, but I'm going to do the best I can.

    Good luck with it and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the challenge! I'm glad you decided to join in this year! Did you have fun last year?

      Delete
  10. Hi, Rachel. Good luck on your A-Z posts. I bet they will be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teresa! I really hope my posts turn out well. Good luck to you too. (I'm sure you're participating since I've never seen you comment before. haha)

      Delete