Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I is for Ice Cream, Igloos, and Ice

     I had no idea this many letters would be difficult to make a topic for. Next year, I'm going to start writing posts for the Challenge when I actually sign up for it instead of waiting two months until April first and realizing that I have no idea what I'm in for. I know I'm behind on commenting again and I had time to change that but I was just too lazy. I'm enjoying my time off and I'd much rather be with Wolfy than spend all my time on the computer. But I will catch up again soon.

     A lot of people keep asking me what my favorite food is. That's probably something that I should know the answer to but I honestly have no idea. I suppose it depends on what classifies as what can be a favorite food. If its an actual meal or if dessert counts or what. I really have no idea what it could be, but ice cream would be at the top of the list.

     My grandma used to take my mom and I out for ice cream when I was little. I don't really remember much about it except that I would only ever get ice cream and then I would end up practically dying of thirst so I would have to go all the way back up to the counter for some water. Then the water would be so cold that it would give me a brain freeze. Every. Freaking. Time.

     That is why I will only drink room temperature water when I have ice cream now. I don't want to freeze my brain. I end up being cold enough just being at home.

     My mom keeps the A/C on all year round. It has snowed during winter and been ten degrees outside, but she keeps the A/C on constantly. "For airflow" she says. "Its just the fan, its not blowing out cold air" she says. "Its not that cold in here, get a jacket and stop shivering" she says. "This place is an igloo and I can't feel my freaking feet, turn off the A/C" I say.

     My theory is that she is part Eskimo, part Yeti, and part ice cube. She has to be since she eats ice throughout the year as well. Her iron isn't low, but that is a symptom of it. She just likes to eat ice even though its bad for her teeth and may cause her to freeze from the inside out. In the dead of winter when everyone is starting to get hypothermia just from stepping outside.

     Can somebody please explain this to me? And while you're at it, next time winter comes around, somebody come break our A/C until spring comes back.

P.S. Love you, Momma! Don't kill me! I'll give you bacon.

20 comments:

  1. I'm always running around in sweaters and long underwear, so I can't fathom this either. :) And I drink 'warm' water with my ice cream too. Hate brain freeze!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Its nice to know I'm not the only one! Everyone thinks I'm weird for it.

      Delete
  2. I can't really feel the cold like other people do, so when everyone else is in a sweater and a parka, I'm in shorts and a t-shirt. With that said, I won't actually put on the A/C. That sounds cruel to everyone else in the house. The air flows just fine on its own, really! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I'd survive going to your house. As much as I hate the cold weather, I also can't deal with the hot weather too much. My dad hates the cold and my mom hates the hot and I'm stuck somewhere in the middle. haha

      Delete
  3. I remember getting brain freeze while getting ice cream with my grandma when I was about 2. I didn't eat any for at least a year after that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must have been one terrible brain freeze.

      Delete
  4. This post made me smile on a day I could use one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad that I could make you smile. I hope that everything is okay. =)

      Delete
  5. I'm weird: I like drinking hot coffee with my ice cream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! Next year for the challenge, I'm totally writing ahead of time. Damn this procrastination!

    Hugs!

    Valerie Nunez and the Flying Platypi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I waited until the last minute and now I'm struggling for topics AND posting with lie 30 minutes to spare. Oops!

      Good luck!

      Delete
  7. Your post was adorable! I loved it! I can totally relate about freezing when the a/c is on, but I've never been victim to winter a/c. How some people can handle the cold so well beats me!

    Have fun with a-z. I really enjoyed your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't understand how she can keep the A/C on like that and I'm usually under layers of blankets and jackets just so I don't freeze. Its so weird!

      Good luck to you too!

      Delete
  8. I love ice cream too! I've started getting the lactose free stuff in the supermarket so I don't need to take pills with it. But I don't drink many cold drinks any more. I keep my sugar-free koolaid out on the counter instead of putting it in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's lactose free ice cream? I never heard of that. I usually like cold water and lemonade and cold or hot tea, but I'm not usually picky otherwise.

      Delete
  9. My dad kept the house the way he liked it and just stated to anyone who complained, "You are more than welcome to move out."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad does that too but he keeps his house really hot.

      Delete
  10. What your mom needs is a ceiling fan! That gives great air circulation!

    I like ice cream, too :) My favorite ice cream ever, ever is Ben and Jerry's Phish Food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We want one! We looked into getting one but the living room would have to be completely rewired for it. =/

      I've never heard of that! I need to try it.

      Delete