Friday, April 12, 2013

K is for Katz

     I'm not cheating! That is the correct spelling! I know the word is usually "cats" but Katz is the creepy motherfucker from Courage The Cowardly Dog... which most of you probably haven't even heard of.

     Basically, the show is a stupid cartoon from the 90's that used to come on Cartoon Network. It was kind of like a horror show for kids. Courage was a cowardly dog who lived in the middle of Nowhere with old people (Eustace and Muriel), where anything that could possibly go wrong, went wrong. Ghosts, curses, psychotic barbers, giant spiders, killer vegetables, people-eating bananas, etc.

     There were a few reoccurring bad guys. Katz was one of them. Le Quack and Cajun Fox were two others. There was also a captain with blond hair and a white suit but I'm too lazy to look up the name. I don't really remember any other names, besides Fred, the psychotic barber and that's because Wolfy and I watched that episode the other day.

     Katz was in a bunch the episodes though. I can't put a picture directly on here because this isn't my laptop, but I can link you to it so click anywhere in this sentence to see Katz. Doesn't he just look like he wants to feed you to his collection of giant spiders? Because he does. He also hates your dog and your dog is not welcome wherever he is.

     There weren't actually many things that scared me about the show. One episode where a puddle opened up and underneath it was a lake with some evil chick attacked them and they had to get out before the puddle dried up freaked me out a little bit. One episode with a little fox gypsy putting a curse on them scared me. But one episode with a stone tablet, a grim reaper-looking guy, and different plagues happened. That one scared the heck out of me and I never wanted to see it again because even when I was six, I knew the religious significance behind it.

     But Katz... That motherfucker was always so calm and so evil, but he never died and he always came back to attack again. What he did never really scared me that much, except for the whole spider thing, but he was always the creepiest bad guy. He's probably the reason that everyone from my generation loved the show.

     Brother pointed something out to me when I was trying to think for something for the letter K. He pointed out, that most evil bad guys wear white suits. That happens a lot in Courage The Cowardly Dog and in movies and stuff I'm too lazy to look up. I guess you can't trust a guy in a white suit.

P.S. The only other topic we could think of was Brother's suggestion of "kerosene". That basically went like this:
Me: Do not smoke while near kerosene?
Me: Do not swim in kerosene?
Brother: Do not weld near kerosene?
Me: Do not drink kerosene?
Brother: Do not cook with kerosene?
Me: Do not bathe in kerosene?

P.S. #2 But seriously, don't do any of that stuff. Kerosene is bad and I don't want to be responsible for you blowing yourself up, catching fire to anything or anyone, or poisoning yourself.

12 comments:

  1. K was a hard one. I've been making the letters fit my posts rather than writing posts to fit the letters, so I've been using thesaurus.com like a mad woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. K was pretty tough. That's a genius idea though. I wish I would have thought of that!

      Delete
  2. Horror show for kids...really, that doesn't any sense. What parent is going to let kids watch a horror show with fowl language?

    A-Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There wasn't really any bad language in that show. My dad let me watch rated R movies when I was eight and I watched The Twilight Zone with my mom when I was six. I even watched crime shows with them and the only time I had to close my eyes was when a dead hooker was found. Considering all of that, Courage was not that bad at all.

      Delete
  3. In my day the bad guys use to wear black. Lucy from Lucy's Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes more sense to me but I guess that's why they switched it up.

      Delete
  4. My daughter is 17 and is still scared of Katz.

    She grew up on Courage the Cowardly Dog. They recently added it to Netflix streaming and she has just started watching it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get Netflix so I can start watching it again. I was only able to see it because Wolfy has Netflix.

      Tell her not to be ashamed though. I'm 19 and he freaks me out too.

      Delete
  5. I don't know why, but I've never heard of Courage the Cowardly Dog, but yet I have heard of Katz! Makes no sense. I guess Katz's evilness made him more famous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You HAVE to watch it! He's SO evil and SO creepy. PLEASE WATCH IT!!!!!!!!

      Delete