I'm writing this post from my phone, in the airport. Wolfy couldn't wait with me and if I don't keep my mind busy, I'm going to start crying for the upteenth million time today. (To the people at iHop and at the airport, I'm sorry. I know I looked insane and pitiful and kind of gross.)
Momma is the one who suggested this topic and I've been watching the other travelers. I've noticed a few things about them. You'll have to bare with me on the lack of format for this post. Too bad I didn't bring my laptop because this is not easy.
1) People who dress like they're going on the most important dates of their lives. Unless you are going straight to a wedding, there is no need for a tux or the fanciest dress you own. Unless you work as a hooker or stripper, there is no need for four inch heels.
2) People who dress in the smallest clothing they own. I understand we are currently in a dessert but YOU hve to understand that planes get cold and you woll be cold and you will regret wearing the shorts that could pass for underwear.
3) People who travel alone. All you do is read or play on your phones. I'm one of the latter. It is completely okay as long as you are still mindful of those around you.
4) People who travel in groups. Its awesome that you're with your best friends but please do not entertain the entire gate of people wifh atories of different gross things. We're stressed and tired enough without learning your life stories.
5) People who are emotional. We all have a reason so stop with the "wow you are a wackadoo" looks. If somebody is happy, they're probably on vacation or get to see somebody they love. If somebody is mad, they probably had a long layover. If somebody runs to the bathroom crying, they probably had to say goodbye to someone they love. Just be nice.
There's a lot more I can say on the topic but not on my phone. I'm gonna wait to post this until I actually get home tonight so it might be past the deadline for the letter M. But it my way of saying "I made it safely" so whatever.
I also just want to wish everyone on Boston the best. I'm not sure of the full story but my prayers are with you all.