Wednesday, April 17, 2013

O is for Order Of The Phoenix

     Ashley suggested A LOT of Harry Potter topics that start with O and this is the one that I chose. Go comment on her blog to convince her to do the A-Z Challenge next year with a Harry Potter theme.

     Not sure who doesn't know any of this (except my mom), but there are Harry Potter spoilers ahead. Proceed with caution.

     For those of you who don't know (Momma) the Harry Potter series is in this order:
1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (or Philosophizer's Stone, for those of you not in America)
2) Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
3) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
4) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
5) Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
6) Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (parts one and two for the movies)

     The third one was my favorite book for a long time, simply because Hermione punched Malfoy. That and the reason that Harry finally had somebody who he could call family. But mostly because Hermione punched Malfoy. My cousin and I thought that was the best thing ever when we saw it in the theater.

     Then the fifth movie came along. I personally think that is by far, the most confusing book and movie out of them all. They all have twists and surprises, but I think that was just a generally confusing book. I went to see it in the theater at midnight with a friend and her dad. They were huge Harry Potter fans and read everything, saw everything, etc. Even her dad said that if you didn't read the book first, you wouldn't understand the fifth movie.

     It bothered me when Cedric died in the fourth book. Then I read the fifth book and I decided I absolutely hated it and did not want to read it again. Why? Because Sirius died and that meant Harry was without any sort of parental figure again.

     Its still my least favorite of all of the books, but its probably one of one of the best books when it comes to twists. I plan on rereading all of the books soon, since I now own all of them, so my opinion might change on that. But probably not. I still like Hermione punching Malfoy and the seventh book is still the best... which is ironic because sooooo many people die, but I don't like the fifth because Sirius was killed.

     I think I need somebody to explain that logic to me because I don't understand it.

10 comments:

  1. Sirius had to die. He died protecting Harry. Voldemort tricked him into thinking that Sirius was at the bank, but he wasn't really. The only reason why he ended up going to the bank was because he heard that Harry had went there to face Voldemort. OMG. Harry Potter is soooo freaking brilliant. Best story ever. JK Rowling is God when it comes to writing books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what happened but I still don't like that Sirius died. I know why it happened and what happened but I don't like it when anyone dies, even a fictional character. Except, you know, Voldemort. He deserved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. So do I. Unless its Voldemort. He deserved it.

      Delete
  4. It was sad to see Sirius die, but that didn't make it my least favorite book. I feel like the exact opposite. My least favorite was the last book, because it was such a clean, happy, rainbows and puppies kind of ending - everyone got married and had a billion babies together and lived happily ever after forever, the end. Come on, that's kinda cheesy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is pretty cheesy and I think the ending could have been better. I'm not really sure why its my favorite but the ending doesn't really have to do with it because that was soooo cheesy. I just find it ironic #5 is my least favorite because Sirius dies, but #7 is my favorite despite the fact a crap load of people die.

      Delete
  5. I was so mad when Sirius died! I hate when authors do things like that, and there is nothing you can do, because the book is already written!

    I haven't thought about Harry Potter in a long time, but man I loved that series, both the books and the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right?! Like they kill off a character you've grown attatched too and you don't even get a say in it! So unfair.

    You should have a Harry Potter marathon!!!

    ReplyDelete