Friday, April 26, 2013

W is for What A Day

     This is more of an update post, continued from my rant yesterday. I just don't have the energy or patience  or brain power to write out an awesome story post right now. I will promise a decent non-ranty post for Z though. For X and Y, I have no idea. Please bear with me.

     I live thirty minutes away from work and without Mr Fix-It to bring me home, my only real option was going to be to quit the job I have now and find something closer to home. The thing is, I like where I work. I'm good at the job and I know what I'm doing. My bosses know me and like me and are, usually, pretty awesome people who are willing to help me out when I need it.

     I got an interview for a restaurant on Monday, which is good. But tonight, I was going to be stuck taking a taxi from the restaurant back home. I would end up paying more to be brought home than I would actually make. When I was off, I texted Mom to call the taxi for me and went into the office to wait.

     The lady manager asked where Mr Fix-It was. I said that he left already and tried to leave it at that, because I don't want my personal problems getting involved in work. She went into a panic of how I was getting home. When I told her it was a taxi, she made me call my mom and then she started off with, "Hey girl". Then she proceeded to yell at my mom. It went something like this:

     "She does not make enough! She will NOT be taking a taxi home! I will give her some gas money so she can have somebody bring her home. Rachel will NOT take a taxi home. I'll get her a ride. CANCEL THE TAXI, NOW." and then she hung up.

     Then she put out an SOS throughout the entire restaurant staff to find me a ride. One cook said, "I know where that is. I'll take her home." and came back two minutes later to say, "I don't have my car today. I'm sorry." One of the servers promised to take me home as soon as his last table left, the same server who gave the same offer when Mr Fix-It couldn't get off work and I was stuck waiting for three hours. Old Boss Man offered a ride when he got off and offered to call his wife, Old Boss Lady, to give me a ride. The bus boy was the one who was the one who brought me home.

     At the restaurant, the lady manager kicked everyone else out of the office and asked me what was going on. It's got nothing to do with me but its being taken out on me. Not only that, but its affecting how things are at work, since he won't look at me or talk to me at all. So I told her everything that I knew and she was completely shocked about all of it.

     She told me that she'll put me on the day shift to start working as a server, so Mom can at least see to drive and pick me up. Or maybe I can keep giving gas money to have somebody bring me home. I'm on the night shift for the next two weeks so I'll either have to get somebody to cover my shift or get a ride home from somebody there, until I'm put on the day shift.

     I'm not sure how long I'm going to actually be able to stay at the restaurant, but I want to at least give it a few weeks to see if I'll make enough money and get enough hours. If I have no other choice, then I'll get a different job, but at least I know there are people who will help me out for now.

     As I was writing this, Mr Fix-It actually came by and knocked on the door. He wouldn't look at me and he wouldn't talk to me. He only spoke to Mom and he kept his eyes on literally everything except us. He said he just wanted to make sure I was home fine, and I said, "I'm pissed but I'm okay." Then he asked if I was pissed at him and I told him yes. The asshole actually asked why.

     "Because this has nothing to do with me. I'm not in your business for whatever is going on over at your house and its being taken out on me. You screwed me over and I had no way to get home tonight because of you. You don't want to be friends? Fine. We won't be friends but you can at least look at me and talk to me. I am still a person." Considering I asked Wolfy if I was allowed to kick Mr Fix-It's ass, I think I behaved pretty well.

     He offered to keep giving me a ride home but said we aren't going to be friends, that he just wants to make sure Mom doesn't drive at night and that I'm safe. I told him I'm switching to the day shift as soon as I can and until then, I'll get a ride from whoever else I can and I'll give them the gas money, which he never let me pay him.

     At one point, he even said that he was mad at me for talking to the lady manager about everything. I'm not the one who brought it into the restaurant, or into Mom's office. I didn't start this shit and I will not allow him to make it look like I'm the bad guy. Its not like I sought her out to speak. He's the one who was a jerk and made everyone go into a panic about how I was getting home. She got worried and maybe she can get through to him since nobody else can.

     Tomorrow, Momma and I are going to talk to the lady manager together about all of this. And the lady manager is going to talk to Mr Fix-It about getting his head surgically removed from his ass because he needs to treat me like a person.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still just so confused why he won't give you a ride, or says you can't be friends. Why???? And screw him for being mad that you talked to the manager. She asked and you told her the truth. It's his problem, not yours.

    But how nice that your work values you so much to want to figure out how you can keep working there. I hope switching to the dayshift will be successful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent you an email with all the details I know, since I don't really want to share it with the entire world.

      I couldn't believe it! I didn't think they wanted me to stick around that much and I was really happy.

      Delete