Thursday, May 2, 2013

I'm Not Sure What Happened

     I'm really not. I was lucky enough to get three different awards (here, here, and here) last year. Every time I get an award, I'm shocked by it. Before I get too excited, I check to make sure that it's not some spam comment trying to get me to go to their site or whatever. But then I freak out for the next week because ohmygosh somebody likes my blog enough to pass an award on to me.

   On my C post, I was surprised that I was given the Liebster Blog Award by Michelle from Things I See And Know. Originally, I wanted to accept it right away, like I normally do. I wasn't really sure how to work it into the A-Z Challenge until the letter L, but that fell on Ashley's birthday, so her birthday post had to come first. But that does not change how excited I am about it.


     Then, I was even more shocked, because I got another award! This one was another Liebster Blog Award, on my X post and came from Shawn Yankey from Laughing At Life, 2. I can't tell you how excited I was when I saw it. Not only did one person give me the award, but I was given the same award by an entirely different person in the same month. Ohmygosh.


     I never thought the day would come when I would have to accept two awards on the same post. I'm not even kidding. Thank you guys. I'm not going to write a sappy speech because I'm not good with sap, but seriously, thank you.

     As every other award I've gotten, there are rules that have to be followed:
1) You can only pass the award on to bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.
2) Post eleven facts about yourself.
3) Answer the eleven questions asked by the blogger who awarded you.
4) Choose and link to eleven new bloggers to give the award to.
5) Create eleven new questions to the bloggers you chose.
6) Go back to their blogs and tell them they've won the award.
7) No tag backs.

     I'm going to follow the rules the best that I can, which basically means doubling them. I'm not going to do is pass the award on to twenty-two people. Honestly, I just don't read enough blogs to have twenty-two blogs that have less than two hundred followers to pass it on to. But if you have less than two hundred followers and aren't on my list, consider yourself a winner. Congrats.


     Let's start with Michelle's questions for me.
1) Who is the most famous person you've ever met?
     I met all of the guys from the country group Alabama. My grandma is obsessed with them and took me to some thing they were doing a few years ago. She went back the next year and they all remembered her and had a nice conversation about restaurants in the city Grandma lives in.

2) Why did you start blogging?
     I actually answered this in my B post. Long story short, I have something that I need to say, even if I don't always know what it is.

3) What is your most likable quality?
     My mom says its, "I don't know about most likable to range everything, like 1-400, but I would say a big one would be your quick comebacks, when she makes someone laugh." I would like it noted that she had a really long pause while she thought about that and then followed up with, "And she's funny but she gets that from me."

4) What is one item you should throw away, but probably never will?
     Old jewelry (not even expensive stuff, mind you) that I was given by old friends or whatever. I keep it for the memories, even if its not the memory of receiving it.

5) If you could be anywhere in the world this New Year's Eve, where would you choose and why?
     Any place without fireworks. I hate being anywhere around them. I'll write a post on it one day (if I remember) but long story short, my dad and his redneck friends got drunk when I was 17 and we all went out to a field one of those friends owned. The cheap fireworks kept backfiring and going towards me. A few ended up under the gas tanks of the cars and had to be kicked out before anything could happen. I still have burn marks on the leather jacket I was wearing that night.

6) Summarize your outlook on life in six words.
     Stay strong and always keep fighting.
     I want a tattoo that basically says that, but I'm not sure on the actual wording or design. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

7) What event in the next few months are you looking forward to most?
     I don't have an answer because I don't know how long 'the next few months' is.

8) If you had a $100 gift card to spend in any store, where would you choose to spend it?
     I was going to say Hot Topic, because my closet is completely full but I buy clothes almost every time I go there. But I would probably buy CDs instead. (Yes, I still buy CDs, because iTunes is a fucking bitch that literally gives me a migraine and makes my iPod useless.)

9) What cheers you up when you are having a bad day?
     My boyfriend. He's almost always the first one to get me to smile when I'm having a bad day.

10) What one piece of advice would you give to a new blogger?
     Don't give up writing if you really have something that you really want to say and only write for yourself, not anyone else.

11) If you could create a memorial to yourself in a city park, what and where would that memorial be?
     It would be a memorial to say that I am awesome and it would be in New York, for the simple fact that I don't know any other well maintained city park.


     Now, onto Shawn's questions for me:
1) If you could choose to have any super power what would it be, and why?
     I answered this in my Q post. I would be able to teleport anywhere because I am terrified of planes (and my name would be "OHMYGOSHWHEREDIDYOUCOMEFROM" because that's what people would say when I would pop up out of nowhere).

2) What would you do for a Klondike Bar?
     Considering the fact that I've never had one, nothing.

3) If you could be any cartoon character which one would you choose, and why?
     Mulan. Because she is bad ass and saves all of China and she can sing. (I'm not sure if that counts because its a Disney movie, but oh well.)

4) What is your favorite movie?
     The Lion King. One would think I would have picked Nala or Kiera for #3, but no, I like having opposable thumbs.

5) If you could be granted one wish what would you wish for?
     Either more wishes or more genies, depending on if there were any rules to that wish.

6) Why did the chicken cross the road besides to get to the other side?
     To get away from people asking that question.

7) If you had the power to change laws, what would you make legal, and what would you make illegal?
     I would make gay marriage legal and I would make all bullying, in any sense of the word, illegal.

8) What is your favorite way to spend free time?
     Listening to music or writing.

9) What is your favorite quote?
     "Judge me and I'll prove you wrong. Tell me what to do and I'll tell you off. Say I'm not worth it and watch where I end up. Call me a bitch and I'll show you one. Fuck me over and I'll do it to you twice as bad. Call me crazy, but really you have no idea." - Author Unknown

10) In your opinion, do you think man has really been to the moon?
     Yeah.

11) What is your favorite quality of the opposite sex?
     Personality. Not even kidding or trying to be wise.


     Now it's time for a list of eleven facts about myself, for each award. I'm sorry! I know this post is really long already. Next time, I'll accept the award when I actually get it.

1) The quote from Shawn's #9 is on my Facebook page.
2) I haven't updated my picture on Facebook or any of my IM's since I had long black hair, which was back in January.
3) Currently, my hair is light brown-ish and above my shoulders.
4) One of my very favorite poems ever was written by Michelle. You could say that's one of my favorite quotes as well. Read it here.
5) I have snapped at many of my coworkers, when I was either being provoked or they wouldn't listen to me.
6) I can't believe none of my managers have ever talked to me about that, despite witnessing it.
7) When I write a poem, I really like it, but if I go back the next day when I'm not an emotional wreck, I don't like it anymore.
8) I took two World Cultural Geography tests last night and I was disappointed when the first one got a 90% because it's open book.
9) On the second test, I got a 70% and got unreasonably sad because it was still open book.
10) I partially blame karma because I shouldn't have been disappointed about a good grade to begin with.
11) Last week, I had a dream where I fought with the coworker who hates my guts (who I actually posted about in the C post) and basically called her a toilet before I woke up.
12) Later that night, at work, the food expo backed into her, despite her trying to warn him, and she dumped a tray with four tea glasses on me so that it looked like I peed myself. She apologized but she did seem too happy about it. The expo only apologized to her.
13) I think that was karma too.
14) Clearly, I believe in karma.
15) I also believe in God.
16) My right shoulder really hurts right now.
17) This blog post is longer than I expected it to be.
18) Everyone tells me that I'm quiet when they realize that I don't speak.
19) I usually just say, "I know", because I'm fully aware of the fact that I don't talk.
20) Nobody is more annoyed than I am by my shyness.
21) I can't believe "shyness" is a word but "opposable" isn't, even though I triple checked the spelling.
22) I think we're all glad that this is the last fact I'm supposed to list.


     Okay, here are my eleven questions for the people I'm passing the award on to:
1) What is your favorite band or artist?
2) What moral code do you live by?
3) If you could meet any real person in the world, dead or alive, who would it be, and why?
4) List three things that you like about yourself.
5) If you could play on a crime show, would you rather play the victim or the killer, and why?
6) What is one piece of advice you want everyone of the younger generation to have?
7) What is the stupidest thing that you've ever done?
8) What is your most embarrassing moment? (I know, I'm mean.)
9) Is that your actual most embarrassing moment or are you keeping the real one a secret?
10) What is your favorite book?
11) Do you have any pets? (If yes, you must provide pictures.)


     And finally, I'm going to list the people I think deserve the award!
Simply She Goes
Touch Of Embellishment
The Adventures Of Tootie And Izzy
Stretching My Wings
Diary Of A Square Toothed Girl
Uber Random
My Fight Inside
Doesn't Speak Klingon

     I know that's no where near the amount of blogs I'm supposed to put on the list but either they've gotten the award a million times already, or they don't do the award thing, or they have more than two hundred followers. I plan on doing the A-Z Follow Up post next week so I'll be mentioning my favorite A-Z blogs on there, no matter the follower count.

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the awards. That Liebster makes its way around, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. =) It really does. I've seen everyone else accept it so it was a really nice surprise to be able to accept it twice.

      Delete
  2. "Summarize your outlook on life in six words.
    Stay strong and always keep fighting."

    It's cool that you did it in exactly six words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I counted it several times to make sure that it would be six words. haha

      Delete
  3. Congrats! You defnitely deserve to get multiple awards, and I'm so glad you did! Great post, good job answering all the questions.

    I think your most likeable quality is how sincere and caring you are. You are someone who is real and upfront with their feelings, and I love that! And you are always so thoughtful of other people's feelings.

    Thanks for the award! That was so nice of you to include me in the list! That makes me really happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm still in shock by it.

      Awwwwwwww!!!!! I really wasn't expecting that. =) That means a lot to me. Thank you.

      You deserve it! There's no need to thank me for something you earned.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your awards! I think you're right on with your advice to new bloggers: it's so important just to write for ourselves. I love your response to the chicken crossing the road question!

    Happy Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was hoping my answers would be somewhat entertaining to read. haha

      Delete
  5. Rachel! Thank you so much for the award!!! I answered up everything and passed it along!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yay! You really deserved the award. =) Your blog always made me smile.

      Delete
  6. Why so surprised? It's because you're awesome and completely deserving of recognition.

    Also, I refuse to install iTunes on my computer, even if that means I have to buy the physical CD like a goober. Thank God for Amazon, Bandcamp, etc.

    Oh, and the flower on that venus is finally starting to bloom. I'll send along a pic when it's in full bloom. I daresay it's even prettier than the flowers on the other one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohmygosh thank you! Its crazy hearing that from actual authors (and future movie stars)!

      I have it but I never use it. I plan on getting a list of music I like and giving my iPod to a friend and telling them to make it work and give it back.

      Don't let the other one hear you. It might get jealous!

      Delete