Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I'm Not Dead

     Holy crap I haven't posted in forever.

     Its not like I ran out of things to write about. I have another award to accept, the fair 2.0, Mom's birthday (speaking of which, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMA!), and I still have a shitton of pictures and questions to get through. Plus, a few other random things.

     The problem is that I just haven't had the energy to come up with anything halfway decent. I ended up working the Friday before Mother's Day until last Monday, with only four days off in that entire time and a couple days were doubles (either office and then restaurant, or just the restaurant). I had a couple days off this week, but I just got switched to working mostly lunch shifts at the restaurant so that means I have to get up in the morning. Ugh, mornings.

     I have been reading blog posts. I haven't forgotten about that or anything, but my comments have been rare or days late because it takes so long for me to get to it. But I've still been stopping by all of your blogs and stuff. I just haven't commented on most of the posts I've read, because its so late I doubt that they'll be seen.

     My plans are to start posting regularly again, but I'm going to have to cut it down to once a week, at least for now. Probably on Mondays because I'm off from the restaurant that day. Even if I have to work in the office, I should be able to deal with being tired long enough to manage a post.

     My twitter is @WhenALionSleeps. Somebody make sure that I actually post.

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Well, kind of. It's hard to drum up energy to blog if you're busy and the spark just isn't there. Quality over quantity or some such nonsense, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, I completely agree. Its been getting harder and harder to even WANT to write ANYTHING, because it feels like I HAVE to do it. I still really love writing, but I think I need to take the pressure off myself so I can come up with something good.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Dana! I've read all of your latest posts. Sorry I haven't been commenting though.

      Delete
  3. So glad you're not dead! I totally understand life vs. blogging. I juggle that sucker ALL the time. Hang in there, post when you can, and we'll be here when you get the chance to share. I do love those questions...just sayin'.
    Tina @ Life is Good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Very subtle hint you had there. I almost missed it! haha

      I will keep that in mind, though, for my next post. =)

      Delete
  4. Ooh, glad I wasn't the only one who wasn't posting :) It's harder in the spring/summer anyway, and then if you are working a lot, it's tough. Blog less, that's fine, just as long as you don't stop!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same goes to you! You are not allowed to stop blogging. haha

      Delete