Thursday, July 4, 2013

Questions #4

     When I was doing the A to Z Challenge in April, I asked my readers for some questions so that I could do a post for Q. I didn't think I would have enough questions so I asked my friend Ashley to send me some. She sent me eight hundred so I decided I would accept the challenge and answer them all (like she also decided) but I would split it up with posts. I'll be continuing from where I left off from the previous post. You can see the other posts by going here and here and here.

     (For the record, this post was written when she sent me the list for the Challenge, so not all of the answers are completely up to date.)


70) How many hats do you own?
     Three.

71) Are you any good at pool?
     I'll let you know if I ever play.

72) What's the highest you've ever jumped into the water from?
     Probably just the side of the pool but I'm not positive.

73) Have you ever been admitted to hospital?
     To go to the ER for something, yeah. I don't think I was ever kept overnight or anything though. Even when my eardrum ruptured when I was six, I wasn't kept overnight.

74) Have you ever had any brushes with the law?
     Maybe? In sixth grade, my teacher and the principle didn't keep attendance properly. I had to deal with a truancy officer and brought proof I was going to school, even though I was marked absent. He put me on probation for a year and told me to talk to the councilor every day (she was never there) and said if I screwed up, I would be put in Juvie. I dropped out half way through the next year because the schools here are so terrible.

75) Have you ever been on TV?
     Not to my knowledge. I was supposed to be for a school thing, but my mom wouldn't give the permission for it.

76) Have you ever met any celebrities?
     My grandparents took me with them to this thing the country group Alabama does every year. I met all four of the band members. They remembered my grandparents the next year but I was just... there.

77) Have you ever been to Legoland?
     There's such a thing as Legoland?

78) Have you ever done something heroic?
     Probably not.

79) Have you ever played a practical joke on somebody?
     Yeah. Just small things that are only half thought out though. I still laugh at my mom calling me repeatedly when I got to Wolfy's house in April, so I answered with, "Hi, he killed me." and she totally freaked out. I wasn't even trying to play a joke on her but it was better than anything I plan.

80) Have you ever been the recipient of a practical joke?
     Have you met my mom?

81) What would be your best achievement to date?
     Not turning out like most of the people in my family, when all of the statistics say that I should be just like them, or even worse.

82) Do you prefer baths or showers?
     Typically, showers. But baths can help my jacked up shoulder so...

83) Do you prefer towel drying, blow drying, or natural drying your hair?
     I usually dry it with a towel the best that I can and then let it finish drying from there. Blow drying it makes it poofy, dry, and irritating. (Updated before posting: I just dyed my hair redbrown so now I have to blow dry it otherwise it bleeds red everywhere and stains stuff.)

84) Have you ever built a snowman?
     Yes. It is not as easy as you think.

85) Have you ever been sledding?
     Nope.

86) Have you ever flown a kite?
     I think I did, when I was really little. I barely remember it but I think my dad took me.

87) What color socks are you wearing?
     I'm not wearing socks at the moment.

88) If you could live anywhere, where would that be?
     A place without storms. (I said that while its storming outside too.)

89) Have you ever been famous?
     Not that I'm aware of.

90) Would you like to be a big celebrity?
     In a way, yes, because I would love to have all the perks a famous person does. But in the end, no. Celebrities are bullied by thousands, or millions, of people. I've been bullied before and I don't want to go back to that.

91) Would you ever go on a reality show, if so, which one?
     I don't see myself on a reality show. I'm too quiet so I wouldn't even be allowed on.

92) How big is your TV?
     I don't own the TV; Momma does. I think its like 20 inches? I'm not really sure. That's just a guess.

93) What is your most essential appliance?
     Probably the stove. Because food.

10 comments:

  1. I love reading these posts! The stove is one of my essentials, too. I agree with what you said about celebrities. The perks would be great, but all that hounding would be horrible.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you agree with my answers! =)

      Delete

  2. 70) How many hats do you own?
    Ten. Four ball caps, two straw hats, and two fancy Easter hats that haven't been worn in years...I grab a baseball hat if I have to go somewhere before I've done my hair.

    71) Are you any good at pool?
    I'm passable. In-laws used to have a table set up so The Engineer taught me and we'd play on dates when we were too broke to go anywhere.

    72) What's the highest you've ever jumped into the water from?
    The 10' high dive. A couple of times. Don't like hitting the water...
    73) Have you ever been admitted to hospital?
    Too many times to count and list here. I have a spread sheet I print out and take with me to doctor's appointments because they give you maybe three inches to answer that question and I've had 15 surgeries...and spent weeks in the hospital for various intelligent things I've done to myself, as well as ailment I ended up with...

    74) Have you ever had any brushes with the law?
    Almost arrested for skinny dipping in the reservoir after hours. Almost arrested for trespassing while attempting to go skinny dipping at the Boys' Club...see a theme?

    75) Have you ever been on TV?
    Yes, when I was in 5th or 6th grade our gymnastics team was on a show about kids doing extraordinary things. We would go to malls and perform a show, and then let the little kids try things while we spotted them. It was fun.

    76) Have you ever met any celebrities?
    I met John Ashton (Taggert of Beverly Hills Cop) while dressed up as Wendy...he was doing a celebrity golf tournament in our little college town, and I offered him a frosty. He picked up his beer and said, "No thanks, got a frosty one of my own."

    77) Have you ever been to Legoland?
    Yes, the one in Denmark, when I was seven. I was awestruck.

    78) Have you ever done something heroic?
    It's not heroic per say, but I did give up my seat on the plane so the 20 something could make it to his grandmother's funeral in time.

    79) Have you ever played a practical joke on somebody?
    Not very good at these.

    80) Have you ever been the recipient of a practical joke?
    They tp'd my house in high school...

    81) What would be your best achievement to date?
    Having my miracle children!

    82) Do you prefer baths or showers?
    Showers, or a hot tub.

    83) Do you prefer towel drying, blow drying, or natural drying your hair?
    My hair is super short so blow drying it doesn't take any time at all.

    84) Have you ever built a snowman?
    Yes. Many, many times!

    85) Have you ever been sledding?
    Lots and lots!

    86) Have you ever flown a kite?
    Love to! We've taught the boys, too.

    87) What color socks are you wearing?
    I don't wear socks in the summer...I wear sandals.

    88) If you could live anywhere, where would that be?
    Right here in Colorado!

    89) Have you ever been famous?
    Does being a blogger count ;-)

    90) Would you like to be a big celebrity?
    I'd like to be a best-selling author. I think it's the right amount of celebrity. Not everyone would know you, but you'd get maybe a little attention...you know, a compromise.

    91) Would you ever go on a reality show, if so, which one?
    I'd like to try the Amazing Race...

    92) How big is your TV?
    32". I know this because I have boys who care about these kinds of things...

    93) What is your most essential appliance?
    I'd say stove, too. I can find ways to work around missing the others.


    Tina @ Life is Good

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading these. Great questions and great answers.

    76) Have you ever met any celebrities?
    I haven't, but my wife once bumped into Fabio when she was 9. Literally bumped into him. She was looking for her mom, and there was Fabio with a bunch of bishes surrounding him, and she ran into his legs on accident. He laughed and said, "Hi there! You lost?" And he and his bishes helped her find her mother.

    Just picturing this in my head always makes me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahahhahahaha Can you imagine your kid getting lost? Then the panic ends because Fabio brought the kid back? hhahahahahahahhaa

      Delete
  4. Hey, you've been posting!!

    Yes, there's a LEGOLAND, and it's awesome :) When I visited my friend in California, we went (as grown adults) just to check it out, and it was so cool. If I had kids, I would definitely take them there :)

    I can't believe you only have three hats. Now I feel like a hat hoarder! I have so many baseball hats. I don't know why, but I love them. Especially ones with really cute designs on them. They are perfect for running, for keeping the sun off my face when I'm gardening, for days when I don't want to wash my hair...the list goes on and on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to go there! I really want to now. =) Disneyland first though!

      hahaha I rarely wear hats! I have a black baseball hat that I wear the most, mainly when I don't feel like dealing with my hair or if I'm going to be outside a lot. I haven't worn it much at all since my concussion though.

      Delete