Monday, July 8, 2013

Things I Did As A Little Kid

     My grandma called while we were eating dinner today. Somehow, we ended up on the subject of something that I did when I was a little kid. I thought about it for a few minutes and realized quite a few things from then and now. I have a bunch of little kid stories so if ya'll like this, I'll probably write another post like this.


1) I could never do math.
     When I was in pre-k, I was writing out three letter words and a couple four letter words like "fish". It might have had to do with the fact my birthday was 22 days after the cut off date for the year, so I was four instead of three. However, then I have to remember the fact that I once got into a huge fight with the only friend I had. He thought the numbers went "twenty-eight, twenty-nine, thirty". I was convinced it went "twenty-eight, twenty-nine, twenty-ten" because "thirty didn't make sense". I'm proud to say that I can now count but my math skills haven't improved by much.


2) My dog was a saint.
     The second I was given a walker, I figured out how to use it and I was gone. Simple as that. My mom had had a dog since she was fourteen, who she still had until I was about five. That dog used to stand over me and growl if anyone else tried to get near me. After I was in the walker, I used to chase her around the house screaming "DUN-DARRR" at the top of my lungs because I couldn't pronounce her name. She never bit me even though she really should have after that.


3) I was an arrogant little diva.
     Until I was like five or six, I used to stare at myself in the mirror and I was obsessed with how I looked. All the time. Pretty self-explanatory. I have no idea why I used to do that but I don't like mirrors anymore, especially when its dark.


4) I never really liked people.
     I always hid behind Mom when people would try to talk to me, even if it was family. I never wanted to talk to anyone and I remember a few times when I almost started crying because they would comment on how shy I was because I didn't want to talk to them. I was much happier around the couple of friends I had, or around any animals.


5) Not a fuck was given.
     The story my grandma told me was that when I was about three or four, my grandpa was trying to light a fire in the fireplace. I kept warning him that he was going to get burned but he didn't want to listen, no matter how many times I told him, so I went to my grandma and sat down next to her. I told her, "I warned him. Oh well." Mom said I must have jinxed him because the newspaper he was using kept catching on fire and flying out at him. I remember just sitting there like, "Well, I did warn you."

14 comments:

  1. The math thing make sense... Why isn't it twenty - ten?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I would like to know.

      Delete
  2. Aw, what great stories! It's good that you're writing them down. Believe me, the older you get the more you forget. LOL Someday you can show these to your own family so they can get a sense of who you were as a child. It'll be such a wonderful thing for them to have. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha You're right! No matter what, there will always be this blog for my own family to look back on. And for me to do the same when I'm older. =)

      Delete
  3. It's interesting comparing our kid selves to our current ones. Most things stick but sometimes there are some dramatic changes. I used to be exceptionally lousy at maths but now I'm one of the math nerds people come to for help! (Don't give up yet, you never know when it'll happen :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Share your math skills with me! I've never been good at it and I have little hope to ever be. I'm always willing to accept a miracle though! haha

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. haha That's the one my Grandma told me about. It was my favorite too. =)

      Delete
  5. I'm backkkk lol

    Very cute stories...but what was your dog's real name?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You better stay this time!

      The dog's name was actually Thunder. =)

      Delete
  6. "I warned him, oh well" ha ha ha :) What a funny thing for a little kid to say :)

    I was really shy, too. My one niece is shy, and it makes me so mad when my brother tries to make her talk to people. I tell him that that doesn't help, it only makes things worse, and I am definitely speaking from experience. I obviously got over being shy, but that's just the way I was when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Not a fuck was given that day! lol I was a mean little kid!

      I HATED it when people tried to get me to talk more. I still hate it, actually. So many people have done it that I still have a lot of issues with talking to people, unless I'm working. We all have what we call our "server voices" and our "server personalities", which is like us acting either more out going or maybe nicer or whatever it may be that we need.

      Delete
  7. I was shy as a little kid too, and like Kianwi, I always HATED when people tried to force me to talk. That only did the exact opposite and made me quieter. Why does no one understand that the last thing a shy kid wants is to be put directly in the spotlight?

    Anyway, as I grew up, I came out of my shell and now I'm really outgoing. But that was something I did on my own, not because I was pushed to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was put in the spotlight, I always panicked. I still do. There were just two girls at work who were asking questions about my boyfriend and I freaked out and just walked away, but I had no problem talking to them one on one. I felt like it was some show I would be judged on otherwise.

      I'm still really working on talking to people and I think I've gotten better, for the most part.

      Delete