Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Big News

     Its not news, but I'll say it now: I am the worst blog poster ever. I'm horrible at writing posts and actually posting them now. Somebody should like... tweet me or something to tell me that I haven't posted in a few days and to fix that problem. I'm not even kidding.

     I know this is a day early, but I want to post this now so you can go tell give her birthday wishes! Tomorrow is Kianwi's birthday!!! Happy birthday Kianwi!!! You're one of the nicest people I've met while blogging and I really consider you to be a really good friend. I hope you have a good birthday. =)

     Anyways, the actual news... Firstly, I got my first request at work today. I've waited on him a few times and we're on first name basis because he's the coupon guy. Normally, it's my turn anyways and he just sits in my section, but today it was somebody else's turn and he specifically asked me to sit in my section. Then he introduced me to the work people he was having a meeting with, like I was a friend instead of just their waitress. And he left me a $15 on a $52 bill. It was a good shift.

     Secondly, my dad's mom gave me a shitton of romance novels that I found when we moved over here. I've called all around to find a used book store to sell them to but nobody buys them. Nobody I know wants them (at least, nobody that I can just send them to because that would get very expensive, very fast). So if anybody is interested in romance novels, let me know and we can work out some sort of deal. If anyone is interested in them, let me know and I will email you with a full list of books. If enough people are interested, I'll write a blog post and cross them off as I get rid of them. For the love of my sanity, please help me get rid of these books. There are like forty of them.

     Thirdly, I got my license yesterday. I had an appointment (apparently, they're required now?) and I was pushed ahead of like 20 other people. Then, the tester was a complete and utter bitch. The husband of the woman testing before me called me over just to warn me about her. He gave me all the pointers that she had been failed on last month and then the tester went into the DMV, after yelling at us (Mom and I- even though she wasn't supposed to be with me) for not being in the car for the last 15 minutes waiting on her. A state trooper rescued me and tested me instead. He said that only stuff I missed, I would have gotten if I had driven more to begin with and it was obvious I wasn't able to practice enough. But I passed with an 88 and he said I was a good driver, so yay for that.

     Finally, the really big news (which is at the end for dramatic effect), I'm going to be moving in with my boyfriend in November. That one is pretty self explanatory. Everyone knows except his roommate and my dad's side of the family. (This is one of the reasons I need to get rid of the books now, because I don't want them and I could use any extra money from selling them to go towards my move.) But yeah, I'll keep ya'll updated as it gets closer to moving time and once I get there.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! No kidding, big news! First of all, thank you so much for the birthday shout out and the really sweet words :). You surprised me and made me happy. And I think of you as a friend, too!

    Congrats on the license! That's huge. So proud of you.

    And finally, woo hoo! Moving in with Wolfie! That is incredibly exciting. I can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! =) I'm glad that I made you happy! I was really hoping that I would surprise you with the shout out since I like surprising people. haha

      Thank you! I'm actually pretty surprised that I got it, but I'm happy.

      I know! Its in just over three months! I can't wait! I'll be sure to tell you about it. =)

      Delete
  2. Wow, good news all around! Congratulations on getting your license! I can't live without mine. Oh, and moving in with your boyfriend! I couldn't imagine living without my lady either. I'm pretty high maintenance, you could say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwwwwwwww! Are you just saying that so that she might accidentally see the comment? lol

      Delete