Monday, September 30, 2013

First Unity Day Reminder

     Last year, I wrote a post every day for a week in November. Those posts were about the statistics of bullying, an exorcise to show what bullying is like, a list of famous people who were bullied and the outcomes, and my story in part one and part two. I invited all of my readers to join me in writing their own stories and at the end of the week, I posted a new post with full credits and links to those stories. I also created an Anti-Bullying page so those stories will not get completely buried.

     This year, instead of doing something in November, I'm going to do something on Unity Day. October is Anti-Bullying Month and October 10th is Unity Day. I want all of you to write a post some time during that month, about bullying. Those who do it on Unity Day will be listed first in my contributors post on November first of this year, but if you write a post any time during that month, I will include you.

     I had a couple people who wrote the posts, but did not email me the link. If you don't email me the link, I probably won't know about it. You can email it to me at pertinax_puella@hotmail.com. If you want to invite your readers to do the same, please make sure you tell them to email me their page so that I can add them to the list of contributors as a thank you. Like I said last year, I would give you all a puppy, but I can't, so this is the best I can do.

     If you have any questions, please just ask me. If you want to see last years posts, the links are all in the first paragraph. If you're scared to talk about something that happened, I understand. I honestly do. I was fighting tears the entire time I wrote my story and that was two long posts. But believe me, it helps to know that it is all out in the open and that your story can change someone's life.

     Just to be clear, the post can be anything from a written blog to a video on youtube. It can be a simply paragraph just saying that bullying is a bad thing that should not be done. I just want something to be said to bring awareness to it. You guys all have a hell of a lot more readers than I do and you will reach more people than I will, if you just tell them what Unity Day is all about and why it is important.

     Speak the fuck up people.





**Due to news stories talking about people going overboard, trying to stop bulling, I feel the need to put a disclaimer here. I do NOT encourage, endorse, or support anyone doing anything illegal, harmful, criminal, violent, or dangerous activity. This is about stopping people from being hurt. This is NOT about hurting anyone in any way, shape, or form. Any links involving anyone going over the top and handling things inappropriately will not be posted on my blog, Twitter, or anywhere else by myself. If I find a link that involves anything inappropriate, I will delete it, and if possible, I will report it. Also, I am not an expert on this matter. I have included the links to the sources I got my information from and give full credit to whoever did the actual research, that I am using here.**

2 comments:

  1. Gah, I'd love to do this if I knew a way that I could say something funny without it coming across as patronizing or making fun of the topic itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. You had the same problem last year. I would rather have you not talk about it rather than making a joke of it, just because of how bad it actually is. The important thing is that you actually give a shit.

      Delete