Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

     I noticed a bunch of bloggers writing posts about what they're thankful for this month, mainly just a post every day with one thing in it. I didn't realize that was a thing until a few days ago so it was a bit to late to join in this year, but maybe I have a theme for NaBloPoMo next year since I skipped it this year? I'll probably forget, but that's not the point. This year, I'm going to list twenty things I'm thankful for (in no particular order) since I'm twenty years old.

  1. I'm thankful for my family. I don't get along with most of them. But I know that the only thing that's important is that I have the family that gives a damn about me.
  2. I'm thankful for my boyfriend, who I now live with, for those of you who missed that post. He makes me happy and I love him and trust him more than I thought possible.
  3. I'm thankful for my friends, a lot of them who I just recently started getting to know before the move and have no idea this blog even exists.
  4. I'm thankful for my school, even though it's a few years late for me to be working on my highschool diploma. But I am proud to say my current GPA is 3.88.
  5. I'm thankful to be financially okay. I'm by no means rich and I don't even have a job currently, but I saved enough money to be okay and still help with bills until I find a new job.
  6. I'm thankful for my health, even with the issues that I do have. Hypoglycemia, allergies, psoriasis, headaches... but nothing that is especially serious or dangerous.
  7. I'm thankful for the chances that I've been given by everyone who has help me come this far in life. Just a chance to hear me out without judgement.
  8. I'm thankful for music, which let's me get out of my head when I really need to just focus on anything else and just generally entertains me.
  9. I'm thankful for the faith that I have and the faith that people have in me, which I did not expect to ever have.
  10. I'm thankful for the things that I own. They're mostly in boxes right now and some is still at my mom's house, but I still have a lot more than most.
  11. I'm thankful for this blog, despite the fact that I post like twice a month now, because it still gives me a place to say whatever I need to say.
  12. I'm thankful for my first real job being a place that I was welcome in and gave me a chance to learn. Like I said earlier today, people work there for the experiences, not the money.
  13. I'm thankful for all the memories that I have, the good and the bad, because they made me who I am today and I think that's somebody I can be proud of.
  14. I'm thankful for all the things that I knowledge that I have. Not all of it is school based and most of it came from things I went through, but I learned how to fight back.
  15. I'm thankful for the strength to fight back and not give up, when I now realize that I have so much to lose.
  16. I'm thankful for random acts of kindness in the world, like when I had a stranger pay for somebody else's meal and refused to admit that it was them.
  17. I'm thankful for all the stories that I've heard because they always show a new perspective on things that I may have never thought of before.
  18. I'm thankful for all my girly things, like makeup or hair products, because they make me feel pretty, even on days when I feel like I look like a zombie vampire on crack again.
  19. I'm thankful for technology, which not only helped me to meet some of the most important people in my life, but lets me stay in touch with them earlly.
  20. I'm thankful to have made it to my 20th birthday earlier this year and I hope to have many more birthdays after this.

     There is my list of 20 things I'm thankful for but know I take for granted every day. I wish we all focused on what we're thankful for everyday and now that Black Friday is taking over Thanksgiving, I hope people don't forget how to be thankful.

5 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful list. We should all sit down and think about our blessings, shouldn't we? I'm very grateful that you've allowed us all to read your posts, which are always thoughtful and insightful. I feel privileged to follow your blog.

    I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dana! That's really sweet of you to say. Your posts are always so hopeful that it means even more. =)

      Delete
  2. That's an excellent list. I'm grateful that I didn't spend Thanksgiving alone. Willy Dunne Wooters and I fixed a delicious meal.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great way to spend Thanksgiving! I'm glad you had a good day, Janie.

      Delete
  3. A lot of great things to be thankful for. I actually didn't know you were only 20. You're wise well beyond your years, and I mean that as a huge compliment.

    ReplyDelete