Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Hi, I'm Rachel

     It's been a while since I've had a real life update here. A few of my regular readers had no idea of some things that I mentioned before, mainly facts about myself. Since I've recently gained a couple new readers (hello!), I thought maybe I should sort of reintroduce myself and let you all know what's been going on lately.

     For starters, hi, I'm Rachel. I honestly kind of hope that you knew that already unless you just stumbled onto this blog and never heard of me before.

     I was born 20 years ago, but I'm 7 at heart. (My Disney princess bandaids and stuffed animals will back me up on that.)

     I recently moved out of my mom's house, halfway across the country, and into my boyfriend's apartment. You can call him Wolfy. (We do have a roommate but he's irrelevant since I never see him and only hear him snoring when I'm in the kitchen.)

     I have a cat at my mom's house, because we couldn't have her in this apartment. Hopefully, sometime next year, I'll be able to get her back.

     If you ask me a question in the comments, I will reply. Most people don't realize that and then I answer the same thing a million times. (Actually, I generally reply to all comments.)

      I like weird socks. (I own ones with kitties, rainbow colors, music notes, butterflies, cheetah print, etc. And then regular black ones I had to wear when I worked in the restaurant.)

     Before moving, I worked as a runner, hostess, and then server in a restaurant. It's a job that I think everyone should have once in their lives so that they'll learn how to treat and tip people. (Way too many stories on that to know where to begin.)

     Currently, I don't have a job, since I'm finishing up my highschool diploma so that I can work in a daycare. (If you want to know why I don't have it yet, you can read it here and here.) (I have doubled the credits I had since arriving here, in the past three and a half weeks, plus raised my GPA to 3.90!)

     Some of the fastest ways to piss me off are by bullying, lying, or being a creeper. Especially if it involves somebody I love.

     Some of the fastest ways to make me happy are letting me have ice cream, stuffed animals, or Disney related things.

     For some reason, everyone asked me for relationship advice before I started dating my boyfriend. But now that I actually might have an idea of how to help, nobody asks for relationship advice. I find it weird.

     Wolfy is determined to teach me to play video games. So far, I haven't broken anything and I know how to push buttons. I'm kind of proud of that.

     Sissi is my sister but we're not actually related. Brother is my brother but we're not actually related, and he now lives like twenty minutes away (and his name is Tony!)

     I dye my hair more than I should. It's currently redbrown because the red didn't take as much as I had hoped. Next time, I'm going for bright red. Probably. I want purple or blue but I refuse to bleach my hair.

     I'm really bored but I think you guessed that already.

     I need more books to read. I like the Harry Potter series, The Night Circus (which I finally finished yesterday), The Hunger Games, and A Series Of Unfortunate Events. I didn't like any of the Twilight saga or romance books. Start suggesting please. (I've read a lot of other books. I was trying to go with widely known books.)

     I should probably go check on laundry so I can remake the bed?

     I don't know. This was just a random list. If anybody ever needs or wants to contact me, you can comment here or email me (pertinax_puella@hotmail.com) or tweet me (@whenalionsleeps). I'm pretty good at replying right away, as long as I see it.

     And now tell me three facts I don't know about you since I told you a shitton of stuff.

     (Oh yeah, this is a curse friendly blog. Except earlier this year when I gave up cursing for Lent, which went way better than expected.)

13 comments:

  1. 3 things about me you don't know: I never give up anything for Lent. I'm 54 years old. Sometimes I dye my hair pink and purple. If you would ever like book recommendation, then let me know. I love picking out just the right book for someone.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pink AND purple? We're friends. That's it. You don't have a say in the matter. =)

      And yes, I would love some recommendations! I have so much free time now and I wasn't able to read nearly as much as I wanted before, so I don't want to even stop now. haha

      Delete
    2. I suggest She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb, Where The Heart Is by Billie Letts, The Help by Kathryn Stockett, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, and The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. If you have a chance to read any of these, then please let me know what you think of them.

      Delete
    3. Oh, yay! I'll have to look for those when I go to the book store next. Thank you Janie! =)

      Delete
  2. Good to know more about you! So fun fact, my wife's hair is actually purple/blue, and she's never had to bleach it. The top is purple (it looks pink in the picture, but it's a really vivid purple), and the bottom part is bluish. Don't, uh, tell her I showed you this. Her identity is still protected, anyhow.

    https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/71984_10151487654702910_577657641_n.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I peeked at your picture and I'm totally telling her you posted it!! But seriously, I absolutely love that hair!

      Delete
    2. I won't tell that you posted it, but you need to find out how she does it. Or who does it. Or where its done. Or something I can work with, because I love her hair. Like, that is what I want mine to look like now please.

      Delete
  3. Woo boy, I can't think of any facts. Hmmm, how about I love and adore Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls? When I was in Honduras and groups from the States that were coming down asked me what I wanted, I would always say Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls! I even have a very specific way of eating them :)

    Have you read the Divergent series? That's a pretty good one. I like ALL kinds of books, and young adult are some of my favorite. Thus, Divergent :) If you like Zombie stuff, try Hollowland, and the one after, Hollowmen. I keep waiting and waiting for the next installment! I will have to look at the books I've really liked lately and email you some more suggestions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha How do you eat them?

      I've never heard of it, but I should read it now! I like a pretty wide variety of books, but if romance is the main focus, then I'm not a fan. But at the same time, I do like some romance being in it because awww. haha I'm not a fan of zombie things, but I can at least read the back of it and see if it looks interesting. I mean, I did like ParaNorman. lol

      Delete
  4. I've never worked in a restaurant but have left tips 5 times the cost of my meal if I like the person, especially around Christmas. Good luck with the diploma! My niece went back to school and her life has changed so much for the better and yours will too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm... If I ever work in a restaurant, I'm going to let you know so I can serve you. Please? Its soooo rare for people to do that. I've had $20 tips from a few people with bills that didn't require it and that made my whole week. But I've never had a tip more than the meal. 90% of the time, its 20% or less.

      Delete
  5. Three facts you don't know? Hm... Let's see:

    When I was a teenager, I worked as a front desk clerk at a Super 8.
    I met my husband in a chat room.
    I have to have some me time each day. Have to

    That was harder than I thought it would be! Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha It's not easy to list facts about yourself when asked, is it? I was struggling to reintroduce myself.

      Delete