Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Results: Is My Mother A Cougar? The Great Debate Of 2014

     After finding out that my mom is now dating Mr Fix-It, I began calling her a cougar. Why? She is 40 and he is 23. He is 3 years older than me and 4 years younger that my boyfriend. However, my mom was determined to say that she is not a cougar. So I did what anyone would do- I asked my bloggy friends and random Internet people for their opinion. Today, we have the results.





     With the votes being 6 for Cougar and 0 for Not Cougar, I think it's clear that I am the winner of this debate! So yes, I will definately say, my mother is a cougar. Honestly, if she had lost, I would just have called her a cradle robber and that would have ended up with another debate.

     This morning when I broke the news, she still said that she is not a cougar. I have this to say: Six Internet votes prove you are. You have zero votes. And none of the voters are biased since they have all disagreed with something I have said at least once before. Own up to the title and be proud of it since, dude, at least you even have somebody 17 years younger than you who clearly thinks you're pretty.

     And also, HA I TOLD YOU SO.

     Even though the voting is now closed, you can read the argument post here and form your own opinion if you never got to vote. http://when-a-lion-sleeps.blogspot.com/2014/02/is-my-mother-cougar-great-debate-of-2014.html?m=1

6 comments:

  1. I've disagreed with you? I don't recall. I'm glad you won.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you have at one point, since I have a lot of opinions a lot of people disagree with. If I remember whatever it was, I'll let you know.

    Also, thank you! I'm glad too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Not even the double vote helped convince her. Well, then I guess nothing will. Also, I'm with you. It's not like it's a bad thing - own it. When I'm 40, I sure as hell hope that 23 year olds still find me attractive. That's remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha She is the only person who says she isn't a cougar. Well, maybe her boyfriend too, but I'm not sure she asked him. But so long as she is with somebody in the double digits younger than her, she will be called a cougar and I will laugh while doing it. Because I am a good daughter. And also mean.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. So do I! And how often does one get to be right when it's against their mother?

      Delete