Tuesday, April 15, 2014

M is for Music

     I'm tired from a long day and then work. I wanted to do a playlist or link to the songs, but I'm too tired and don't have enough time before the day is over. Also, I had this nearly written before my phone crapped out and deleted it.

     I grew up with country and my mom slowly introducing 80's rock, before my friends introduced me to other types of rock. I now listen to rock at home and country at work, so that works out pretty well, but people say I either have weird taste or listen to weird music. Why? Rap is the most popular and I am not a fan of it at all. Music says a lot about a person so I selected random stations from Pandora and listed a bunch of songs that I like. If you want, I'm sure you can use YouTube to listen to any songs you don't know. (Some are favorites, some aren't, because I don't have the time to list all of my favorites.)

Life Is Beautiful by Sixx AM
Rocket by Def Leppard
Hang 'Me High by My Chemical Romance
Radioactive by Imagine Dragons
Postcard From Paris by The Band Perry
Don't You Wanna Stay by Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson
Sin For Sin by Miranda Lambert
Rain Is A Good Thing by Luke Bryan
Hard To Love by Lee Brice
Bully by Three Days Grace
The Kill by 30 Seconds To Mars
Rockstar by Nickleback
Cowboy Cassonova by Carrie Underwood
I Don't Want This Night To End by Luke Bryan (who's station I didn't pick but he popped up twice?)
Disenchanted by My Chemical Romance (see above)
Sugar, We're Going Down by Fall Out Boy
Face Down by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

     Eventually, I'll have a playlist with a bunch of music I love just so I can listen to it and share it with people to be like "turn the rap off, it's my turn with music".

5 comments:

  1. I'm so old that I don't know a single one of those songs. *hangs head in shame*

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there are a few songs on that list that you've heard but just don't realize it. Others are not popular at all and I'm used to people not knowing about the music I listen to haha.

      I hereby nominate myself to be your music teacher! What genres do you like? I should be able to suggest music based on that. =)

      Delete
    2. When Favorite Young Man was a teenager, we would listen to music on the radio. He'd tell me the names of the songs and the bands, and then he'd quiz me on them. I like a variety of music: White Stripes, Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, The Beatles, Beck . . .

      Delete
  2. The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus? For real? I can easily say I've most definitely not heard of them :)

    I finally made myself get on the internet to check out blogs! Good to see you are doing the A to Z :) I forgot to even ask you how it was going! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe I now have to music students! Class will be in session at the end of the Challenge!

      I did miss my H post deadline but I still posted it and then just posted my I post later in the day. It's nice to write and blog again, but very difficult to keep up with this year.

      Delete