Sunday, May 25, 2014

Seriously, Stop Texting Me

     I have done my first ever guest post on Janie Junebug's blog, for her series Bully For You. It will be up Monday right here. It would mean a lot if you would check it out. I've talked about how I was bullied before but I've since gained a lot of new readers who would probably rather click a link than dig through my archives. Not to mention, bringing awareness to how bad bullying is, will save lives. Not "can", not "might". It will save lives to let the bullied know that they have a place to turn, that they are not alone, and that things will get better. (Plus, Janie is an amazing woman with a great sense of humor so you should follow her anyways.)

     Updated: The guest post is at this link right here. The link says, "CLICK MEEE!" It will open in a new window, so you can read whichever post you want first and then go right to the next. (Yes, I really want you to read that post, please.)


     Now, onto the funny!

     This happened earlier this week.




     You can tell it's not planned because I used my mother's name, knowing I can't edit it from a screenshot without cropping it out (like I did to the woman's phone number).

     My mom gave me permission to use this in a blog because it just wrote itself. She also said, "I wonder if he works at Little Ceaser's Pizza where it's done by the time you get there?" and told me to text back to ask.

     Then I said, "She got pretty mad. I wonder why she didn't yell at me for cursing at her." Mom replied with, "She told her kid that Quickie Dickie is her father and allows her to call him that. I'm not sure she's too worried about language. Maybe that's why they adopted though."

16 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for the kind comments and for sharing the strange text messages.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You deserve all of the kind comments and more!

      It was weird. I couldn't even make something like that up.

      Delete
    2. Truth is always stranger than fiction.

      Delete
    3. Fiction is born from truth, but it just isn't as strange.

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed reading your post. All the very best for your guest post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone married to a guy named Quickie Dickie is obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer. That's hilarious. I once had a lady keep calling for Eric, her son, and even after I told her this wasn't Eric's phone she would just call right back, over and over, asking for Eric. So finally I told her, "I'm Eric's parole officer, and if you call me one more time I'm going to throw him in jail for harassment. Do you understand me?" She swallowed loudly, said, "...Yes," and never called back after that.

    Now to check out this guest post...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand how people can just not realize "you have the wrong phone number" means exactly that. I can understand dialing the same number twice if you thought it was a typo, but after that, dude you just have the wrong number and need to stop. Thank you for going to see my guest post!

      Delete
  4. Your real texts with your mother are hilarious, too. This takes the cake though. I agree with the Beer Boys and the knife thing though...
    Off to your guest post.
    Loved the song. Sorry forgot to tell you.
    Hugs,
    Tina @ Life is Good
    On the Open Road! @ Join us for the 4th Annual Post-Challenge Road Trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol My mom really enjoyed these texts! I ended up calling her while she read them. She was laughing so hard that she was in tears and kept making jokes that were just too much to share here haha.

      I'm glad you liked it! I will see you over on Janie's blog for the comment I'm sure that you will leave. =)

      Delete
  5. I'll hop over and read your bully entry at Janie's blog. I'm doing one of those, too. I don't yet know when it will be up, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to reading it. I do hope it's something you just noticed and not something you have gone through though, purely because nobody should have to go through such a thing.

      Delete
  6. I love when people fight you about a wrong number. "Oh, I called/texted the right number, you're the wrong person." Just admit you screwed up, wrong number dialer!
    Your post on bullying was heartbreaking and great. You made a new fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I may have gotten a phone upgrade last week, but my number has been the same for two years. I've never been an entirely different person in that time!

      Thank you. I don't want fans though. I'm not a celebrity nor have I don't anything to earn a fan. How about being friends instead?

      Delete
  7. So she thought her daughter was playing a practical joke on her by pretending she had texted the wrong number? They must have a peculiar sense of humour in that family. Or maybe you text just like her daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I didn't reply...like a year ago. My bad.

      She did get increasingly angry as the texting went on but I think the best/worst part was that she was texting her adopted child, or she thought she was.

      Delete