Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Six? Seriously?

     I'm accepting my sixth award for my blog today. I think my favorite part is that I can say, "I'm a six time award-winning blogger, nominated by the people". How fucking cool is that?

     Today, my newest trophy comes from Janie Junebug.  Go tell her hello and give some love to all of the people participating in her Bully For You series, taking place every Monday until everyone has said what they need to say. She's doing an amazing thing and you should all make sure that she knows it.

     There are only two rules to accepting this award, apparently. The first is that I have to list seven facts about myself and the second is that I have to pass it on to fifteen other bloggers. I'm doing this from my phone so cut me some slack if I don't reach the goal of fifteen. We'll start with the facts, as always.


  1. I recently submitted a poem into a writing contest, for the first time ever. I'm scared shitless and I won't know if I even made it into the first round until two weeks from now. Unfortunately, that's all I can say, as it's anonymous and I refuse to get votes just because I have friends. I'll update when I know if I win or if I never even get into round one.
  2. I'm also fleshing out and editing the nightmare post that I did a while back. Apparently, I have a chance at having it published in an online magazine. Again, I'll update as I know more.
  3. I just saw a picture of a girl who used to be my best friend on Facebook, through her sister's profile. I basically lived at her house part time for almost two years and then she just stopped liking me and wanting to be friends. She just stopped talking to me and I never found out why. My brother told me that I should ask her or I'll spend the rest of my life wondering why I went from being her best friend/sister/roommate to a stranger within three weeks.
  4. I used to work as a food runner and never dropped a tray the entire six months that I did it. I did drop one tray a few months after becoming a server, which resulted in me almost crying. On Saturday, I was given a table of six and a table of two at the same time, while I already had two other tables. While getting drinks for the six-top, I dropped the tray in the kitchen. Two glasses broke, glass and ice was everywhere, I was soaking wet, and I smashed my finger so hard that another server and I thought I cut myself. I almost cried at that too. Today at work, I was using a beverage tray again to bus a table. As soon as I picked it up, a glass fell over onto the booth. I just looked up, sighed, and thought "Why? I've been nice to everyone today. What did I do to deserve this?" Another table saw that, then saw me drop a roll of silver, and said that I should just go home because it was NOT my day. I agreed.
  5. Roommate makes popcorn that smells like sweaty feet after three days and he doesn't like to clean the kitchen. I've been picking up popcorn from the floor and putting it in his chair and leaving just enough soap in his dishes to make his food taste bad. He has no idea but it's helping to keep me from beating him with a dirty mop.
  6. Today I realized that my boyfriend knows me so well that when I say "that one thing" or "that one guy whatshisface", he always knows who or what exactly I'm talking about. It's extremely helpful when I lack the ability to make words, which is pretty much all the time.
  7. At an undetermined date in the near future (read: after I have a laptop), I will be starting a bi-weekly series. It will be focused on controversial or important topics. I have a page listing all of the topics that I have so far and any suggestions will give you credit for the topic. There are some things (for example, self harm or depression) where I will be doing anonymous interviews with people who have been through it. If you have a story that you want to tell but don't want your name associated with it, we can set up an interview for you also and I will go as far as to not even name your gender. If you have any questions, suggestions, or want to be interviewed, you can email me at pertinax_puella@hotmail.com


     Seven facts and I managed not to pimp out my own blog until the very end! Now, here are some bloggers who actually deserve this award and didn't get it because of just being buddies.


  1. Kianwi (formerly of simplyshegoes.com) from Writsey Daisy
  2. Tony (formerly "Brother" until he got a name) from Tony's The Best
  3. Tina (also known as my amazing math teacher) from Life Is Good
  4. Pottermore (who I know the identity of and you don't) from Follow Me To My Rabbit Hole
  5. Azia DuPont (who I followed after one post because wow) from Azia DuPont
  6. Sherry Ellis (who is so sweet and kind I can't figure out why she follows me) at Mama Diaries 
  7. Sara (I hope that's the correct spelling) from Whims And Wanderings


    Seven people and seven facts. Close enough. I almost threw my phone trying to link to one of these awesome people. I can't handle the rest or somebody is gonna have to replace my phone. (...on second thought...)

     Anyways, Janie, thank you for the award. I'm honestly not sure I deserve it since I'm not very versatile, unless you count "bitchy" and "bitchy with a purpose" as two different things. But thank you. I'm not kidding when I say that I smile for days when I get an award.

16 comments:

  1. Is it wrong to enjoy your facts when a lot of them are about stuff that bugs the crap out of you? You're just so open and honest you crack me up even when you're talking about stuff like stupid roommates. Love the soap on the dishes thing, and the popcorn...good moves.

    Thank you so much for the award. I love awards. I smile for days, too! I know a lot of people have "award free" blogs but I ain't one of them! Thanks, Rach. You made my day!

    Tina @ Life is Good
    On the Open Road! @ Join us for the 4th Annual Post-Challenge Road Trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He left a bunch of food out one night and I was tempted to put it all in his bed. The only reason I didn't, is that I didn't have the courage to handle the potential horror that lies behind his bedroom door. I don't know why I said "potential". I'm sure it's horrible.

      Haha Right!? I understand super popular bloggers who have an "award free" blog because there's just no way to keep up with it all. But damnit, I am not super popular and I love awards, so I will be taking every single one of them!

      Delete
  2. You can't figure out why I follow you? You're awesome - that's why!

    Thanks for the award. I'll see if I can get mine posted some time this week. Good luck with your poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that reason! I mainly meant, that you're just so kind and sweet and you never curse or anything. While I get revenge on my roommate and drop the F bomb half the time. haha I suppose I thought it would seem offensive?

      I can't wait to read your facts!

      Delete
  3. Your facts are excellent. As a young teen I had a couple of close friendships that just ended. I've never known why those girls didn't like me anymore. I guess they changed in some way and I didn't. Or I changed. I don't know. I love what you're doing to roommate and your future blogging plans.

    Love,
    Janie, who is so pleased you accepted the award

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only really had that one friendship do it. Everything else had a reason. I suppose we just weren't meant to be friends forever like we thought.

      Haha thank you! I love how everyone is supporting my payback to Roommate. Over all, I think I'm actually being very nice.

      Love,
      Rachel, who is very thankful that there was even an award to accept

      Delete
  4. Janie threw down the gauntlet and you certainly picked it up. Good luck on that poetry writing contest. It's an important step in your evolution as a writer to even submit. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I not only picked it up, but I dusted it off and put it on my trophy case. haha

      Thank you! I'm pretty excited about it. As long as I even make it into the competition, I'll be happy and proud of myself. Anything after that is honestly just a massive bonus.

      Delete
  5. Ah, thanks for the award and the shout out! You are too cool. Also- I was a server from age 14 until I was 26. Shit gets real. And real hard. Some days are good, some days are bad. I don't know if I could go back to it, but damn, sometimes I miss the tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You deserve it!

      Did you ever have the server nightmares? Like where you start to fall asleep and wake up thinking for you forgot to add lettuce to a burger or bring extra ranch dressing? Or when you're fully asleep and think you're the only one working on a Friday night or on Mother's Day? Because I have them almost constantly.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! You're winning awards left and right. Best of luck with the writing competition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's been a while since I've gotten an award, but I always get super excited and happy. I should know more about the competition at the end of the week and the nerves are really starting to come through now.

      Delete
  7. Well, crap, I never got around to leaving a comment! Sorry about that. I did read the post when you told me about it, so not sure what happened. Anyway, thanks for giving me an award! So sweet of you :)

    I am very happy that Janie gave you one, as you deserve every award you get :)

    #6 is sweet, shows you guys are a real couple who knows each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Well, I'm glad you came back to comment anyways!

      I really love my awards. They make me happy because I think it means somebody else likes what I have to say.

      #6 is my favorite too. =)

      Delete
  8. I only just saw this! Thank you for this. :) You made my day... and it's almost midnight, so I've had a lot of "day" to compare it to. Have you heard anything about your poem???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I only passed it on to people who I feel deserve it. =)

      I haven't heard anything back yet. I found out that it could be a couple of weeks. It's driving me crazy. haha

      Delete