Today, my newest trophy comes from Janie Junebug. Go tell her hello and give some love to all of the people participating in her Bully For You series, taking place every Monday until everyone has said what they need to say. She's doing an amazing thing and you should all make sure that she knows it.
There are only two rules to accepting this award, apparently. The first is that I have to list seven facts about myself and the second is that I have to pass it on to fifteen other bloggers. I'm doing this from my phone so cut me some slack if I don't reach the goal of fifteen. We'll start with the facts, as always.
- I recently submitted a poem into a writing contest, for the first time ever. I'm scared shitless and I won't know if I even made it into the first round until two weeks from now. Unfortunately, that's all I can say, as it's anonymous and I refuse to get votes just because I have friends. I'll update when I know if I win or if I never even get into round one.
- I'm also fleshing out and editing the nightmare post that I did a while back. Apparently, I have a chance at having it published in an online magazine. Again, I'll update as I know more.
- I just saw a picture of a girl who used to be my best friend on Facebook, through her sister's profile. I basically lived at her house part time for almost two years and then she just stopped liking me and wanting to be friends. She just stopped talking to me and I never found out why. My brother told me that I should ask her or I'll spend the rest of my life wondering why I went from being her best friend/sister/roommate to a stranger within three weeks.
- I used to work as a food runner and never dropped a tray the entire six months that I did it. I did drop one tray a few months after becoming a server, which resulted in me almost crying. On Saturday, I was given a table of six and a table of two at the same time, while I already had two other tables. While getting drinks for the six-top, I dropped the tray in the kitchen. Two glasses broke, glass and ice was everywhere, I was soaking wet, and I smashed my finger so hard that another server and I thought I cut myself. I almost cried at that too. Today at work, I was using a beverage tray again to bus a table. As soon as I picked it up, a glass fell over onto the booth. I just looked up, sighed, and thought "Why? I've been nice to everyone today. What did I do to deserve this?" Another table saw that, then saw me drop a roll of silver, and said that I should just go home because it was NOT my day. I agreed.
- Roommate makes popcorn that smells like sweaty feet after three days and he doesn't like to clean the kitchen. I've been picking up popcorn from the floor and putting it in his chair and leaving just enough soap in his dishes to make his food taste bad. He has no idea but it's helping to keep me from beating him with a dirty mop.
- Today I realized that my boyfriend knows me so well that when I say "that one thing" or "that one guy whatshisface", he always knows who or what exactly I'm talking about. It's extremely helpful when I lack the ability to make words, which is pretty much all the time.
- At an undetermined date in the near future (read: after I have a laptop), I will be starting a bi-weekly series. It will be focused on controversial or important topics. I have a page listing all of the topics that I have so far and any suggestions will give you credit for the topic. There are some things (for example, self harm or depression) where I will be doing anonymous interviews with people who have been through it. If you have a story that you want to tell but don't want your name associated with it, we can set up an interview for you also and I will go as far as to not even name your gender. If you have any questions, suggestions, or want to be interviewed, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Seven facts and I managed not to pimp out my own blog until the very end! Now, here are some bloggers who actually deserve this award and didn't get it because of just being buddies.
- Kianwi (formerly of simplyshegoes.com) from Writsey Daisy
- Tony (formerly "Brother" until he got a name) from Tony's The Best
- Tina (also known as my amazing math teacher) from Life Is Good
- Pottermore (who I know the identity of and you don't) from Follow Me To My Rabbit Hole
- Azia DuPont (who I followed after one post because wow) from Azia DuPont
- Sherry Ellis (who is so sweet and kind I can't figure out why she follows me) at Mama Diaries
- Sara (I hope that's the correct spelling) from Whims And Wanderings
Seven people and seven facts. Close enough. I almost threw my phone trying to link to one of these awesome people. I can't handle the rest or somebody is gonna have to replace my phone. (...on second thought...)
Anyways, Janie, thank you for the award. I'm honestly not sure I deserve it since I'm not very versatile, unless you count "bitchy" and "bitchy with a purpose" as two different things. But thank you. I'm not kidding when I say that I smile for days when I get an award.