Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Three Things

     This is going to be sort of three posts in one, because I planned to write about them all but didn't realize they would all need to be written about in the same time frame.

Topic One- Meet My Friend:

     There is a girl that I work with. Her name is Dura. (Ohmygosh, she has a name, so she must have a blog, right? Yeah, basically.) She's gone to tons of different countries and has done some really incredible things. Even though she's a Christian and stays true to her beliefs, she also rides a motorcycle and isn't afraid to get a random piercing in her nose or lip. She's kind and sweet, but she's also tough, intelligent, and funny.

     Her blog is a Christian blog, but I read it and I really enjoyed it. Even though she discusses her faith and beliefs, she also discusses the amazing things that she's seen and done, as well as things that everyone can improve on. If you're Christian, I can guarantee that you'll love it. If you're not, I still recommend stopping by to look at all of the positive things that she has to say.

     I'm trusting all of you to be kind to her and to only say nice things. I know religion can be a sensitive topic, but there's no reason that there can't be an open discussion about it. Be nice, be respectful, and go say hello. If you missed the first two links, just click right here.

Topic Two- You Won't Believe This:

     I'm sure you all know Kianwi. Formerly of Simply She Goes, now the writer of Writey Daisy. Most of you came to this blog because of her. Anyways, she sent me a laptop. Since she's writing a novel now, she decided that it was time to upgrade her five year old laptop. Her brother didn't need it, so she texted me like, "Hey, do you want my old laptop?"

     For those of you who are new here, I left my old laptop with my mom when I moved because something was wrong with the antivirus. I told her that she could fix it and then we could use it to Skype, but she could also use it to job hunt or whatever else she needed to do. Then, I used my boyfriend's laptop while I was here, until the screen broke. It's not completely useless but it isn't the easiest thing in the world, but it also hurts my back to have to put the chair right up on the TV if they're hooked together. It made it a pain in the butt to do school work, write, blog, or even check my email.

     Kianwi either took pity on me, loves me, or both. Because now I have a laptop, ohmygosh. I would upload pictures but that would require using my phone. I don't have to use my phone for this blog post. Oh. My. Gosh. Thank you, Kianwi. Just, thank you.

Topic Three- Help Please:

     I mentioned before that I have an upcoming series that I'm going to start. I'm going to start it on August 4th and it continue on every other week after that. (I plan on getting back to posting on Mondays and Thursdays again, so it'll be every fourth post or so.)

     It's going to be about controversial topics, topics that need attention, and the like. Each post will end with a link to a charity organization that needs money or attention, plus an invitation for you to post about any charities that suit the topic in the comments, so we can bring as much awareness as possible. I have a list of ideas to post about here and if you suggest any, you will be given full credit for the topic idea.

     All of that being said, I still need your help with one thing before this has even started... I can't think of a name for this series. If I get more than one suggestion by July 8th, one week from now, then I'll actually update the poll on the right side of the page so that it can be voted for. If the poll does go up, it'll stay up until the 30th of this month and the highest number of votes will win. Please, please suggest a name in the comments. I have no idea what to call this series, just that I really want to write it.

16 comments:

  1. I think you make it seem like a bigger deal than it was, seeing as it was a computer I no longer needed or wanted, but I am glad that you have it!

    Your friend Dura is the kind of Christian that I love hearing about...one who shows a positive presence in the world. I will have to check out her blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You gave me a laptop. I didn't make it a big enough deal.

      I think you'll like her. She's the kind of person I want to be like.

      Delete
  2. I am so happy about the laptop. Remember when I said recently that I was going to try to get a laptop for you but it didn't work out? I feel as if Kianwi stepped in to fill the gap. She's a great person. That's quite a list of topics you have for your series. I'll try to think of a title. Maybe something having to do with controversy? Perhaps an alliterative title.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember! Every time I tell somebody about Kianwi, I mention that too. It may not have worked out, but still, that means two of my friends were willing to send me a laptop to help me. It's insane to think about.

      I hope you think of something! You have some pretty great titles on your blog; I would like one too. haha

      Delete
  3. Thanks for mentioning me Rach & I'm really glad your friend sent you a new laptop.
    You're wonderful!
    -Dura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for mentioning me Rach & I'm really glad your friend sent you a new laptop.
    You're wonderful!
    -Dura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So are you and I thought I should tell people. =)

      Delete
  5. Should it just be called, "Tough Topics"?

    That was so nice of your friend to give you her old laptop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would certainly suit it! I don't plan on discussing rainbows and sunshine, after all!

      It was so nice of her! I'm really lucky.

      Delete
    2. I like "Tough Topics." It has alliteration. It's direct and to the point.

      Delete
    3. It sounds nice together and it was tough to name, so it fits there too.

      Delete
  6. Wow, that is one heckuva list! I'm not feeling terribly creative right now, but Today's Issues or something like that, maybe. And woo-hoo for new laptops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly! Now that I have two title suggestions, it looks like I'll have to set up a poll to be fair. Thanks Shannon!

      Delete
  7. Kianwi's pretty freaking awesome. We've always loved her, and this only cements that. And the world could definitely use more Christians like Dura.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kianwi is pretty awesome. I think everyone knows that. I mean, she did say that women are always trying to set her up with their sons. There must be a reason for it!

      I agree. Dura is the type of person who remembers what faith truly is, as opposed to being extremist or having the title but doing absolutely nothing to prove it. She is what real faith and belief is and should be.

      Delete