Sunday, September 28, 2014

I'mb SiCK

     That's what I sound like.

     Three days ago, I worked until closing (9, plus about half an hour for closing duties). Around 6, my throat started hurting. Then I got the chills. Then then the headache. I knew I was getting sick but I didn't realize how sick.

     Two days ago, I woke up with fevers. I NEVER get fevers. I was determined to tough it out and go to work anyways. Because I'm a supervisor now and I have to cover everyone else's shifts so I damn sure didn't want to call my bosses and say I couldn't come in. Then I went to the kitchen and ran straight back to the bathroom where I proceeded to puke. A lot. I gave up and called the owners even though I could barely even speak.

     Yesterday, I went to work because disgusting things stopped coming out of my body. I had fevers though. I had to sit down a lot. The other girls did most of the work and kept trying to send me home. My ghostly pale face was more like angry tomato red. I drank a lot of juice and almost threw up at work, but I didn't, so I stayed as long as I had to. Luckily, I could breath just fine through my nose, though it felt labored because of exhaustion.

      Today, I opened the store and I didn't feel like I was on death's doorstep anymore. But I'm still getting fevers on and off. Disgusting things are now coming from my nose like somebody broke a damn sink of icky and I can't turn it off. But I am able to speak, hold food down, and I don't feel like the fevers are nearly as bad as they were.

     Tomorrow, I have to work for six hours. I have a plan for my birthday post (last Monday) so I will do that sometime this week. I'll pick back up with the Tough Topics next Monday. Until then, I did a guest post over at my bloggy mama's blog. You may know her as Janie Junebug. I claimed her as my bloggy mom. Don't piss her off or I'll sneeze on you. Trust me, you don't want that at all.

     Wish me luck that I didn't infect my girls. We're already desperately understaffed.

14 comments:

  1. Aw, sorry you are sick! I know you feel responsible at your job, but you also need to rest to get better. Sleep is what you need. Lots of it.

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EWWW. Sound awful, and I hope you haven't infected someone. Watch out for those fevers....probably an infection you should be dealing with, maybe. Get well! Not sure I've ever heard of a Bloggy Mama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never heard of it before either, but she is!

      Delete
  3. God bless you for threatening people on my behalf. I understand about you have to go to work because you're the supervisor, but when you have a fever, you should stay at home.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technically, I didn't have a fever when I left. I got it about half an hour after being in the store. I was only getting minor ones up until that one. I think it's because I pushed myself too much working while sick.

      Delete
  4. Wow! I can't believe you still went to work, feeling like that! I agree with blog mom - you should've stayed home. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not quite 100% yet but I'm doing a lot better.

      I know! Bloggy mom is always right.

      Delete
  5. I'mb visiting from Janie's blog. :) Loved your post about tipping. My 22-year-old daughter has been in food service since she was 16 and so I understand more than some about how crappy tippers are the bane of a server's existence. Get better!

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crappy tippers make servers question humanity. Good tippers make them thankful and happy. I think we can agree which is better, all around.

      Delete
  6. Hey Rachel. Congratulations! You won an Amazon gift card in my giveaway. Please send me your mailing address so I can get it out to you. My email address is sherry.a.ellis@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh oh, still out. You didn't contract the Ebola, did you? I hear that's going around...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know the symptoms but if I look it up and even one is similar to what I have, I'll be convinced that I do have it.

      Delete