- Get my diploma. I'm so very close to this one. I have three math courses left. The amazing Tina was helping me with those until she passed away and until I have another math teacher, I'm sort of at a standstill. But that does not mean that I'm giving up. Progress, by a landslide, but not a success yet.
- Get my GPA as high as possible, since a 4.0 is out of the question. I currently have a 3.8 I believe. Damn geography messed me up on that one. I'm surprised it wasn't math, though, but that just shows how good of a teacher Tina was. This can be a half pass.
- Get a job, preferably in a daycare. I've had two jobs since I wrote this. One at a steakhouse where the management treated me like shit. One in retail. I've since become supervisor and I'm very close to being assistant manager. I'm much happier in this job than I imagined and I'm no longer sure I want to work in a daycare. I'm going to consider this as my first real success on my list.
- Find somebody that I can afford and trust to do my hair so history doesn't repeat itself. Mostly, yes. I found a place who I can afford and I like from the first time that I got my hair done there. I can't say they won my trust 100% but they're certainly working on it. I'm gonna count this as another success.
- Find that one charity where I can write emails and donate my time there. I did find it, finally. I was looking for an American charity or a worldwide one, but this one is specifically in the UK. Basically, you write letters or emails to make sick kids happy. You can find out more here.
- Cross two things off my daycare list. I'm no longer sure that's what I want to do so I think I'll be removing that for now.
- Still don't get another concussion because ouchy. Whoops. This is a fail. I whacked my head on a shelf at work, by standing up. I almost broke the glass and the customers freaked out. No hospital required because it wasn't as bad as that one time my dog jumped on my head, but it was still pretty ouchy for about a week.
- Write more poetry. I've written some, not as much as I planned though. I am happy to say that what I have written, I have been more proud of than anything else I have written before. I think I can count this as a half pass.
- Start posting twice a week instead of just once. Fuck. I forgot this one was on here. My bad. Maybe next year?
- Care more about my content and what you're interested in reading about. I feel like I do. I think that's one of the reasons that I post less. I want to write more important things and I want to make somebody feel inspired or humored or just good about what I say. I don't know what your opinion is but I feel like I care more, so this is a success.
- Complete both the A-Z Challenge and the NaBloPoMo Challenge. To be fair, I forgot it was November until it was like the tenth of the month. Another half pass?
- Don't buy any more nail polish until I use what I have because I have waaaay too many. I only bought like five and one was for Halloween! I know this should be a fail, but for me, that is a serious accomplishment. I fucking love all the pretty colors I can make my nails. This is gonna be a half pass.
- Don't let family drama effect me so much, when I'm not even apart of their lives. I think I did better with this one than I have in a long time. I was seriously effected by a call from my dad's mother, bitching me out on voicemail for not contacting her when I haven't even had her phone number in going on a year. But I didn't let it break me. This is a pass.
- Write an update next year about all of these goals. Why do I feel like this is the only one I seriously passed?
I really hope I can do better this upcoming year.
- Highschool diploma. Seriously. I need to get that shit done.
- No more concussions, please.
- Every other Monday will be Tough Topics, on the opposite Mondays will be a surprise style of posts once I figure that out, and then Thursdays will be up to ya'll. What kind of posts do you want to see? (See, I do care. But you need to answer.)
- Hold at least two contests on here and give away badass prizes, because it makes me happy.
- A-Z Challenge and NaBloPoMo. For real.
- Try to be more positive, since we all know I'm negative and angsty. (Still not as bad as when I was 15 though.)
- Stop saying things like "I'm starving" and "Ugh, I don't wanna work today" because no, I have plenty to eat, and I am extremely thankful to have such a great job.
- Start driving again, since I haven't driven since before I moved here.
- Get my own car. It doesn't have to be super awesome, but it needs to get me from Point A to Point B and back without issue.
- Bring my cat from Alabama because I miss that mean little thing.
- Start writing more. It doesn't matter what. I just need to write more.
- Be more patient. This may be a work in progress.
Wish me luck.
Happy New Years!