Monday, April 6, 2015

E is for Embarrassing

     Have you ever just walked into something?

     I'm not talking, oh you bumped into something on your side.

     No, I mean, you walk straight into something as if it's not even there and then end up with bruises all over various parts of your body because it was such a straight-on collision.

     Because I did that, at the WalMart my boyfriend works in, in front of a bunch of his coworkers.

This is the thing I walked in to.

     I wasn't on my phone or anything. I guess I had just zoned out or something, because I legitimately didn't see it and I was staring straight at it.

     I've never said I'm not clumsy though.

    The new location for my store requires the use of ladders, near-constantly, in the back of the store. It's been two months and I'm still stumbling all over the place. It probably doesn't help that I always think I'm on the first step, but I'm usually on the second or third.

8 comments:

  1. Rachel, hope you didn't hurt yourself, only your pride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up with a bruise on the top of my right foot, thigh, and hip. Otherwise, I'm okay! Nothing serious, though the next day I was a bit sore.

      Delete
  2. My friend and I were given Long Island Ice Teas...back when I didn't know what was in them. Yep, people ARE than dumb sometimes.

    Our next stop was a grocery store and we accidentally knocked down the pyramidal tower of cans. It was huge. Note I said WAS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You win. I probably would have cried if that had happened to me.

      Delete
  3. There is a klutz gene in my family. I have it, and my middle son has it, unfortunately! Just stopping by to say hi from A to Z.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandma once fell off a cliff one day and walked way with only a few bumps and bruises. The next day, she fell off a curb and broke her elbow. There is no doubt that I am her granddaughter.

      Delete
  4. I am a COMPLETE klutz so I feel your pain!

    Good luck with the 2015 A to Z Challenge!
    A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
    http://pensuasion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry you know the struggle, but at least we can laugh together!

      Delete