Tuesday, April 7, 2015

F is for Finished

    I find it sort of appropriate that I'm writing this on a day when I want to punch everyone in the crotch.

     Over the last week, I've just become done with certain things. Certain things I don't have time for, like being insulted or being taken for granted.

     One person decided it would be a good idea to insult me via text. I explained myself and the insulting continued.

     "You know what," I decided, "I'm done with this. I don't have time. I have more important things to do, like worry about work and cleaning and food and blogging and basically anything else in the world besides taking shit from somebody." So I deleted the text and never responded.

     Later on in the same day, a mistake was made at work. There is absolutely no way to know who make it. It was incredibly simple- we were over by $5 when closing. I found out where it happened but our cameras were down for the day, so who did it is a mystery.

     It only could have been me or one other girl- we were the only ones working at that time. I told her. She said something along the lines of, "I want to handle all my transactions myself because I know for a fact that I'm not the one who made that mistake." Therefor putting all the blame on me.

1) I trained this girl last year.

2) I fixed three mistakes for her all in that day.

     I didn't text back. I was tempted to ask that her hours be cut for the attitude, not because I am a manager but because I am a coworker. I decided against it. This time.

     I'm just finished with bullshit.

     You want to start it, that's fine. But I'll probably block you if you drag me into it. I don't have time for all those bad things when I'm trying to make time for the good.

6 comments:

  1. No one needs that kind of negativity and sounds like the person who was insulting you was bored. And likes to get reactions out of people. You definitely have the upper hand when you don't respond; the ball is in your court and YOU get to decide what to do.
    I work in a retail world, too, and hear and can relate so well!

    I am one of Lisa's Live Wires, checking in on the A to Z Challenge. Maybe visit my blog as it's about cursing...and the right time to do it. Sounds like you may have had one of those days! www.heathermccubbin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love retail but every so often, there's just something that happens and I want to pull my hair out. But I don't, because I spent too much money on the color so I'm not going to waste that.

      I'll have to stop by when I get off work tonight! A blog about cursing it probably going to be one of my absolute favorites. You're new here, so you haven't really seen what I'm capable of saying. :)

      Delete
  2. There's a power boost every time you say to yourself "I'm not gonna take it." Just keep saying it.

    I like respond in a alarmingly kind manner. It messes with their head. Like:

    Co-worker: "I want to handle all my transactions myself because I know for a fact that I'm not the one who made that mistake."

    You: "Oh, that is BRILLIANT! I was just thinking to myself, what can I do so I won't be blamed with others' mistakes? It might be awkward at times, because I'll have to stop helping others fix their mistakes, but you really are right - let's start immediately. And THANK you."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to be overly nice when customers piss me off. I'm always nice but when they're rude, I just throw on that extra layer of over niceness so I'm so sweet that you might gag. Like hell they can have a reason to complain to me.

      Delete
  3. No matter where you work there are always those individuals who just are so negative they can bring everyone down. And sometimes who made the mistake isn't all that important, as long as it gets corrected and warned about for the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly my line of thinking. It's extremely rare that the credit machine isn't correct and extremely rare the register isn't perfect or is off by more than a few cents. As long as it's not massive or consistent, it's not a big deal.

      Delete