Monday, April 13, 2015

K is for Kindness

     Did you do a random act of kindness today?

     I lent a coworker a dollar so she could catch the bus home.

     I gave relationship advice to two friends who asked my opinion.

     I did a lot of the muscle work today so my coworkers wouldn't have to.

     But did I really go out of my way to make a difference in somebody's day? Not enough to make myself happy.

     It's important to be kind to everyone you can be, so long as you are not being victimized or abused, but there is a special line between doing the minimum and making a difference.

     I've only been doing the minimum. I plan on changing that.

     What about you?

10 comments:

  1. Kindness makes the world go round--and it costs nothing!

    http://shrinkrapped.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And pfft to the people who think it's money!

      Delete
  2. Don't you have to wait to see if your relationship advice worked out before counting it in the kindness column? I mean, I've given the advice "break up" and the couple went on to get married and have kids. They're still together, but their kid is really ugly so I count my advice as a win. But my point stands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually right about this stuff so I'm going to count it now, just in case. If not, eh, we'll see later on and I can come back to edit this post.

      Delete
  3. Great post, Rachel...I will surely be more aware as I go out and about my day today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kindness is important. Excellent post for K, Rachel!

    2015 A to Z Challenge Co-Host
    Matthew MacNish from The QQQE

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really is important!!!! Idk if you follow Betsy @ myfivemen, but she had some great ideas for this a while back.

    ReplyDelete