Wednesday, April 22, 2015

S is for Snake Sweaters

     I couldn't make this shit up if I tried.

     A while ago, I was scrolling through Facebook and I saw that my aunt had liked something. When I saw the picture, I wasn't sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing. I had to click to enlarge it.



     Not only is that snake wearing a sweater, but that snake is posing for a picture.

     I texted it to my mom. I told her, "I suddenly want a pet snake purely so I can dress it up in sweaters but I don't because I don't want to feed it Thumper or Gus." (That's a Bambi and a Cinderella reference, in case you never had a childhood.)

     "Isn't a snake sweater just a sock with the end cut off?" My mom asked.

     I thought about that. "It could be but I wouldn't make Nagini wear socks because then it would smell like feet. I would buy it sweaters."

     "What the fuck is a Nagini?" My mom asked.

     I deadpanned. "VOLDEMORT'S SNAKE/HORCRUX!"

     "Oh." She probably had no idea what I was talking about.

     "I want to be able to say I put Nagini in a sweater. But I don't want to feed it Thumper or Gus. I do have a lot of people I don't like."

     It was at that point that I checked to see if I still had a nose. I do.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That is a very good question. I wouldn't want Nagini to smell like armpit either though.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. But I want to name it Nagini and make it dress up! :(

      Delete
  3. I'm going to barf now. I am terrified of snakes. You are not getting a snake, young lady.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I-but- okay Mom. :( No snakes.

      Love,
      Rachel

      Delete
    2. Maybe you can adopt a cat. The Hurricane and Physicist adore their kitty.

      Delete
    3. Eventually, I'm going to bring the cat out here that I left in my mom's care.

      Delete
  4. This makes me laugh - the fact that anyone even thought of it cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A caption said that snakes get cold too and the snake just crawls on into it's sweater.

      Delete